How many days it takes for you to earn 700$ ?

Select one time and one yes no answer at the bottom

• < 1 week

Votes: 24 57.1%
  • > 1 week

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • > 2 weeks

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • > 3 weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ~ 1 month

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • > 1 month

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Yes, I am buying it

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • No, I am not buying it

Votes: 8 19.0%

• Total voters

uyoung1989

3 Feb 2024
Yes, it's mostly an exercise in cope and shilling.

First it was the poor-shaming (you guys can't save up $700? OMG such poor then you shouldn't even think of gaming just go work harder lololol).

Now it's "see? It doesn't even cost you that much to save up for the console! Chop chop just go buy it!".
I don’t think it’s all that serious😹

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I found median to be way better for wages than averages. Averages are inflated by rich guys.
Median shows kinda the most of people typical earnings.
60k sounds like a pipe dream to polish people lol. I get way less than that and I got "plenty" of cash to spend for 700$ console. So it's really strange to see americans crying for 700$ console lol
It's because the vast majority of Americans are absolutely TERRIBLE at managing their money. They will go out and buy an $80,000 pickup truck for vanity and get a 8 year loan so the interest causes it to cost over $100,000, then wonder why they're broke all the time.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Yes, it's mostly an exercise in cope and shilling.

First it was the poor-shaming (you guys can't save up $700? OMG such poor then you shouldn't even think of gaming just go work harder lololol).

Now it's "see? It doesn't even cost you that much to save up for the console! Chop chop just go buy it!".
What's the argument for a $500 PS5 base? It's only $200 difference

Reactions: rofif

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
What's the argument for a $500 PS5 base? It's only $200 difference

There's a certain privilege to living in the USA.

For Europeans, the base PS5 Digital cost 400€ at release while the PS5 Pro costs 800€. That's twice the price.

If you're a PS5 disk customer (i.e. you have a disc library of games), the release price was 500€ with a drive and a stand. The PS5 Pro + drive + stand costs 950€. That's almost twice the price. In usd that's $1050 by the way.

As comparison, the PS4 Pro released at 400€ in 2016 with a bluray drive, exactly the same price as the PS4 in 2013.

To be honest I would be fine with paying $700 for the PS5 Pro, that's 635€. I would even be fine with paying $700 + 25% to compensate for VAT and warranty, and that would be 730€.

But Sony decided that Europeans are just pay pigs who need to pay more than Americans because they're worth less as an audience that needs to be kept satisfied, and that rubs the wrong way.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022

For Europeans, the base PS5 Digital cost 400€ at release while the PS5 Pro costs 800€. That's twice the price.

If you're a PS5 disk customer (i.e. you have a disc library of games), the release price was 500€ with a drive and a stand. The PS5 Pro + drive + stand costs 950€. That's almost twice the price. In usd that's $1050 by the way.

As comparison, the PS4 Pro released at 400€ in 2016 with a bluray drive, exactly the same price as the PS4 in 2013.

To be honest I would be fine with paying $700 for the PS5 Pro, that's 635€. I would even be fine with paying $700 + 25% to compensate for VAT and warranty, and that would be 730€.

But Sony decided that Europeans are just pay pigs who need to pay more than Americans because they're worth less as an audience that needs to be kept satisfied, and that rubs the wrong way.

It also doesn't help that Sony has been giving less and less reasons for an upgrade by already having superior versions of their games on PC (when they release something at all).

And then you have people wondering why PS5 is trailing PS4 sales in Europe.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
And then you have people wondering why PS5 is trailing PS4 sales in Europe.
Price is the only reason.

Again, if all these people were moving to PC, you'd see a major increase in PC hardware sales. They're, in fact, down.

2 issues. A HUGE cross gen period. EA is still porting games to PS4. They needed to move away from that MUCH sooner.
And the damn price. They should have taken a hit after all this time and sold the console at a loss. Get those people into the ecosystem and get your money back later. I think Sony's basing this on their data and seeing how many people are still engaged in the PS4 ecosystem, meaning no reason to get them to PS5 as they're still buying there.

Especially now with the pro. Lower the base PS5 price already. I'm thinking they're expecting a major sales increase with GTA and the next PES/FIFA title.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: DocRay and Muddasar
D

Deleted member 223

About 6 hrs 45 mins on average this year - projection wise. Not the issue.

Won't buy it, won't need it. Already sold my PS5. The library trap is a fools game. The trajectory of this brand is already laid out - some are just agonizing with a bad break up. The sooner the decouple, the better it will be for you mental health. Agony is just a self-imposed slave mentality to a corp with some C grade execs - you only lower yourself as a sheep relative to some mediocre fools on a suit. Took 12 years for Xbox to sink, but eventually it did. Team blue is just a bigger ship.... hence it takes more time, but it's a ship, and all ships eventually sink. If hardware competence fails.... speed up by a factor of 2. Mark Cerny, fortunately for Sony, won't retire.

Chinese-Russian efforts to create captive markets for themselves and collaborate on this effort will also add to the speed, question is the severity of the coefficient in the equation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ToTTenTranz

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Price is the only reason.

It's ONE of the reasons.

Prople paid scalper prices higher than the Pro price at the beginning of the gen, when Sony didn't disclose their cross-gen and PC plans yet. The PS5 was enough of a desirable product to pay a premium for it because of the expectations Sony set with the PS4. You had - as usual for PlayStation - shills and "media" surrounding the launch with negativity (especially regarding the power of the console), yet it didn't slow people down to try to get their hands on a console.

Would a lower price (especially in Europe) help? Sure.
But people would complain less about it, if Sony didn't make a series of missteps since the launch of the console.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Diah and toadsage44
OP
OP
rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022

that's the problem. I don't understand why Europeans have to pay so much more.
Americans always pay the least and cry the most

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

that does suck, for some reason sony is shafting EU this time around. most tech companies tbh, i've seen the prices of gpus in EU

Reactions: ToTTenTranz

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
that's the problem. I don't understand why Europeans have to pay so much more.
Americans always pay the least and cry the most
Because supply chains from Asia to Europe are more expensive than from Asia to the US
The US also sets the marketing standard so
they essentially get a discount for that purpose
Then there is the fact that Europe is not homogenous despite having a single currency. They essentially have to set a price against what the most expensive areas to ship and sell in will be

Reactions: Diah