IGN First: Redfall Summoning and Slaying The Rook in Co-Op

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I also don’t see steam users paying 70 dollars for this game so it’s basically a gamepass exclusive

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I also don’t see steam users paying 70 dollars for this game so it’s basically a gamepass exclusive

Gamepass PC is still a thing tho. Will it be gamepass on the pc side? It’s not like they’re still not try to steal steam users.

I’m still assuming this is a one and done co-op campaign shooter akin to borderlands. Problem with most of these games you don’t really know what they intend to be.

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Gamepass PC is still a thing tho. Will it be gamepass on the pc side? It’s not like they’re still not try to steal steam users.

I’m still assuming this is a one and done co-op campaign shooter akin to borderlands. Problem with most of these games you don’t really know what they intend to be.

They say its not a GAAS but its getting plenty of post launch support so who knows, just regular seasonal DLC? I’m sure they’ll try and stretch it even though i don’t see it gaining a lot of long term traction.

If Zelda doesn’t completely kill the momentum, Diablo IV will

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
hope to play it one day but yer, not sure if i am giving it much of a chance after what i have seen there.
That game is terrible. I think the only good thing is the voice acting. Everything else is terrible. Arcane is no good with gunplay. But I guess they are forced to make those loot shooters now

• fire
Reactions: Sircaw

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022

What's up with these bots and trying to compare everything doesn't look good with zelda? First halo now this 😆
Also the elden rings is gorgeous with its fantastic art direction. Sure doesn't have the Sony first party asset quality but its gorgeous. Now zelda is just ass

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
That game is terrible. I think the only good thing is the voice acting. Everything else is terrible. Arcane is no good with gunplay. But I guess they are forced to make those loot shooters now
xbots will act for few weeks that it is hot game, and later, when no one sees, they just stop posting about it. always happens the same shit.

24 Jun 2022
What's up with these bots and trying to compare everything doesn't look good with zelda? First halo now this 😆
Also the elden rings is gorgeous with its fantastic art direction. Sure doesn't have the Sony first party asset quality but its gorgeous. Now zelda is just ass

It's their way of thinking if they try associating one of "their" games with proven greatness (and ironically doing their hardest to avoid comparing them to Sony games because subconsciously they don't even want to entertain the conversation of a Sony game being better than a Microsoft one), it will 1:) reinforce a narrative to convince themselves that "their" game is actually that good even if the reality doesn't agree, and 2:) repeat the comparison loud and frequent enough to convince other people, particularly fans of the games they compare "theirs" to, of the narrative that "their" game is just as good as those other game.

The fact they explicitly choose Zelda BOTW and Elden Ring, two big games that are known for supposedly "overshadowing" a big Sony 1P AAA exclusive (despite that same game going on to sell very well in both instances), isn't by coincidence. It's done on purpose.

Reactions: arvfab and SLB1904
OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
It's their way of thinking if they try associating one of "their" games with proven greatness (and ironically doing their hardest to avoid comparing them to Sony games because subconsciously they don't even want to entertain the conversation of a Sony game being better than a Microsoft one), it will 1:) reinforce a narrative to convince themselves that "their" game is actually that good even if the reality doesn't agree, and 2:) repeat the comparison loud and frequent enough to convince other people, particularly fans of the games they compare "theirs" to, of the narrative that "their" game is just as good as those other game.

The fact they explicitly choose Zelda BOTW and Elden Ring, two big games that are known for supposedly "overshadowing" a big Sony 1P AAA exclusive (despite that same game going on to sell very well in both instances), isn't by coincidence. It's done on purpose.

Well, now zelda is going to completely overshadow one of their games, and I don’t see them legging it out like Horizon did either lol

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Redfall reminds me of what rocksteady are doing with suicide squad and wb tried to do with gotham knights, chasing that coop live service market.

Obviously jury is still out on redfall and suicide squad as they haven't released yet, but everything I'm seeing makes me think they could have been better at being singleplayer focused games.

Gotham knights certainly would have been better if they didn't waste time on coop and focused on other areas.

VillaiN

Veteran
10 Feb 2023
Redfall reminds me of what rocksteady are doing with suicide squad and wb tried to do with gotham knights, chasing that coop live service market.

Obviously jury is still out on redfall and suicide squad as they haven't released yet, but everything I'm seeing makes me think they could have been better at being singleplayer focused games.

Gotham knights certainly would have been better if they didn't waste time on coop and focused on other areas.
Majority of those console live service games ll flop. There s only so much time for people to play. I jumped in Destiny 2 months ago and theres no chance i d play another live game. Besides other single player stuff and mp.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Majority of those console live service games ll flop. There s only so much time for people to play. I jumped in Destiny 2 months ago and theres no chance i d play another live game. Besides other single player stuff and mp.
Yep. The only game I play like this is Monster Hunter and that game doesn't make me feel pressured to play it all the time and it's enough tbh.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Monster Hunter World would still be hugely popular if they kept releasing content for it. Loved that game and it was the only co-op game other than Destiny that took off on console IMO. I expect the mmo aspects of that game to continue to grow for sure. Maybe the next game will be the one to take a bigger swing at it. I’m there day one for sure.

I don’t really see Redfall having any real post release content. It’s a one and done co-op campaign until we hear otherwise. This should put expectations in check.

Suicide Squad is a different story tho to me… it’s like totally off brand. The gameplay looks like Fortnite meets crackdown. At least Arkane is still making what their bread n butter is… shooters. Yea what you may think of their results is one thing but it’s still what they do.

I don’t see a “bad” game here. I also don’t see anything I’d be interested enough to actually buy. To be honest - I just hate the champion/hero gimmick in online games. Much prefer player created avatars for multiplayer games not fighters.

Last edited: