How many concurrent players will God Of War Ragnarok have on Steam?

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
for reference: Horizon Forbidden West had only 40k and has owner estimations of less than 500k units
rK0BLnt.png

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Instead of these useless pc ports they could have set up studios in cheaper parts of the world to make games both new Ip's and remasters/remakes. I bet a 40 million jrpg made in osaka would bring in more GP than whatever the fuck the holy trifecta of concord+fairgames+marathon combined will bring.

This GaaS venture is going to be a 5 billion dollar albatross and money pit with moderate success at best to show for it. I bet we can get more unique innovative games from a studio in vietnam if given funding than the west coast retards.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
All their PC ports are selling less and less.

Horizon Forbidden West is shameful after all the talk of growing the franchise and reaching more customers for the sequel. I think Ragnarok will be about the same, I don't think it will hit Ghost Of Tsushima.

The novelty of playing PlayStation games on PC is over. It's just there to remind people to not get a PS5 because you'll be able to play it on PC one day if you want. The days of selling 25-30 millions of first-party are over.

I hope for as little as possible.
I hope Nixxes shutdown and Cory never shows his face in public again ☺️

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
25K to 35K max at best. The novelty of PS games going to PC has diminish. Ghost of sushi only performed due to it being the last good PS4 game left to be ported & that reach 75K not to mention not many good samurai singleplayer games on PC. GOW ragnarok will sell less then GOW 2018 PC port & less then Ghost of sushi overall PS PC port sells outside multiplayer been going downward. The only ones that would do good numbers is Bloodborne, Demon Souls & maybe GT7.

PC players playing Deadlock new update of Helldivers 2 etc but I’d like to be surprised.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Instead of these useless pc ports they could have set up studios in cheaper parts of the world to make games both new Ip's and remasters/remakes. I bet a 40 million jrpg made in osaka would bring in more GP than whatever the fuck the holy trifecta of concord+fairgames+marathon combined will bring.

This GaaS venture is going to be a 5 billion dollar albatross and money pit with moderate success at best to show for it. I bet we can get more unique innovative games from a studio in vietnam if given funding than the west coast retards.
If PS revive old beloved franchise PS brings it back to release it day 1 on PC & Nintendo Switch 💀 PS lack of its console platform & drive to cultivate a new audience on its own platform is embarrassing. Nintendo does a better job cultivating a new younger audience by making universal spin of from franchises like Zelda & Mario & there exclusive to Nintendo own platform + new ip like splatoon that’s been nurtured on its platform & now is growing massively to be a major ip for Nintendo.

I don’t mind live service but Sony/PS is not doing enough investment onto there own already studios & turning them into multi team studios & licensing ip to 3rd party to crank out more games from beloved PS franchise

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
How are the pc ports doing less when Tsushima is the most recent and most successful?
That was a fluke because of the Assassin's Creed Shadows controversy happening at the same time and also the Helldivers PSN-linking controversy was still fresh, everybody was talking about the surrounding drama with the countries, review-bombing and all that.

Horizon FW, TLOU, Sackboy, Ratchet, Uncharted, Miles Morales and Concord all underperformed.

Until Dawn and Lego Horizon will also flop bad. Hulst will lose his pants when he sees the PC sales.

Dungeons And Dragons Love GIF by Hyper RPG

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
@Etifilio great thread as usual, these are the questions that have to be ask. PS cfo or however tf it was said they’ll continue to release PS ten pole games on PC “trying to garner a new audience” when in reality that audience is minuscule & not worth the diminishment.

For the 1 PC player Sony sells a PS game to Sony looses 5 PS players no longer buying your games, 3rd party/mtx, other hardware + subscription & moving to PC/Steam (Steamdeck) loosing 100% of profits & growth for 70% with 30% going to your direct competitor platform/hardware ultimately benefiting PC/Steam gamers more then PS gamers or Sony/PS itself

I just pray Valve gets back to producing new games which from rumors seems to be happening between desdlock, csgo 2, half lyfe 3 rumor & what is a easy lay up for valve making a TF3 & L4D 3 all exclusive to Steam/Steamdeck, the Steam platform is looking strong & will cause issue for both MS/Windows & PS in the PC/Gaming realm

Reactions: Etifilio

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
That was a fluke because of the Assassin's Creed Shadows controversy happening at the same time and also the Helldivers PSN-linking controversy was still fresh, everybody was talking about the surrounding drama with the countries, review-bombing and all that.

Horizon FW, TLOU, Sackboy, Ratchet, Uncharted, Miles Morales and Concord all underperformed.

Until Dawn and Lego Horizon will also flop bad. Hulst will lose his pants when he sees the PC sales.

Dungeons And Dragons Love GIF by Hyper RPG

A fluke? Yea okay.

• Shake
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
31 Aug 2024
All their PC ports are selling less and less.

Horizon Forbidden West is shameful after all the talk of growing the franchise and reaching more customers for the sequel. I think Ragnarok will be about the same, I don't think it will hit Ghost Of Tsushima.

The novelty of playing PlayStation games on PC is over. It's just there to remind people to not get a PS5 because you'll be able to play it on PC one day if you want. The days of selling 25-30 millions of first-party are over.

I hope Nixxes shutdown and Cory never shows his face in public again ☺️
Wait until they do day and date the exclusives will do better in sales. Also what do you have against PC ports who cares if more people get to play a game you like

Last edited:
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023

Nixxes should be a studio to remake PS3 games like inFAMOUS 1 and 2, Resitance 1, 2 and 3 and etc, would actually bring more money than the PC ports

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Wait until they do day and date the exclusives will do better in sales. Also what do you have against PC ports who cares if more people get to play a game you like
Where are these people? HFW sold less and the rest like TLOU, Sackboy, Ratchet, Uncharted and Concord sold so low it's not even worth mentioning. PC sales are declining.

There are as many people on PS4/PS5 that didn't play it yet, it was pointless to port them. It's cannibalization.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

BillyZ

18 Jul 2024
Who cares? Any number is a win for PC.
High CCU? PC ports are obviously a good idea let's do more.
Low CCU? Well of course it should have been day and date.

31 Aug 2024
Where are these people? HFW sold less and the rest like TLOU, Sackboy, Ratchet, Uncharted and Concord sold so low it's not even worth mentioning. PC sales are declining.

There are as many people on PS4/PS5 that didn't play it yet, it was pointless to port them. It's cannibalization.
It's not cannibalization Sony wants to expand beyond PlayStation if fanboys like you are upset by that then vote with your wallet and boycott Sony otherwise stop complaining and just enjoy the video games that they give you

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Nixxes should be a studio to remake PS3 games like inFAMOUS 1 and 2, Resitance 1, 2 and 3 and etc, would actually bring more money than the PC ports
Agree.

Nixxes as a port studio that focus on bringing PS old franchise & reviving them which can be bundle w selling consoles/hardware, cross media or toys/merchandise. And once there’s no more first party partner w 3rd party like sega, capcom, konami, square & grab a license to make a spin off Sonic game exclusively for PS consoles under first party a exclusive resident evil or mega man or a exclusive castlevania. We’ve seen Sega and beater meeting where essentially they would license ip to 3rd party such as PS so they could gain exclusive games (the problem here is it would have to be under first party, persona 6 likely multiplat since it’s sega itself making it but if Sony bought a license to make a persona spin off using one of there first party Sega would have no problem) but nope instead Nixxes is diminishing the PS platform while bolstering there competitors platform/storefront/hardware.

Imagine a Nixxes inFAMOUS 1 & 2 remake exclusive to PS5/PS6 not only would that be more hype it would bolster PS first party dry spell increasing PS first party output = more profit & growth while also helping Sony sell PS console & all of the other benefits. Now imagine a inFAMOUS remake by Nixxes tied w a inFAMOUS tv show & that leads to a Sucker Punch inFAMOUS 3 featuring Cole & acting as a soft reboot that would 10+ million significantly more then these PC port + can tie new infamous games w a anime open world gacha live service that releases on PS & mobile further expanding PS into mobile & live service & partnering w Lego to make a inFAMOUS Lego set.

But nah waste time & resource on PC port that sell less then 500K which is less then 5% of what those games sell on PS 💀 PS wasting time & resource on things that bring less profit & growth then things that would bring 10x the benefits, actually funny