How do you rate Xbox Games Showcase 2024?

How do you rate it

• A

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • B

Votes: 30 41.7%
  • C

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • D

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • E

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • F

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
If Sony made a show with the same games MS did then most here should be giving C and D scores to that show.

I cant do that man, if I had sony showing 11 videos of new games, trailers from old announcements and updates/dlcs to already released games ALL of our 1st party studios I would burst a nut in the spot and the score would be SSS+

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Some of you are clearly in denial

Name the games mate.

I’m in denial.

Doom looks good but it’s multi-platform anyway.

Stalker 2 will be great but 3 month exclusive I believe.

The Shadow Hearts like RPG looked good but it’s probably also Multi-Platform.

Gears of War is gonna be more Gears of War but it’s years away.

Perfect Dark looks like a Mirrors edge clone. Not even a true FPS from that trailer reveal.

No Elders Scrolls, No Fallout, No Halo and unfortunately no Quake.

What others are they? Not shitting on Xbox because Sony have been far worse with what they showed at the State of Play.

Still it looks like 2024 is a better year for PS5 than Xbox.

Fortunately we got FF7 Rebirth and will be getting Astro Bot this year.

What exclusives are we getting this year from the Xbox Showcase? Avowed?

Could someone compile the 2024 exclusives for PS5 and Xbox please? Couldn’t give a damn about 2025 cause Sony haven’t revealed what they have in store for it.

Supposedly this was a dry year for Sony.

Last edited:
Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I cant do that man, if I had sony showing 11 videos of new games, trailers from old announcements and updates/dlcs to already released games ALL of our 1st party studios I would burst a nut in the spot and the score would be SSS+
Nah people should…

“Meh games to release in 5 years”
“Neh all coming to PC”
“Meh all coming to Xbox”
“Showing games already announced? Where the new games?”

I can go on.

I will do a list with all showed in both shows and people will understand how biased toward Xbox they are.

Sony fans should be hating to unbelievable levels (real Sony fans… boy faked Xbots crying as Sony fans) if Sony did a show like that.

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
love the copium
I'm not sure who actually needs to cope here. Phil literally said in an interview at the end of the show confirming again that these games will be coming to other platforms (e.g. Playstation). But keep living in dreamland while while they bring all their game to "more platforms" and get outsold globally 5 to 1.

Last edited:
Reactions: ApolloHelios

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
I'm not sure who actually needs to cope here. Phil literally said in an interview at the end of the show confirming again that these games will be coming to other platforms (e.g. Playstation). But keep living in dreamland while while they bring all their game to "more platforms" and get outsold globally 5 to 1.

huh? what i said had no bearing on games arriving on other platforms. you were dismissing the games solely because the consoles sales suck. Copium. You're living up to your user name. I love it.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
huh? what i said had no bearing on games arriving on other platforms. you were dismissing the games solely because the consoles sales suck. Copium. You're living up to your user name. I love it.
Ah yes we are supposed to not dismiss games from a platform holder and publisher, check notes, that always over promises and under delivers, talks about next gen and doesn't deliver basic 60 fps, shows cgi trailers and trailers that have gameplay cuts that last no longer than 5 secs to scam people like they did with Starfield but then again xbox does attract the lower end of the IQ spectrum of humanity much like yourself so that's no surprise.

• fire
Reactions: ApolloHelios

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
Better than Sony by a longshot.

Will likely clear Nintendo too if they keep theirs to only Switch titles releasing this year (they’re basically done until Switch 2).

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Ah yes we are supposed to not dismiss games from a platform holder and publisher, check notes, that always over promises and under delivers, talks about next gen and doesn't deliver basic 60 fps, shows cgi trailers and trailers that have gameplay cuts that last no longer than 5 secs to scam people like they did with Starfield but then again xbox does attract the lower end of the IQ spectrum of humanity much like yourself so that's no surprise.
Another delusional moron....also, "Starfield was a scam!" what the hell are you even rambling about lol.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Way better than the embarrassingly bad Sony State of Play

VillaiN

Veteran
10 Feb 2023
I give it a D. It's the same bullshit they've been doing for over a decade now. The heavily-edited Avowed trailer tells me they don't want us to see what the real game looks like which is a tad alarming, seeing how close we are to the release date. The Perfect Dark "gameplay" trailer looked faker than a Ubisoft gameplay trailer and they gave Joanna a square chin just so they aren't doing a misogyny... Metal Gear Solid Delta looks like it's being made by toddlers with all those jerky starts and stops to animations and questionable character redesigns that look way worse than the ones from that pachislot tease... Gears trailer was a nothing trailer with a nothing date and a nothing year.. Fable had another nothing trailer showing that intentionally ugly female protagonist that marked Playground Games safe from doing a misogyny...

Outside of COD BLOPS 6, the four things that looked genuinely cool to me were the Compulsion Games thing with the catfish called South of Midnight, the new Doom, the Indiana Jones game, and Stalker 2 which looks like it will be an absolute banger. I'll go even further and give South of Midnight my best in show award.

Honestly though, I think Sony is doing the right thing here and sitting on what they have cooking until they can really show it off right. Just because the Xbox showcase Was A Fun Show, that doesn't mean a whole lot. They've been putting on "Fun Shows" and "winning E3" for years.
They have been winning E3s and roadmap wars for years.

Thats why they re going 3p and will probably leave hardware over next 5-10 years.

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
i would hope they have long term licence agreements in place for the music,

I would imagine it's a simple game of discovery and self-awakening, like the bit in the car and standing up. Maybe you get to choose the music you play.

My only problem with it might be its timeline; it will appeal to a certain demography in terms of when that music was being played and when you were a teenager.

I was born in 1974; we need to go a long way back to my teenage years and my type of music.

I recently played the game "It Takes Two" with a friend, and oh boy, what an absolute gem of a game it is. It's a masterpiece, if you have not played that, I would 500% recommend it.

I agree 100% with your shooter take, there is just to much of that about these days.
Agreed on It Takes Two. Was my GOTY for sure.

Reactions: Sircaw

TheLastOfSnatcher

6 Feb 2023
In all my years, it was undisputably the best Xbox showcase I ever seen. If it had a live crowd, it would have been legendary.

It took Xbox a long ass time to get here, but we are seeing the culmination of all the studios and publishers purchased years ago.

Now, time to start to porting all games to other consoles.. lol

• haha
Reactions: Diah and JAHGamer

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It doesn’t get bigger than Halo and Starfield and those didn’t move the needle.

So showcasing multiplatform games and software 2 years away ain’t really doin much.

It was a fun show. But like always… showcases are not actual game launches.

I’m interested for both Doom and Avowed when they hit PS5. Still a bit pessimistic on Avowed because it looks extra ugly but Outer Worlds is a great time so they won my support for their next one.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
It was solid. Plenty of hallmark ip’s. Felt fresh, and compelling. Stark contrast to Sony pedastooling that ridiculous Concord derivative GaaS garbage.

Some observations- flight sim looks cartoony now vs the photorealistic presentation prior.

Gears going back to original crew is a godsend, pulls the strings bro.

Plenty of 80/90’s music - even in elder scrolls 😂. They are speaking to the older audience, those that made Xbox great in the day.

Interesting….🧐

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
It doesn’t get bigger than Halo and Starfield and those didn’t move the needle.

So showcasing multiplatform games and software 2 years away ain’t really doin much.

It was a fun show. But like always… showcases are not actual game launches.

I’m interested for both Doom and Avowed when they hit PS5. Still a bit pessimistic on Avowed because it looks extra ugly but Outer Worlds is a great time so they won my support for their next one.
Halo and Bethesda have a tarnished reputation

Xbox's best chance of turning out a hit is something fresh from one of their devs with a good reputation