How do you rate Xbox Games Showcase 2024?

How do you rate it

• A

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • B

Votes: 30 41.7%
  • C

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • D

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • E

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • F

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Discuss

The Xbox Games Showcase 2024 showed players everywhere that they have a ton of games to look forward to. Fans of Activision, Bethesda, Blizzard, Xbox Game Studios, or the countless partners building for Xbox were treated to a peek at what’s coming for their favorite franchises and new games alike.

Players can look forward to incredible returns to beloved series with Gears of War: E-Day and Doom: The Dark Ages, fresh looks at the likes of State of Decay 3, Indiana Jones and the Great Circle, Perfect Dark,and South of Midnight, a reveal for Starfield: Shattered Space, and much more. The show even extended to Azeroth, with the release date reveal of The War Within, the next expansion for World of Warcraft.

And from our partners, there was a world-first look at gameplay from Assassin’s Creed Shadows, an introduction to your future party members in the greatly anticipated Dragon Age: The Veilguard, an exciting look at the return of Big Boss in Metal Gear Solid Δ: Snake Eater, not to mention some incredible debuts with the likes of Clair Obscur: Expedition 33, Atomfall, and Winter Burrow, among many others.

All-Games-Use-in-Intro-3f108b645c564f9025bd.jpg

Plus, we brought you a first reveal of new Xbox hardware with the announcement of three new Xbox Series X|S console options joining our current lineup this holiday, featuring the same speed and performance with more design, storage, and price options to fit your needs.

And on top of all that, we also brought the gameplay reveal of a brand-new Call of Duty game with Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 – and we’re following it up with Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 Direct, offering you an enormous deep-dive into the game. If you can’t tune in live, make sure to check back for a full rundown of what was announced in the second part of our enormous double feature.

This is far from everything we have to show you – all this week, the Official Xbox Podcast will air podcasts from Monday, June 10th, featuring discussions with developers and even deeper looks at some of the exciting games from the show. It all starts tomorrow with an extended gameplay look at Avowed, on Xbox’s YouTube channel and podcast services, followed by Metal Gear Solid Δ: Snake Eater on Tuesday. If reading’s more your speed, every episode will be detailed in an Xbox Wire post breaking down what was revealed.

But that’s all still to come. For the time being, here’s every single announcement and reveal from Xbox Games Showcase 2024:

Upcoming Titles from Activision, Bethesda, Blizzard, and Xbox Game Studios

Age of Mythology: Retold – World’s Edge Presents its First-ever Gameplay Trailer

Xbox Series X|S, Windows PC, Steam and cloud, or play it day one with Game Pass

World’s Edge – the award-winning studio behind the Age of Empires franchise – showcased a trailer of truly mythical proportions: with a first look at gameplay from the upcoming Age of Mythology: Retold.

Age of Mythology: Retold will combine the best elements of the beloved Age of Mythology (2002) with modern real-time strategy design, visuals and gameplay. The newly premiered trailer at Xbox Showcase 2024 revealed the first gameplay footage, showing off exciting action and divine powers, as well as some newly redesigned deity portraits. The World’s Edge team also confirmed the launch date for Age of Mythology: Retold – September 4, 2024 – and that this will be the first title in the Age of Empires franchise to ship on both PC and console at launch.

Age of Mythology: Retold is available to pre-order now.

Avowed Offers a New Look at its Captivating Story

Xbox Series X|S, Windows PC, Steam and cloud, or play it day one with Game Pass

This year, brace yourself for an expedition into the uncharted wilds of the Living Lands in Obsidian Entertainment’s Avowed. In a brand-new story trailer, we learned more about the incredible journey we’ll be taking later this year, and met Giatta, one of the game’s four companions. As an envoy of the Aedyran Empire, you’re tasked with stopping the Dreamscourge, a mysterious blight wreaking havoc on the tumultuous frontier. Your soul hangs in the balance as you navigate the chaos of the Living Lands and embrace its wonders. Prepare for an expedition into the perilous, captivating, and utterly bizarre unknown where you will forge your destiny and shape the fate of the frontier.

Avowed will be released in 2024 – and you can learn more about the game’s story on Xbox Wire right now.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 Direct Reveals Campaign, Multiplayer and Zombies Details

Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Windows PC, Steam, Battle.net, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, or play it day one with Game Pass

It’s official: Call of Duty: Black Ops 6, the latest addition to the popular Call of Duty franchise, is set to arrive on October 25. Developed by Treyarch and Raven Software, Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 is a spy action thriller where nothing is as what it seems. In this mind-bending narrative set in the early 1990s, a shadowy force has infiltrated the U.S. government and players will be forced to go rogue for the first time.

In addition to a compelling new campaign, Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 features new innovations like Omnimovement, giving players the ability to sprint, slide, and dive in any direction and move like a Black Ops action hero across all game modes. Including the return of Classic Prestige, Theater Mode, and of course Round-Based Zombies, there’s something for everyone.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 launches on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and PC on October 25. Play it day one on select Xbox Game Pass plans (Game Pass Ultimate, Game Pass PC, Game Pass Console).

Doom: The Dark Ages Comes to Xbox in 2025

Xbox Series X|S, Windows PC, Steam, PlayStation 5, or play it day one with Game Pass

Revealed worldwide today, Doom: The Dark Ages heralds the return of the unstoppable Doom Slayer in this upcoming single-player, dark fantasy action FPS from the legendary id Software.

The prequel to Doom (2016), Doom: The Dark Ages puts players behind the visor of the mighty Slayer as they battle demonic hordes in grounded, hard-hitting combat inside an epic, cinematic tale of gods, kings and monsters. Supplementing his superhuman skills and over-the-top arsenal, the Slayer will also call upon his colossal Atlan mech to brawl with titanic beasts and retake the skies aboard his ferocious steed: a jet-fueled, cybernetic war dragon.

Don your Shotgun, Shield Saw and Flail and charge headfirst into battle in 2025 when Doom: The Dark Ages arrives on Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Series X|S and PC. Add Doom: The Dark Ages to your wishlist via the Microsoft Store.

Playground Games Asks ‘What Does It Mean to be a Hero?’ in the Next Installment of its Fable Trailer Series

Xbox Series X|S, Windows PC, and Steam, or play it day one with Xbox Game Pass

What does it mean to be a hero? In last year’s trailer, that question was answered by Dave, a gardener-turned-giant with a chip on his shoulder. This year, we get a much darker take from Humphry, played by the British comedy actor Matt King. Humphry was once Albion’s greatest Hero, but those glory days are long gone. In Fable, Humphry will be forced out of retirement when a mysterious figure from his past threatens the very existence of Albion.

Playground Games also confirmed its collaboration with Eidos Montreal, who will be supporting the ongoing development of Fable, which will be coming to players in 2025. For Wishlist and more, visit xbox.com/fable.

E-Day Marks a New Dawn for Gears of War

Gears of War: E-Day is the next mainline game in the Gears of War universe, set during the pivotal Emergence Day. Fourteen years before Gears of War, war heroes Marcus Fenix and Dom Santiago return home to face a new nightmare: the Locust Horde. These subterranean monsters, grotesque and relentless, erupt from below, laying siege on humanity itself.

In the announce trailer for the series’ next major installment, The Coalition has teamed up with Blur Studio to forge a visually stunning trailer using in-game assets in Unreal Engine 5. It features a new instrumental version of ‘Mad World,’ originally performed by Gary Jules for the iconic 2006 commercial, now brilliantly reimagined by the game’s composer Adam Lastiwka. The trailer made its debut in 4K resolution and 30 FPS with 5.1 stereo sound. These specs, optimized for streaming, do not represent the final game’s performance.

Find out more in our conversation with the developers on Xbox Wire.

New Trailer for Indiana Jones and the Great Circle

Xbox Series X|S, Windows PC, Steam, or play it day one on Game Pass

Become the famous archaeologist and face off against sinister forces as you fight to uncover the truth behind one of history’s greatest mysteries in Indiana Jones and the Great Circle. Brand new gameplay and a scene from a pivotal moment in the game were debuted during the Xbox Showcase. An intercepted message sends Indy and Gina to the Himalayas where their treacherous trek through the mountains leads them to a startling discovery.

Play Indiana Jones and the Great Circle day one on Game Pass when it launches later this year on Xbox Series X|S and PC.

Take to the Skies on November 19 with the All-New Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024

Xbox Series X|S, Windows PC, Steam, cloud, or play it day one with Xbox Game Pass

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024
is the next installment in the Microsoft Flight Simulator franchise. It is the most ambitious consumer flight simulator ever undertaken. It features the largest, most diverse and detailed fleet of aircraft, the most complete representation of airports and air traffic, and the most visually stunning rendition of Earth ever created.

This brand-new simulator is designed to take advantage of the latest technologies in simulation, cloud, machine learning, graphics and gaming. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 goes beyond merely operating the aircraft; it will allow simmers to pursue their dream of an aviation career.

With features like aerial firefighting, search and rescue, commercial flights, remote cargo ops, VIP charter service, air racing, and more, simmers will not only be experiencing the joy of flight, but also dive into the pilot career they always dreamed of. The sky is calling! Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 takes off on PC and Xbox Series X|S on November 19, and will be available with Game Pass on console, PC, and cloud on day one.

Perfect Dark Unveils First Look at Gameplay in New Trailer

Today, we got a first look at gameplay from Perfect Dark, The Initiative’s highly anticipated reboot of the secret agent series featuring the iconic Joanna Dark.

In the near future, Earth is struck by a series of global disasters, bringing ecosystems around the world to the verge of collapse. In the all-new Perfect Dark game, you experience the journey of Joanna Dark, dataDyne’s elite agent, as she hunts down the world’s most wanted criminal, Daniel Carrington, to uncover the mysteries behind the technological breakthroughs that could threaten the lives of millions of people.

The new trailer showed us Joanna’s descent into the game’s Cairo setting, offered us a glimpse at the mysteries behind this near-future ecological sci-fi story, and introduced us to a game that blends fluid traversal, gadgets, close-quarters combat, gunplay, stealth, and more to create the ultimate secret agent experience.

Want to know more? Read our exclusive explainer article on Xbox Wire now.

South of Midnight Shows Off First Gameplay – and the Monstrous Two-Toed Tom

Last edited:

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
B
Quantity over Quality. Some nice stuff but nothing that would make me buy an Xbox

Hilarious that the world Exclusive wasn’t used once 😂😂

Reactions: Diah

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
iu.png

Showcase.

Jokes aside though. Stalker 2, Doom and Gears 6 looks very good. Porting their games to PS5 was the dumbest move Xbox could have made. I would have bought an Xbox for these games, but now I just will buy them on PS5...
The rest of the shown games should have never been greenlit lol

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
It was a great showcase although it was kinda disappointing that ID went with another doom game instead of quake.

I gave it an B+. Although not a fan of how you seemed to play with many similar looking game protagonists in many of their games.

Last edited:

Zeno

28 Jun 2023
I actually liked it. I have to say though, that some of the games looked really really similiar.
Indiana I didn't like at all. Fable looks like Hellblade set in a different world.
I would actually like to see Xbox take this publisher role, there are some games in this portfolio I would try out.

You can totally see the amount of developers that are now under the Xbox umbrella which bring many 75-85 metacritic type games with them.

Reactions: Diah and Luffy123

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
It was a solid B. A bunch of 75-85 rated looking games

There wasn’t one thing that was like a GOW 2018 or even Ghosts of Tsushima tbh

Reactions: Diah

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Easy A for me, Life is Strange alone made the show a B+, everything else was cherry on top.

AC Shadows, Expedition 33, Mixtape, Metal Gear, South of Midnight, Perfect Dark and Mixtape all look good to me as well.

Even if Xbox 1st party miss, the 3rd party showings were great

23 May 2024
B
Quantity over Quality. Some nice stuff but nothing that would make me buy an Xbox

Hilarious that the world Exclusive wasn’t used once 😂😂
I don't think it's about you buying a Xbox, you buy it on PC or playstation (eventually) you're still giving them money.

Eaaily an A, we haven't had a show that good since the good old days when Sony use to go to e3 (but not Sony's last e3, that was not great)

Reactions: Diah and Luffy123

Maverick

1 Sep 2023
Not gonna lie, they nailed it this time. But why would I own Xbox? All of the game will be day and date on PC and their best game (Doom) is coming to PS5 day 1.

TrishaCat

17 May 2024
C
Not enough Japanese titles and indie titles, but also a lot of what was shown looked really cool. Some of it had too much CGI and too little gameplay though. More trailers showing gameplay would've made the direct better. I wanna know how Gears plays! I wanna know more about how Fable plays! But also it being mostly back to back trailers was pretty rad. I'm only giving a C because there's not enough to my taste.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
This year is honestly a wash for them, indy and avowed look like 7/10 games at best. I hope the same energy that ronin got for bad graphics is shown for the lame animations in avowed and indy. Next year SoM, PD will be the final nails in the coffin if they can even get them out

Reactions: Luffy123

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Crapgamer gave the show a 9 for the amount of games that were shown but ended it with saying how he doesn't trust the Xbox execs and saying that the showing won't lead to a influx of people going out and buying a Xbox because the 1st party Xbox games will come to PS at some point. Lol. That's pretty much the sentiment that the showing was good but Project Latitude is one big cloud that's hovering over Xbox.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
B

Nothing there wowed me to give it an A, but decent stuff.

Your move Sony. Time to show what your studios are working on and not rely on third parties.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
C - Good event with no megatons or big surprises.

Great to see Doom and Gears announcements, and also to finally Perfect Dark gameplay. But as usual a big portion were CGs, games listed as TBA, expansions for old GaaS, multiplatform games, games I don't care about at all and no big exclusive for 2024 that would make me want to buy an Xbox or at least to get Gamepass. Nice to see the confirmation of Doom being in PS5 day one.