• No Rest For The Wicked
  • Metaphor: ReFantazio
  • FFXVI DLC
  • Visions of Mana
  • Dragons Dogma 2
  • Persona 3 Reload
  • Stellar Blade
  • Helldivers 2
There’s more stuff that I can’t think of and that list is only the first half of the year so far. I’m sure a state of play and showcase will fill in the second half of the year, along with a new Nintendo console and pro model console.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
2023 was no slouch Baldurs Gate, Zelda TOTK, RE4, SF6, Alan Wake, FF16, Spiderman 2 etc.
Name wise 2023 seems bigger for me.

I think DeathStranding 2 will come out 2024. Maybe Wolverine?

Nintendo might drop a 3D mario game with Switch 2 and Metroid Prime 4.
Plus lets hope Sony’s own studios have a big hit from one of there main studios like Naughty Dog, SuckerPunch etc

Reactions: Sircaw

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
Asia coming out swinging. In terms of JRPGs it’s gonna be incredible. You’re missing Unicorn Overlord and Eiyuden Chronicles too. There’s SaGa Emerald Beyond as well

• Surprised
Reactions: Remember_Spinal

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
2024 will be a great year no doubt, but 2023 was an anomaly only below 1998/2001/2004/2007 the way I see it.
2011 was also a big year.
Dark Souls, Zelda, Portal 2, Skyrim, Uncharted 3, Batman, Infamous 2, Gears 3 just to name some

Last edited:
Reactions: Airbus

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
People continuosly hyping up 2024 is hilarious to me because any other year that would be a list of C tier games/IPs. All one has to do is look at the TGA trailers to see how horribly mid those games graphics and gameplay are, with most of the Japanese games on that list looking straight from last gen gameplay and graphics wise.

And the publisher who a lot of us bought our consoles for Playstation Studios, continues to be MIA for another year.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: JAHGamer

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
The game i want from those list are

• Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth
  • Hades 2
  • Black Myth Wu Kong
  • FFXVI DLC
  • Dragons Dogma 2
  • Stellar Blade
  • Helldivers 2
  • MGS3 Remake
Sony need to anounce more games in 2024 its about time

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
People continuosly hyping up 2024 is hilarious to me because any other year that would be a list of C tier games/IPs. All one has to do is look at the TGA trailers to see how horribly mid those games graphics and gameplay are, with most of the Japanese games on that list looking straight from last gen gameplay and graphics wise.

And the publisher who a lot of us bought our consoles for Playstation Studios, continues to be MIA for another year.
You just exposed yourself as a checklist gamer aka you only enjoy what the media tells you to enjoy. No wonder you were hyping up Hellblade and Fable 😂🤣😂

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
At least for my taste anyways …

• Rise of The Ronin
  • Granblue Fantasy: ReLink
  • Hades 2
  • Silksong
  • Black Myth Wu Kong
  • No Rest For The Wicked
  • FFXVI DLC
  • Visions of Mana
  • Dragons Dogma 2
  • Persona 3 Reload
  • Stellar Blade
  • Helldivers 2
There’s more stuff that I can’t think of and that list is only the first half of the year so far. I’m sure a state of play and showcase will fill in the second half of the year, along with a new Nintendo console and pro model console.
I agree with you, 2024 looks better than 2023 to me as well.

Reactions: Sircaw

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
We're gonna need some last minute game announcements if 2024 is gonna beat 2023. And I didn't think 2023 was as incredible as ppl are saying. Mostly Baldurs Gate just hit way harder than expected.

• they're_right_you_know

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
We're gonna need some last minute game announcements if 2024 is gonna beat 2023. And I didn't think 2023 was as incredible as ppl are saying. Mostly Baldurs Gate just hit way harder than expected.
Personally, 2023 is nothing special for me. 2024 looks way solid gaming wise, not that it has big names associated with it.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
For me, these games are at the top of my most wanted list.
  • Hades 2
  • Silksong
  • Dragons Dogma 2
God damn, those are some top-notch titles

The Muppets Dancing GIF

Reactions: arvfab and JAHGamer

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
At least for my taste anyways …

• Rise of The Ronin
  • Granblue Fantasy: ReLink
  • Hades 2
  • Silksong
  • Black Myth Wu Kong
  • No Rest For The Wicked
  • FFXVI DLC
  • Visions of Mana
  • Dragons Dogma 2
  • Persona 3 Reload
  • Stellar Blade
  • Helldivers 2
Yeah I think 2023 was pretty good but 2024 has the opportunity to be so much better for me just based on what’s been alrdy announced.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
For PlayStation in general sure. PS exclusive software was nearly non existent this year. But Zelda thru spider-man was a new release season that I think has eclipsed every year in gaming history. It was kinda unreal even if I didn’t care for most … that’s not the point. Shit was stacked.

Zelda, Diablo, Baldur’s Gate, SF6, MK1 thru Spider-Man and Super Mario wonder. Kinda crushes that list on name recognition alone (and most likely pedigree)

I expect 2024 to be more up my alley. A better year for me… but ehh it’s def debatable.

I’m far more interested in 2024 myself. I think Rise of Ronin looks dope, Helldivers does too… and those are the only two games shown at TGA that had any gameplay. That’s a good sign to me. I have expectations… for both Death Stranding 2 and Final Shape to knock it out of the park. Everything else is bonus. Ronin and Helldivers are already more than what I expected to spend money on.

HOWEVER. If Metroid prime 4 drops this year…. Let’s go!

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Just wanted to add. In 2023 we had the biggest names in gaming history drop some of their best and biggest games ever.

Massive layoffs. An industry bloodbath that will be ongoing… Which makes me ask? WHATS NEXT?

You had some of the best carry the flag this year and it wasn’t enough. This is telling me some major shifts are coming. In both what people play and who makes them.

Every generation is the most important generation to win. Phil Spencer is a friggin clown and a hack and when he said otherwise all he did was prove he’s a bitch.

Without games PlayStation set records. With games PlayStation will set standards.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I agree, for me it looks like a better year... of course it's all going to boil down to opinion.

Tekken 8 is also huge for me, so that helps.

Reactions: Umar
OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I agree, for me it looks like a better year... of course it's all going to boil down to opinion.

Tekken 8 is also huge for me, so that helps.

Part of it is this year had really big games but it was sequel heavy, we all kind of knew what to expect from every release. 2024 might not have as many big named AAA titles but it has a lot of new interesting stuff releasing that could be the new big thing. That makes it a bit more exciting to me.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75