If Gamepass does not go big by 2027, Microsoft may pull out of gaming!

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Yeah, not happening, they would try buying Everyone before doing that.
No, they wouldn’t.

They’re already out a hundred billion or so BEFORE buying Activision. The board and Nadella aren’t going to spend more money if they can’t get things to a point where profit is on the horizon.

A 20-plus year legacy of burning money has to end at some point, and even for an asshat like Satya Nadella, preserving your job when the shareholders are screaming for blood is priority one.

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Microsoft has already miss some of their past projection for subscription numbers so wouldn't surprised me one bit if Satya is already losing patience. Microsoft bailed on MixR so no shock hearing this if true. They would just make the full transition to mobile. Mobile will be their next big avenue to try.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
I think this is more wishful thinking than anything. 20 years in already and doubled down just recently, massively as well.

Phil's words there are vague for effect and open to interpretation. You could read it as a potential business "axe" or as a recalibration of strategy.

Even then, 5-6 more years is plenty of time for this company to do even more damage to premium gaming.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Microsoft has already miss some of their past projection for subscription numbers so wouldn't surprised me one bit if Satya is already losing patience. Microsoft bailed on MixR so no shock hearing this if true. They would just make the full transition to mobile. Mobile will be their next big avenue to try.
Satya should have been lost patience and not allowed Xbox to double down. We've heard talks for many years about investors being unhappy but nothing ever changes.

TerraNova

26 Apr 2023
Sorry for the digression, but I had recently been thinking - before these massive leaks - where Xbox MVP Era mod Judge has been. He'd been on a comically over-aggressive ban spree against anti-Xbox wrongthink but suddenly stopped, to the point I actually wondered if other mods took notice and told him to tone it down.

I hope he's holding up amidst these deeply trying times. Has to be frustrating that he can't ban his lord and savior corporation's way out of the disastrous revelations.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Satya should have been lost patience and not allowed Xbox to double down. We've heard talks for many years about investors being unhappy but nothing ever changes.
Nadella is under more pressure as CEO than Ballmer was because he was as close to an outsider as you can get in an executive position at MS, where Ballmer was a co-founder and shareholders weren’t, stupidly, inclined to boot a founder when he was clearly fucking up, which was all he did as CEO from day one until the end.

KiryuRealty

28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Sorry for the digression, but I had recently been thinking - before these massive leaks - where Xbox MVP Era mod Judge has been. He'd been on a comically over-aggressive ban spree against anti-Xbox wrongthink but suddenly stopped, to the point I actually wondered if other mods took notice and told him to tone it down.

I hope he's holding up amidst these deeply trying times. Has to be frustrating that he can't ban his lord and savior corporation's way out of the disastrous revelations.
He’s in emergency Discord meetings to receive the new talking points, no doubt.

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
2 metrics:

once a AAA game arrives day one on GP

1. How many NEW game pass subscribers brings?

2. how much is the engagement in that game.
We already know that around 10-20% of people who BUYS games finish them in the first place.

now imagine how low is the stat for people using GP.

GP need a constant drop of AAA games to grow. but games takes 4+ years in dev. (for MS is more because they suck at making games).

ABK acquisition:
OW2 is free to play
COD is moving towards a free to play model.
Diablo = 10 years between releases.

conclusion:
Xbox they are royally fucked.

• party
Reactions: toadsage44

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
2 metrics:

once a AAA game arrives day one on GP

1. How many NEW game pass subscribers brings?

2. how much is the engagement in that game.
We already know that around 10-20% of people who BUYS games finish them in the first place.

now imagine how low is the stat for people using GP.

GP need a constant drop of AAA games to grow. but games takes 4+ years in dev. (for MS is more because they suck at making games).

ABK acquisition:
OW2 is free to play
COD is moving towards a free to play model.
Diablo = 10 years between releases.

conclusion:
Xbox they are royally fucked.
i am so confused, one day you are an xbox fan boy the next you hate them.
Which one is it Bennidict?
the real slim shady eminem GIF

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Shouldve kept him around so hel get rid of everyone who disagrees so that place will turned into xbox echo chamber

Isnt that microsoft has invest, put people there as moderator and been payin good amount of money there for that to happen🤫 wil be a shame if it all wasted for nothing

Last edited: