I legitimately feel bad for Xbox only owners

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
PS owners get to play FFXVI
Switch owners get to play Zelda TotK
Xbox owners are stuck with a gimped version of a bad game: redfall.
What a bad time to invest in a Xbox.
Will MS ever recover?
Will MS ever make justice for all that PR fluff they put out?
I’m doubtful.
Also, I don’t believe Starfield will be any better at all.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I know many of them have PS5's too (or claim to) but I don't understand why others either have not changed over or have such negative sentiment towards Sony / PlayStation...

It's like they feel PlayStation hurt them by releasing games and taking care of its fanbase and they look for ways to blame Xbox's lacking on PS and PS fans.

It's bizarre...

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
They did that to themselves.
Overexpectations.
Never fighting agains the Uncle Phil "this year will be the best Xbox year ever" since 201x.
Laughing about issues or made up issues on PS when their consoles has the same issues or even worst.
Etc.

I sympatize with real Xbox fans and not these turd on twitter... these needs to suffer.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Will MS ever recover?
I’m doubtful.
I do feel sorry for a lot of regular users out there, they have been fed a bunch of lies and propaganda over the last few years.

People like Colteastwood and Dealer, for example, are the worst two examples of spin doctors out there with those terrible half-truths and distortion viewpoints of reality.

I have said this before, but when I first joined the console platform, i found many many videos of people like Eastwood, dealer, mbg, crap gamer all spouting lies, about how Xbox was amazing. Only after watching hundreds of videos and researching games did i realize they were talking absolute shit,

If I did not have the time or put in the effort i could of so easily fallen foul to their spin and bought an xbox, this unfortunately is what is happening to the vast majority of people that have bought that system.

It's also people like @adamsapple and the other Xboxbots on Gaf for example, they are extremely dangerous, the shilling is out of control and no one seems to be able to stop it.

The only thing we can do as gamers is call them out, advise people and hopefully guide them to the best platform for gaming.

As for recovering, i am not sure the head ups at Xbox care, this might be what they want, a lower quality product at a cheap price, they just want content and quality control is not on their minds.

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
They’re all just stuck playing what gamepass serves them. That’s fine n all. I love ps extra but I see that as a budget service. Gamepass is your primary method of gaming on Xbox and your gaming tastes are dictated by clueless Microsoft who sucks at making games. Good at buying IPs and subsequently burying them and the studios that made them tho.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
D

Deleted member 417

A fool and their money are easily parted.

If in 2014 fans heard Phil say "wait until next year" and in 2023 they're still waiting, then they're a fool.

This generation, Microsoft have ignored help and warning from publishers, developers and customers. Anyone who gives them their money are fools.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Will MS ever recover?
I’m doubtful.
In theory this year they'll have Starfield, which has many people hyped to the point some people expect it to be the next Skyrim (I bet it won't be the case, but well they may be happy with it).

Many Xbox fans are happy with what they get in GP, and with the MS releases or exclusives they have even if in recent years haven't been a lot. They are also happy with their PR since they believe every lie that comes from MS.

If they are happy with what they get, good for them. If not, they can always move to other platform.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Feeling bad for what?
Microsoft’s goal was always to destroy Sony, they never cared about fair competition. Know what? Screw Microsoft and all its (toxic) fanboys! This brand better disappear with Microsoft. All their history is about monopoly driven ideology. Sadly that asshat George W. Busch saved their ass in the millennium.

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
I dont feel bad for them because an informed consumer should have known Microsoft track record and "wait and see" if they follow through on their promises before buying into the ecosystem. There are great games on other systems that they refuse to allow themselves to play while waiting on Microsoft get their shit together.

If you're an Xbox only gamer due to:
Blind fanboyism
Fell for MS buzzword or marketing
Claim to play where your friends play
Spread Misinformation online about competitors to try to elevate your favorite brand
following and being influenced by some of the most toxic Xbox people online
Made the gaming discussion as a whole toxic online or refuse to ask for better because you dont want deal with the backlash with your community

I dont feel bad that you made the choice to be on the wrong horse the last 2 gens. Just admit that you chose wrong and push your favorite brand to do better if you still insist on staying in that ecosystem

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I only feel bad for more casual people that got fooled and would be much happier with a PS5 and PS+.

I know people who bought a Series S just to end up concluding they don't like games (very unlikely, Xbox probably just gave them a really bad impression). I saw the same thing with the Xbox One as well.

Hardcore Xbox fans deserve all of this and more, they are just terrible.

In theory this year they'll have Starfield, which has many people hyped to the point some people expect it to be the next Skyrim (I bet it won't be the case, but well they may be happy with it).

Many Xbox fans are happy with what they get in GP, and with the MS releases or exclusives they have even if in recent years haven't been a lot. They are also happy with their PR since they believe every lie that comes from MS.

If they are happy with what they get, good for them. If not, they can always move to other platform.
Many people were hyped about Halo Infinite despite it having some awful showings. The last time we saw Starfield it looked terrible.

Believing in MS failed promises that thing will get better is just a fanboy way to cope. There is no way an Xbox fan is actually happy with what has been delivered up to this point.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Quality poster right there lol, he must have been in tears after seeing The State of play the other night.
He is shooting to all sides 😂😂😂

Imagine comparing Series X with Switch (Series X is probably over 10x stronger hardware in all specs)… Redfall (online multiplayer shooter) with Zelda (offline single player open world) 🤷‍♂️

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

Imagine comparing Series X with Switch (Series X is probably over 10x stronger hardware in all specs)… Redfall (online multiplayer shooter) with Zelda (offline single player open world) 🤷‍♂️

And Zelda isn't a shooter and is ok with 30fps. Redfall is the type of game that requires 60 fps

Reactions: Deleted member 417

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023

Even Zelda would benefit a lot from 60 fps (see BotW being emulated) and first person game in first person is absurd at this point, specially one that looks so dated.