If you won the Lotto jackpot, a few hundred million, what would you do with it.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Get out of software engineering. Do music for my "productive work."

Set up pet/animal shelters and help people with their pet care needs. I have a soft spot for cats, but I couldn't discriminate against others.

@Aeorath The story about Félicette is heart breaking. I don't see how people do those kinds of things to animals, and in this case cats. They are such sweet creatures. I mean, aside from how they play with their food in the wild but ...

We could start a band.

Reactions: Sircaw

Yossarian

15 Jul 2022
Buy an apartment on the Gold Coast, QLD, probably in Broadbeach, and live there. Invest most of the rest, probably in property

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
Definitely agree with your ideas about animals. I'm in a situation now where one of my cats needs to go to the vet. Due to a disability, I'm fairly low-income but a local animal charity is helping me out and my parents too. If I had that kind of money, I'd do my part to help others who need aid for animal care and vet needs. As well, I'd purchase land and a home somewhere off the grid and create an animal sanctuary. Lots of rescue animals looking for homes and I'd love to provide it for them - fish too, of course. I've always wanted a massive aquarium, room size. It would be so peaceful to be around. I'd also donate to various charities and give money to family and friends. Finally, I'd buy all the games and systems I've ever wanted.

OP
OP
Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Definitely agree with your ideas about animals. I'm in a situation now where one of my cats needs to go to the vet. Due to a disability, I'm fairly low-income but a local animal charity is helping me out and my parents too. If I had that kind of money, I'd do my part to help others who need aid for animal care and vet needs. As well, I'd purchase land and a home somewhere off the grid and create an animal sanctuary. Lots of rescue animals looking for homes and I'd love to provide it for them - fish too, of course. I've always wanted a massive aquarium, room size. It would be so peaceful to be around. I'd also donate to various charities and give money to family and friends. Finally, I'd buy all the games and systems I've ever wanted.
its only a matter of time before we change that avatar of yours to a fish/ 😍

• angry
Reactions: laynelane

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
its only a matter of time before we change that avatar of yours to a fish/ 😍

I had a roomate who had an aquarium before. I wound up taking care of them a lot so set about learning about the species and what they required to be healthy and happy. I really enjoyed the work and also just the fish themselves. It's very calming having an aquarium around and fish have their own distinct personalities and habits which was fascinating to see. The only reason I don't have an aquarium now is because I don't have the space. When I get fish one day, I want them to have a huge place to live. Plus, cats love to watch fish swim. It's a win-win all around lol.

• they're_right_you_know
22 Jul 2022
Build a nice house with a lot of land and use a decent amount of that to build a large pond to put fish in. Things like catfish, bass, bluegill, and maybe some pike. Having some ducks there would be nice, too.
I would also make sure to have several rooms in the house dedicated purely to small critters. Amphibians and reptiles have my heart. I'm a pretty simple gal, so just being able to have adequate space and care for all my favorite animals would be my dream.

OP
OP
Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Build a nice house with a lot of land and use a decent amount of that to build a large pond to put fish in. Things like catfish, bass, bluegill, and maybe some pike. Having some ducks there would be nice, too.
I would also make sure to have several rooms in the house dedicated purely to small critters. Amphibians and reptiles have my heart. I'm a pretty simple gal, so just being able to have adequate space and care for all my favorite animals would be my dream.
MARRY ME NOW 😍

just married love GIF

A couple of silly youtube channels I follow. People that have their own land, a couple that built a huge damn on their property, last one some guy that helps rescued dogs, has a massive pack of them on his land.

Last edited:

yewles1

21 Jun 2022
Indianapolis, IN, USA
PSN ID
yewyew1
Get myself generators and a cheap home, bribe utility companies to give me no more bills for the rest of my life, get with friends smarter than me to start a software business and see what happens from there.

OP
OP
Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Get myself generators and a cheap home, bribe utility companies to give me no more bills for the rest of my life, get with friends smarter than me to start a software business and see what happens from there.
You just won 200 million and you want to buy generators and a shack to live in, FFS,

I am normally against violence but you need a good slap or 10.

Star Trek Slapping GIF

yewles1

21 Jun 2022
Indianapolis, IN, USA
PSN ID
yewyew1
You just won 200 million and you want to buy generators and a shack to live in, FFS,

I am normally against violence but you need a good slap or 10.

Star Trek Slapping GIF
YOU KNOW HOW MUCH BILLS CAN RACK UP TO MONTHLY AROUND HERE IN THE LONG RUN??? YOU COULD WASTE THOSE WINNINGS IN NO TIME IF YOU'RE NOT CAREFUL!!!

Julia Child Fish GIF

• haha

Big Boss

26 Jul 2022
After helping friends and family, I would open a couple of businesses in my small town to help keep kids away from drugs. Probably a comic/boardgame shop and a videogame cafe, keep the gaming as low cost as possible to make it accessible for low income children. I would also try and kickstart my own comic line to compete with DC & Marvel since they have zero respect for canon or good writing nowadays.

Reactions: laynelane
OP
OP
Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
After helping friends and family, I would open a couple of businesses in my small town to help keep kids away from drugs. Probably a comic/boardgame shop and a videogame cafe, keep the gaming as low cost as possible to make it accessible for low income children. I would also try and kickstart my own comic line to compete with DC & Marvel since they have zero respect for canon or good writing nowadays.
Strangely enough, i saw a video a few days ago about a black dude in America that was creating his own comic, he was tired of Dc and Mavel. Cant remember the guy's name but i did check out some of the art and it looked really good.

You probably know the guy that i am talking about.