How has gaming affected your life? For good or for bad.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Thnks for sharing everyone. Its good to see its positive effects on ppls lives.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Just out of curiosity, what's your opinion on the RE4 remake?

Gaming's been pretty good for me. I played since I was 6 and it never got to one of those extremes where people ignore their lives for the sake of gaming.

And yet I play everyday. At least an hour. It's very rare for me not to turn a console on in a day. Still have more than enough time for everything else.

Also met some cool people. Met one of my best buddies through a Metal Gear forum, to the point we visit each other in different countries. And I mean a true friend. The kind you could leave your house keys with and not worry about a thing.

So gaming's been pretty great to me.
Hey bub, what's your problem?
I made a thread earlier this year about how I don't think any of the RE remakes match the originals and you were the first one to post in it?

How could you make me relive that shame....
Oh No Smh GIF by The Voice

But to repeat why I don't think RE4 Remake matches the original:
"Now RE4 Remake is great but man I do not like the new Ashley system of Close/Tight. Having her wait and follow in the original feel more natural to me
Also the reticule bloom in RE4 remake seems harsher than RE7/RE2/RE3/RE8. I have a much easier time nailing headshots in those games then I do with RE4 Remake.
I also feel the Del Lago boss feels more like a mini game now than an actual boss fight.
Same with the Mine cart section forcing you to only use Luis's red 9 instead of it being an actual set piece"

I also mention How I love the Dodge mechanic in RE3 Remake but I will add on that I think I prefer it to the parry mechanic in RE4 Remake!

By The way since that thread was made I was able to get the following RE Platinum's:
Resident Evil Zero (PS4) on February 24th, 2024
Resident Evil 3 Remake (PS5) February 24th, 2024 (Done using save transfer)
Resident Evil 2 Remake (PS4) February 26th, 2024
Resident Evil 4 Remake (PS5) February 26th, 2024 (Done using save transfer, but one trophy I had to get and did it in PSVR 2 mode)
Resident Evil 2 Remake (PS5) April 2nd, 2024 (Done using save transfer)
Resident Evil 7 Biohazard (PS5) August 4th, 2024 (A lot of trophies were save transferred but a lot I had to re-earn.)
Also I want to point out not only did I get the platinum in RE7 on PS5, but also got all the DLC trophies
I also unlocked all trophies in RE1 Remake except for the "Get Used To It" Trophy and of course the Platinum along with it.