IGN First: Redfall Summoning and Slaying The Rook in Co-Op

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022

This looks comically bad. 😕

They’ve been trying their hardest to not sell this as a L4D type game but this is exactly how this looks. The shooting and hit detection looks so bad. The characters are barely reacting to anything and the animations feel janky and limited.

If someone told me only a handful of indie devs were working on this game I’d believe them.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

This looks comically bad. 😕

They’ve been trying their hardest to not sell this as a L4D type game but this is exactly how this looks. The shooting and hit detection looks so bad. The characters are barely reacting to anything and the animations feel janky and limited.

If someone told me only a handful of indie devs were working on this game I’d believe them.
it feels like there is no feedback, no damage, no threat of really dying, just kinda bland. like your running around with God mode on lol

Last edited:
24 Jun 2022
Just so sterile and drab. Nothing about it looks like a step up over say Back 4 Blood. There's nothing going on with the environment in terms of items collapsing, bullet holes in wall structures causing splinter impacts, craters in the ground, dust kickup, moving foliage (or any foliage in this clip's case), dynamic clouds (the whole sky looks like a skybox JPEG), time of day transition....nothing.

There's no excuse for the lack of all that stuff, they could have added some of it in there while staying true to their art style. It really just looks like an XBO game (a AA one at modest budget) with boosted framerate and resolution in enhanced BC Mode.

The game seems DOA.

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Just so sterile and drab. Nothing about it looks like a step up over say Back 4 Blood. There's nothing going on with the environment in terms of items collapsing, bullet holes in wall structures causing splinter impacts, craters in the ground, dust kickup, moving foliage (or any foliage in this clip's case), dynamic clouds (the whole sky looks like a skybox JPEG), time of day transition....nothing.

There's no excuse for the lack of all that stuff, they could have added some of it in there while staying true to their art style. It really just looks like an XBO game (a AA one at modest budget) with boosted framerate and resolution in enhanced BC Mode.

The game seems DOA.

Something that could have made the game far more interesting is if they added full destructibility like that game “the finals” if there are vampires in a house you just strap a bunch of dynamite to it and blow it to smithereens. Make it more of an immersive and interactive world. Give dole multiple ways to approach a situation.

This just looks very static and plain.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
This is the type of game I wouldn't touch even if it got a 90+ Metacritic score. It's just so uninspiring and makes me apriciate how awesome L4D actually was.

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
Holy shit this looks great, can't wait for this to arrive. A true next gen experience with friends!

Kristen Stewart Twilight GIF

D

Deleted member 417

Is that trailer sped up? It looks quicker than it should be. Watch the weapons swaps etc

Kyoji

22 Jun 2022
Theres 0 buzz for this game from xbots, even pentiment (or whatever) had more fake hype than this lol.

Instead you got frauds like andre pichini on twitter accusing sony of 'sabotaging' multiplat games, but when i question what happened with halo infinite (a first party title) he get butthurt :ROFLMAO:

Kyoji

22 Jun 2022
we all know bethesda is carrying the xbox brand rn anyway, so ill go easy on them, no hate towards bethesda at all, just not my cup of tea with most of there games. I do find it hilarious that the 12flop monsta series x will more than likely struggle to even keep a locked 30fps on starfield.
Do we even have any performance info about whats being targeted for redfall? and what kind of rdna 2 features it will employ lol

Reactions: Deleted member 417

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
we all know bethesda is carrying the xbox brand rn anyway, so ill go easy on them, no hate towards bethesda at all, just not my cup of tea with most of there games. I do find it hilarious that the 12flop monsta series x will more than likely struggle to even keep a locked 30fps on starfield.
Do we even have any performance info about whats being targeted for redfall? and what kind of rdna 2 features it will employ lol
They promise Unreal 5 and deliver Full RDNA 2 Unreal 3.

• haha
Reactions: Deleted member 417