Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered Announced | State of Play

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
MMCviCp.png
$10 only? Nice... Imma get it for sure!

24 Jun 2022
I think people are trying too hard to force this narrative. I played the original to death and she didn’t have a gaunt face. Unless my memory is failing me.

View attachment 5610

Unless she looks like a dying heroin addict suffering from anorexia & bulimia, a woman will never be skinny enough for the dumbest (and likely one "take a seat" away) of men.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Are there any comparison screenshots out there?
Either way, $10 to upgrade isn't bad at all. I even got Horizon Zero Dawn for free on the Play At Home thing so this is like, $10 for ultra pretty graphics which yknow what who can complain about that

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Doesn't look like PC will get an upgrade path though.
"For existing owners of Horizon Zero Dawn (PlayStation 4, PC) and/or Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition (PS4, PS5, PC): you can upgrade to the digital version of Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered for $9.99 on both PlayStation 5 console and on PC (via Steam or Epic Game Store)"

Reactions: Entropi

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
"For existing owners of Horizon Zero Dawn (PlayStation 4, PC) and/or Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition (PS4, PS5, PC): you can upgrade to the digital version of Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered for $9.99 on both PlayStation 5 console and on PC (via Steam or Epic Game Store)"

That's good.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
What happened to the old approach of just selling more copies of the game? With that logic we would be in an endless loop of remasters as it is less risky than developing a brand new game.

Games take a long time to make. Remastering an old game and bringing new people in at the same time in between new games is a no-brainer especially with transmedia strategies.

As we know Horizon had planned a tv series which was cancelled.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
What happened to the old approach of just selling more copies of the game? With that logic we would be in an endless loop of remasters as it is less risky than developing a brand new game.

Games largely have a ceiling for what they can sell, meanwhile the cost is outpacing sales particularly when considering risk.

It about risk mitigation and it costs studios nothing and it costs gamers nothing. We aren't losing new games over this or riskier games.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
The difference is much bigger than i thought. Looks almost like a Remake.

I take it back, the 10€ are more than justified then.

It's a no-brainer for 10 dollars, though I do prefer some of the stylistic choices in the original better.

What has me MOST interested is the re-recorded dialogue as the dialogue in the first game I thought was atrocious. So would be eager to see if this makes a difference.

Super rare that you see that happen in games and it's a game that I always felt like desperately needed it, so interesting to see where my thoughts are on this and the execution on the new dialogue.

The original feels flat and awkward.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
So she doesn't look fat like that one grifter said. Imagine my surprise. Nice that it's only an upgrade but I'll pass. Might get a used disc or something later down the line.