How do you rate Xbox Games Showcase 2024?

How do you rate it

• A

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • B

Votes: 30 41.7%
  • C

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • D

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • E

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • F

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022

Herman to busy with what to port to pc next to care about a decent showcase.

Hermen:
"Nooo that's too expensive"
"Won't somebody think of the developers who now decide the marketing schedule"

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I give Mixtape a year before it gets delisted from all storefronts due to music licensing constraints.

Also, I realize we should be more receptive to games that aren't shootbang dudebro things, but what is the GAME aspect to it?

That being said, love the look of it.
i would hope they have long term licence agreements in place for the music,

I would imagine it's a simple game of discovery and self-awakening, like the bit in the car and standing up. Maybe you get to choose the music you play.

My only problem with it might be its timeline; it will appeal to a certain demography in terms of when that music was being played and when you were a teenager.

I was born in 1974; we need to go a long way back to my teenage years and my type of music.

I recently played the game "It Takes Two" with a friend, and oh boy, what an absolute gem of a game it is. It's a masterpiece, if you have not played that, I would 500% recommend it.

I agree 100% with your shooter take, there is just to much of that about these days.

Summer Nightmares

12 Jan 2023
Some amazing games right there, I'll give it a B+ just for AOM, I've been waiting for a remaster too many years. It was one of my favorite games when I was a kid. And we can already preorder.

The thing with Microsoft is that they always show interesting stuff, but they never release and when they do they barely live up to expectations. With AOM at least we have a release date.

Doom also looks cool as fuck.

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Meanwhile FF7 Rebirth still the highest rated game of the year, Helldivers 2 among the best selling. Concord claps every hero-shooter shown in SGF and Astrobot highly likely to be a GOTY (contender).

Hermen ain't worried about nothing after watching that. Indi Jones and Avowed still no date despite coming within 6 months and he got Wukong as a free timed console exclusive thanks to the Series S. At best he calls Sucker Punch and says have Ghost 2 ready to go against Fable next year. He is probably on his way somewhere to go surfing or something.

Regarding the show it was a bit mixed for me I feel like a lot of CGI, the dlc's did nothing for me, some downgrades and no specific release dates, the dumb Series X 2tb for 600 and nothing that really impressed me (prob thanks to the S).

That said easily best show of the summer, I really liked South of Midnight, that 33 turn based game, Perfect Dark reminded me of Deus Ex which is good and Fable dated 2025. E-day Gears is a great closer with the Madworld piano, could'v done with a better CGI tho, I should feel more hype but Coalition after 4&5...yeah hopefully they hire CliffyB. It's a shame they have that anker of a Series S.

I will probably get a month of GP at the end of the year to knock out Black Ops SP, Hellblade 2 and Stalker 2. Indi Jones perhaps and tryout Avowed as well if they make it. I can't hate for 15 euros that's insane.

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
B. Better than the state of crap we got last Thursday

Ico

8 May 2024
hay good luck believing any of these showcases will change anything for xbox

and why people should care if it will change anything? their path as a multiplat publisher/developer is already clear, and the most important thing of all, they are releasing and showing future games, thats what their customers want and they sure are delivering it. as a sony fan i wish i had more stuff to be happy about after astro bot, since i dont get any fun by looking at sales numbers and all that stuff

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
and why people should care if it will change anything? their path as a multiplat publisher/developer is already clear, and the most important thing of all, they are releasing and showing future games, thats what their customers want and they sure are delivering it. as a sony fan i wish i had more stuff to be happy about after astro bot, since i dont get any fun by looking at sales numbers and all that stuff
dont know,try to hit your balls with a rock or something homie

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: Ico

Ico

8 May 2024
love the hopium, but this will change nothing for the bottom line of Xbox console sales

not hopium tho, unless youre a shareholder people are pretty hyped and they have a reason, i would feel the same if i just saw a lot of playstation 1st party games being showed! also, while 90% of todays show wasnt my cup of tea the new doom looks rad asf

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Yes but everything besides Astro Bot was a multiplat and most of SIE's own games shown last SOP were GAAS or PC ports.

The Xbox games are soonish; furthest ones out are games like Perfect Dark which are 2026, and I said that was gonna be a 2026 game ages ago once initial word of issues with The Initiative & getting CD involved came around.

For a showcase and for what is generally expected now from Microsoft as a platform holder & publisher, this Showcase as a B+ IMO. For a SOP and what is generally expected from Sony as a platform holder & publisher, May's SOP was a D.
Well I thought Sony last show was one of the best… at least way better than the January show.

There are at least 5 games that I was really impressed and listed them at the thread.

That is the reason I give Sony’s show A.

I didn’t watch Xbox’s show but from what I watched maybe the Perfect Dark that is not Perfect Dark can be good but again it is years from being launch.

I’m not sure which score I could give to Xbox’s show but based in the trailers I saw maybe a B but depending how was the show it could be lower.

BTW all the 5 games I was interested in Sony’s show were either PS5 only or not coming to Xbox at all 🤷‍♂️

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I will say one last thing…

If Sony made a show with the same games MS did then most here should be giving C and D scores to that show.

That is how you guys trend to hype Xbox for nothing 🤷‍♂️

That is like dejavus or f previous years.