I just finished God of War (2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Man, those 'folks' have no idea what they are missing out on.

Thank you!
Yeah, you said it basically.

Now multiply this experience by the many many games (dozens?) that have released on the PS platform since PS3->Now days. You have a LOT to catch up on and many games are all as good (if not better IMO) than GoW 2018.

It's why I constantly keep badgering Xbox to do better.

• fire
Reactions: Lord Mittens

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Good Morning gents!

Well that was incredible!
As some of you know, I just got my PS5 last week. I chose God Of War to be my first experience on the new console, even though it is a PS4 game (could have fooled me).

Getting use to the controller after being a Xbox Vet for 19 years was my first struggle, however I started to adapt quite quickly after starting the basics of combat.
My god, the world, the dialogue and the story itself is just amazing, the journey from beginning to end had me totally engaged! I loved the depth of the combat, every battle is just so satisfying!
I love Norse mythology (AC Valhalla didnt do it for me). So this was a very welcome experience. Bravo Sony and to the team at Santa Monica this is an absolute gem.

THIS, is the kind of content and stories Xbox are missing from there portfolios right now.

I still have end game to grind out - mainly Valkyries and armor - any tips are welcome.

GIVE ME RAGNAROK!
Welcome to the land of good games.

In case you haven't played, here are some other games of a similar calibre that you can try next:
  • Ghost of Tsushima DC
  • Returnal
  • Uncharted 4
  • Uncharted Lost Legacy
  • Spider-Man
  • Spider-Man Miles Morales
  • TLOU
  • TLOU 2
If you can wait till September, then play the TLOU Remake Part 1 and then TLOU 2.

• brain
Reactions: Lord Mittens

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Death Stranding was my GOTY 2019. Got the platinum, which I rarely go after.

I love it, but I also realize that it is a tough game to recommend. Not everybody would like it.
I would keep Death Stranding for last. It's more a "Kojima" game than a "Sony" game. I recommend Ghost of Tsushima or Spider-Man Remastered for open-world gameplay instead. Horizon or Days Gone too.

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
I loved death stranding 😍🥰😍🥰😍🥰😍 these types of games are made for spiritual and intellectual people. Kojima is a legend 🙌
064.jpg

D

Deleted member 223

Valkyrie fights are a must, specially the queen.

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022
Get Ghost of Tsushima Director's Cut next. It's one of the best games I've played in 25+ years gaming. I've played pretty much every console since the dreamcast gen but this game will make a snoy out of me

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022
Playing that as we speak :) great game
Are you going for the Platinum trophy? I have one Mythic Tale left to do and I'm done with the base game. I did everything except get the collectables ie artifacts, bugs and banners

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
It is the very best game on PS4.
Destiny and Death Stranding are my GOTG.
I still get goose bumps reflecting back on Death Stranding. It is a masterpiece.

But it needs to be said, it’s different enough to be an acquired taste. Needs the dedication to get past the hump.

Reactions: ethomaz

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Welcome to the land of good games.

In case you haven't played, here are some other games of a similar calibre that you can try next:
  • Ghost of Tsushima DC
  • Returnal
  • Uncharted 4
  • Uncharted Lost Legacy
  • Spider-Man
  • Spider-Man Miles Morales
  • TLOU
  • TLOU 2
If you can wait till September, then play the TLOU Remake Part 1 and then TLOU 2.
No love for God Of War 3?

Reactions: arvfab

Banjo64

1 Aug 2022
God of War was my first PS5 game too OP.

I’m not sure if you’re looking for recommendations, however if you’ve been Xbox only and are looking to play highly polished, high quality games I would definitely pick up; The Nathan Drake Collection and Legacy of Thieves, The Last of Us Remastered, Shadow of the Colossus, Demon’s Souls, Spider-Man and Rift Apart.

There’s so much more but that’d be my starting point.

Status
Not open for further replies.