How would you move The Legend of Zelda series forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
With Breath of the Wild 2 slated to hit next year, it seems like a good time to discuss the series, expectations for the upcoming game, but also if you were in charge what would you do with the series?

Like the other recent Zelda games, BotW was divisive in that some people absolutely loved it, and some thought it was the worst Zelda game to date. I went into the game knowing literally zero about it, and fell into the camp of loving it, but I also do not want BotW 2 to essentially be ... well ... BotW 2 so to speak. Another game that does the same thing is just not going to hit the same at all, and it's just not what I want personally.

So given the history of the Zelda series, if you were in charge what would you do to keep moving it forward while still keeping it recognizable as an entry in the "Legend of Zelda" series?

Of course I hope BotW 2 comes out and presents something entirely unexpected and creative. But what are your ideas?

Reactions: laynelane
P

peter42O

I know it won't ever happen but I would like to see Link become fully voiced as my acceptance and tolerance for silent protagonists are minimal at best and that's being very generous.

• thinking_hard
  • haha
Reactions: Falcs and Dr Bass

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I was one of the ones really disappointed by BotW.

Fighting was basically useless, even more so due to the breakable weapons. As a consequence, the only thing which for me was enjoyable, were the small temples with some puzzles in them.... Only to be disappointed by another useless weapon as reward.

I really tried to like, even hacked my Switch in order to make the game a bit more fun by removing weapon degradation. But in the end, I was glad once I was done with it and sold it.

Therefore, I'm not looking forward to BotW2 and hope for a proper LoZ game next.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I don't know.

BotW doesn't fit in any timeline at all so I'm confused by it story... it is after the events of probably all timelines? That doesn't make sense but there are races that only exists in specific timelines or races that were eradicated in some timeline showing like nothing happened.

So I have no ideia where BotW 2 will go.

OP
OP
Dr Bass

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I was one of the ones really disappointed by BotW.

Fighting was basically useless, even more so due to the breakable weapons. As a consequence, the only thing which for me was enjoyable, were the small temples with some puzzles in them.... Only to be disappointed by another useless weapon as reward.

I really tried to like, even hacked my Switch in order to make the game a bit more fun by removing weapon degradation. But in the end, I was glad once I was done with it and sold it.

Therefore, I'm not looking forward to BotW2 and hope for a proper LoZ game next.
But what would you change to keep the series moving forward? Do you just want it to follow the typical Link to the Past/Ocarina/Twilight Princess formula? Or do you think it should do new things?

BadBurger

3 Jul 2022
I really didn't get on with BotW. Really wanted to love it as well.

Can't quite put my finger on what was missing either.

Looking forward to the sequel though and hoping to love it. Getting rid of the degrading weapons would be a good start.

Falcs

23 Jun 2022
I want BOTW physics but with the combat and dungeons of Twilight Princess.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
But what would you change to keep the series moving forward? Do you just want it to follow the typical Link to the Past/Ocarina/Twilight Princess formula? Or do you think it should do new things?

Previous TLoZ games managed to innovate while sticking to a similar formula.

D

Deleted member 13

I want them to go with photoreal graphics or at least hyperreal graphics. I'm tired of the lame cartoon stuff. I'd also love to have a more serious tone to the next one. I'd even go so far as to scrap the open-world and make it a pure linear world with Witcher 3 - like quests (long and drawn out).

• brain
Reactions: Kokoloko
31 Aug 2022
Loved the game here. Easily in my top 5 of the decade and we'll deserving of the accolades it received. I'd love to see more of the Beast style dungeons. Also like to see a little more of a base storyline infused. Other than that, just give me more to explore and have fun with.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
A From software Zelda game would interest me

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
There was a few things really dissapointing with BOTW but it was still a amazing top game. ( fuck that weapon break system though )

1. Id let the main team do what they do. Maybe another BOTW sequel. Or make a new main line Zelda After BOTW. Maybe go real old school and make it look like the older Zelda artwork in a high fastasy world?
Possibly go back to one of the older Zelda games, Wind Waker/ LTTP and make a new Zelda game in that world.

2. Get the Links Awakening to make another remake. LTTP or another

3. Carry on with the Mousou and Zelda cross over games

4. And then Id get Nintendo to hire me so I can remake the Ocarina of Time, Majoras Mask and Finish the Hero of Time Saga with a final game 😁 🤪

Status
Not open for further replies.