If you won the Lotto jackpot, a few hundred million, what would you do with it.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Say you won 200 million smackeroos, besides giving money to family and friends, what would you do with it.

For me, my mum always loved Alppacos, donkeys, and ponies, before she passed, she wanted to open an animal sanctuary if she ever won the lotto, I think I would do the same. Buy a massive piece of land and have all types of critters on it.

I would also like to open an animal surgery in my local area, where people could take their pets for treatment. I would set up a fund to cover those costs, dogs, cats, birds you name it, for people on low incomes.(everyone deserves a pet, not just the rich)

So with that in mind, what would you guys do.

Bad Hair GIF by MOODMAN

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Put most of it in savings and low risk investments. Put a portion of it in higher risk investments. Donate a portion to charity.

But most importantly, buy a DeLorean and get someone to make it look like the one from bttf 2.

• haha
Reactions: Sircaw
OP
OP
Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Put most of it in savings and low risk investments. Put a portion of it in higher risk investments. Donate a portion to charity.

But most importantly, buy a DeLorean and get someone to make it look like the one from bttf 2.
I think the Delorean is a very unique idea hah

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Deleted member 38
D

Deleted member 140

I don't know, the thought scares me a bit. It would put a lot of pressure on me, I'm not sure if I could deal with it! I don't think money will make me happy or solve any issues.

That's why I think that I'd give most of it away for good causes, like to help victims of abuse or struggling minority groups. I'd keep a small amount of money for myself, just to have some security and a steady basic "income". Then I would try out different things and see where I'll fit into this crazy world.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Well...

I'd pay my home and build a new one, in a remote place.

Set up a fund for my younger brothers so they can have a good life, get an education and do whatever they want

Pay for my older sisters education and buy them a house

Get me grandparents on a cruise around the world and buy them a nice little house

Never work again except on my music.

OP
OP
Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I don't know, the thought scares me a bit. It would put a lot of pressure on me, I'm not sure if I could deal with it! I don't think money will make me happy or solve any issues.

That's why I think that I'd give most of it away for good causes, like to help victims of abuse or struggling minority groups. I'd keep a small amount of money for myself, just to have some security and a steady basic "income". Then I would try out different things and see where I'll fit into this crazy world.
We could open up a pet shop together, and no I don't mean fish and chips ffs.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Deleted member 140
D

Deleted member 140

We could open up a pet shop together, and no I don't mean fish and chips ffs.

With that kind of money , I'd maybe rather do something that is not intended to make a profit. Something that offers a service that is needed and would do good, but providing it would not be financially feasible. Would have to put some thought into it!

Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
With that kind of money , I'd maybe rather do something that is not intended to make a profit. Something that offers a service that is needed and would do good, but providing it would not be financially feasible. Would have to put some thought into it!
Pets spread happiness, it's not like you would be running an oil company.

D

Deleted member 140

Pets spread happiness, it's not like you would be running an oil company.

Then maybe a shelter for homeless and unwanted pets, with good medical treatment and enough space for the animals. Seeing how many shelters only have very tiny spaces for their animals is heartbreaking. 😿

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 38

is unimpressed
21 Jun 2022
Wheres my friendly furball Mr happy, @Aeorath i am waiting.
I'd definitely get behind the idea of a pet clinic/pet shop, where I'd try to save as many pets as possible from being tested upon in labs. At least the ones that I could get out of it alive, not many will make it, unfortunately.

I remember @Sircaw telling me about Félicette, a French stray cat who was launched into space and even though it survived everything, it was purposely killed after for "scientific research".

O55GMEe.png

I'd do it for her, and for all the nice pets out there, they deserve it.

And then, besides taking care of my family, I'd probably travel around the world as much as possible.

IntentionalPun

Veteran
Founder
22 Jun 2022
Urf
onlyfans.com
I don't have any family left, so no money to give away,

Retire.

Condo in L.A for the night life.

Modest home in Maui that is in a great location for chilling.

Party... relax... fuck... do drugs...

Die.

• party
Reactions: Sircaw

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Get out of software engineering. Do music for my "productive work."

Set up pet/animal shelters and help people with their pet care needs. I have a soft spot for cats, but I couldn't discriminate against others.

@Aeorath The story about Félicette is heart breaking. I don't see how people do those kinds of things to animals, and in this case cats. They are such sweet creatures. I mean, aside from how they play with their food in the wild but ...