IGN: There’s a Lot Riding on GTA 6 — and Not Just for Rockstar and Take-Two - Could be the most important game release Ever

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Yet again. I don't care about right or left, non of this shit. I grew up with GTA1 and forward games, i don't care.
You are right about how these games were created, but i don't talk that at all.
I CLEARLY single out what i am responding to, so other points are just mute.
🫶👊✌️
And I'm clearly saying nothing is changing and the fear mongering about wokeness or Rockstar somehow being afraid of cancellation from the left in GTAVI is wrong. Seems you largely agree so why come at me to start

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I don't think I would buy a PS5 Pro if GTAVI wasn't releasing as a console exclusive.

Right now I think there are very few announced AAA games to look forward to, I don't think it has ever been like this.

Summer Nightmares

12 Jan 2023
I don't think I would buy a PS5 Pro if GTAVI wasn't releasing as a console exclusive.

Right now I think there are very few announced AAA games to look forward to, I don't think it has ever been like this.

I don't know what is your platform of choice so I'm not saying this because of you, but I'm amazed at how many pc gamers say this but then they "don't see" any problem with Sony porting all the Playstation games to PC.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I don't know what is your platform of choice so I'm not saying this because of you, but I'm amazed at how many pc gamers say this but then they "don't see" any problem with Sony porting all the Playstation games to PC.
I play on PS5/PC and I'm mostly against Sony focusing on PC ports for anything besides GaaS and VR.

I don't like PC for AAA games, on PC I have any interest to ever go above 1080p.

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
I have the opposite take. Studios will keep making games which are a bloated mess because they’ll have a new benchmark to reach.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: xollowsob

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
I'm just going to say this without going into further detail - this is absolutely incorrect, and I know it for a fact.

Edit: to clarify - I don't know if the game was being developed for last gen consoles, but I highly doubt it considering the project timeline. What I do know is that the leak was not a testing ground.
You know it for a fact but don't know it for a fact?

The game was rumoured to be running on PS4 and if you think a whore company like R* wouldn't be salivating at the chops to release this game to an in-built audience of 100+ million gamers, then you're naive.
Haven't seen a single left wing person complain about GTA6. All I see is right wing snowflakes already trying to cancel the game at the mere imaginary thought there is a left wing idea in the game

Nevermind the meltdowns over black people in the trailer. Wonder who did that?
Not cancel, not boycott, not cry about politics just a general feeling of boredom and apathy. It's been 86 years since the last GTA. Is that kind of game still going to be appealing to a new generation of gamers?
I was referring to Lifetime sales? GTA 6 will sell for years unless something goes seriously wrong. It won't have the luxury of 3 different generation of sales, so many will quick to say it underperformed but it's also the only game I can see, finally mass migrating the remaining 50+ million dedicated PS4 players.
I think people will buy the game in droves, it will break day one, week 1 and month 1 records, but outside of that, I can see it tanking once buyers remorse sets in.

GTA 6 has to do something so fresh and radical to keep the attention of new players, offering something GTA 5 doesn't, while still sticking to its roots. How well did that work for RDR2?

How many people praised RDR2, only to then turn around and admit it was a boring slog-fest?

As for GTA being toned down, it won't really be. They will definitely be doing a meta commentary on modern society, is anyone safe? I don't think so, they can teether the line and get away with it.
Time will tell. The world has changed a lot, and not for the better, since GTA 5 launched (2013), let alone when it started development (2008).

Outrage and Mass Boycotts will never work for a game like this, so good luck to anyone who tries.
I agree. We saw what happened with Hogwarts. Though I don't think this will be outrage, just boredom setting in.

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
GTA 6 is launching console only on launch day. For me that's proof enough that they don't trust the legs on GTA 6 and need an excuse for double-dippers to boost the numbers again when they drop off after a month.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
GTA 6 is launching console only on launch day. For me that's proof enough that they don't trust the legs on GTA 6 and need an excuse for double-dippers to boost the numbers again when they drop off after a month.
Ppl literally quadruple dipped on Gta5 lol they don't need an excuse.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: xollowsob

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Lol GTA 5 regularly is on top of the physical charts in various countries for over a decade, and that is because of consoles.

Unless rockstar fumble GTA 6, don't see any worry from them for sales.

Reactions: Umar
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Lol GTA 5 regularly is on top of the physical charts in various countries for over a decade, and that is because of consoles.

Unless rockstar fumble GTA 6, don't see any worry from them for sales.
Seriously it was 8 years later and was still top selling charts.

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
It sold 25 million
Thanks for agreeing with what I was saying. GTA6 may sell well, I just don't believe it will have the same success as the predecessor.

Cyberjunk was panned universally, refunded en masse and was even removed from the PSN store. MAU was in the toilet a month after launch and took over a year to recover.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
We shall see but I doubt this has any trouble selling multiple millions as it has been doing.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Thanks for agreeing with what I was saying. GTA6 may sell well, I just don't believe it will have the same success as the predecessor.

Cyberjunk was panned universally, refunded en masse and was even removed from the PSN store. MAU was in the toilet a month after launch and took over a year to recover.
Screenshot_20240316_145958_Chrome.jpg

Cyberpunk is selling at a faster rate than Witcher 3. It had launch issues for sure, mostly technical on consoles

That won't be an issue for GTA6 which will be extremely polished just like RDR2

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
How does a game built on edgy humour, laughing at stereotypes and macho, masculine crime gangs, launch a safe, tame, no-no word avoiding sequel that doesn't paint any minority in a bad light?

By pivoting to safe humour. People don't buy GTA for the jokes. GTA5 didn't have the classic GTA sense of humour and nobody complained about it's treatment of minorities really. 6 is going to be like 5 but with more emphasis on minorities, and will sell copies and DLC for the next 10 years

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
By pivoting to safe humour. People don't buy GTA for the jokes. GTA5 didn't have the classic GTA sense of humour and nobody complained about it's treatment of minorities really. 6 is going to be like 5 but with more emphasis on minorities, and will sell copies and DLC for the next 10 years
Yeah most ppl don't gaf about tht shit in GTA or in general. Thts a vocal minority of idiots tht complain no matter what. The devs aren't worried about tht and I'm glad thy won't be.

Reactions: Umar