I'm Sorry But we Really Need a Playstation Showcase Now more than Ever!

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
What has a bleak release schedule have to do with profitability?

Bleak to you though right? Imagine you preferred multiplayer games, you probably didn't love sony's input on the PS4. So you lack objectivity.

This is one good example, spending almost a decade into a project it has to very profitable, since youre locking a team for the period of an entire generation. But we know this wont happens everytime, like The Last Guardian low sales despite taking the same 8 years. Maybe having more projects per team that take less time, like 4 years, can be also a safe bet for profit and also good to customers, im not a shareholder so speaking for myself i barely see any benefit knowing that my favorite teams will release only one game per generation.

Games in general take longer to develop without being in development hell. The Last Guardian was delayed multiple times and really never had a path to recovering the investment. What is your favorite team and will they release just one game this generation?

It's interesting that Santa Monica really only released one game and one cross gen game last generation, but no one seems to hate on them.

CDPR really only released one game last gen as Cyberpunk was not playable on the base units. So they really only had the Witcher.

What are these teams releasing multiple games per generation that have you so impressed? Or could it be that you just have unrealistic expectations?

Fate Grand Order is Sony's most profitable game of all time with 7 billion in Revenue as of 2023
Helldivers 2 will never come close to this

Different company. That has nothing to do with Sony Interactive Entertainment.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Bleak to you though right? Imagine you preferred multiplayer games, you probably didn't love sony's input on the PS4. So you lack objectivity.

Just ignoring the fact that there are thousands of multiplayer titles on PlayStation from 3rd party, there were multiplayer modes in Uncharted, TLOU Remaster, GoT, Killzone, GT, LBP3, Bloodborne etc.

Why didn't these MP modes got popular? Ah right, because Sony's main userbase doesn't really care.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
You specifically said "Sony", Sony Music and Aniplex are both part of Sony.

Don't try to move goal posts

Yeah, because when talking about PlayStation releases, I need to specify Sony Interactive Entertainment and that isn't implied...

Just ignoring the fact that there are thousands of multiplayer titles on PlayStation from 3rd party, there were multiplayer modes in Uncharted, TLOU Remaster, GoT, Killzone, GT, LBP3, Bloodborne etc.

Why didn't these MP modes got popular? Ah right, because Sony's main userbase doesn't really care.

So are we talking about 1st party or 3rd party here?

I think there is a lot of reason why multiplayer hasn't been as popular for sony. I think it goes back to the PS2 vs Xbox and Xbox Live being the more fleshed out online service. I think that Microsoft embraced more computer centric games coming to Xbox and that brought over a lot of people from PC and these people tended to like multiplayer more than your typical PS2 fan.

With PS3 and Xbox 360, I think Sony made an effort to improve online play, but were really far behind Xbox Live and because the PS3 underperformed especially in the US, we see a lot of multiplayer fans still stick with Xbox even to this day on Xbox Series.

I don't think it is necessarily true that MP games aren't popular on PlayStation though. Go to the ps store, and how many spots do you have to count before you find a single player game? Of the top 24 games, only a handful even have single player modes, and even fewer where the single player mode is the prominent element of the game.

You might THINK you're the main userbase, but the reality is, you aren't.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
So are we talking about 1st party or 3rd party here?

1st party of course. I said "ignoring all the 3rd party MP games" for a reason.

I think there is a lot of reason why multiplayer hasn't been as popular for sony. I think it goes back to the PS2 vs Xbox and Xbox Live being the more fleshed out online service. I think that Microsoft embraced more computer centric games coming to Xbox and that brought over a lot of people from PC and these people tended to like multiplayer more than your typical PS2 fan.

With PS3 and Xbox 360, I think Sony made an effort to improve online play, but were really far behind Xbox Live and because the PS3 underperformed especially in the US, we see a lot of multiplayer fans still stick with Xbox even to this day on Xbox Series.

Lots of MP games from Sony 1st parties, from Socom to Warhawk, from Resistance to MAG, Motorstorm, Driveclub etc. All failed or didn't have a lasting appeal. Yet we have many single-player games sequels. You love to talk about business. After all these examples, what's the most logical thing to think where PlayStation's 1st party output should lay focus on?

I don't think it is necessarily true that MP games aren't popular on PlayStation though. Go to the ps store, and how many spots do you have to count before you find a single player game? Of the top 24 games, only a handful even have single player modes, and even fewer where the single player mode is the prominent element of the game.

You might THINK you're the main userbase, but the reality is, you aren't.

Got you, Sony should start creating free to play, MTX filled, gacha games, as that's what's "trending".

Reactions: Box

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
1st party of course. I said "ignoring all the 3rd party MP games" for a reason.

sure buddy

Lots of MP games from Sony 1st parties, from Socom to Warhawk, from Resistance to MAG, Motorstorm, Driveclub etc. All failed or didn't have a lasting appeal. Yet we have many single-player games sequels. You love to talk about business. After all these examples, what's the most logical thing to think where PlayStation's 1st party output should lay focus on?

That's a pretty non-sensical response. SOCOM was extremely successful and Sony has shuttered just as many single player franchises as it has multiplayer franchises. The vast majority of Sony's single player franchises come from the PS3 or PS4 era and is a natural progression of a company that was looking to find its footing in software development.

Ratchet and Clank which has received 1 game and 1 remake in the last two generations and God of War which was entirely rebooted into a new style of game are the only holdovers from the PS2 era and there are no hold outs from PS1.

Gran Turismo which is both single player and multiplayer has been retained as well.

Got you, Sony should start creating free to play, MTX filled, gacha games, as that's what's "trending".

Multiplayer games have significantly higher profitability, it's just a reality. You can try to create a strawman but you're not the only target audience on the platform.

For what it's worth, I have no interest in MP games, but at least I can acknowledge that is where the market is, which isn't to say that sony is giving up on SP games, they're simply diversifying their portfolio and are doing so successfully.

• haha
Reactions: arvfab

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
sure buddy

Not my fault you are unable to comprehend simple sentences.

That's a pretty non-sensical response. SOCOM was extremely successful and Sony has shuttered just as many single player franchises as it has multiplayer franchises. The vast majority of Sony's single player franchises come from the PS3 or PS4 era and is a natural progression of a company that was looking to find its footing in software development.

They found a successful way, they are throwing that way in the bin to re-try where they failed. Very smart business decision!

Ratchet and Clank which has received 1 game and 1 remake in the last two generations and God of War which was entirely rebooted into a new style of game are the only holdovers from the PS2 era and there are no hold outs from PS1.

There were more R&C, I will let you google them yourself because I neither care nor has it any importance for the argument. I was talking about sp vs mp, and how majority of mp failed, leading Sony to concentrate on sp games.

Gran Turismo which is both single player and multiplayer has been retained as well.

Which is great!

Multiplayer games have significantly higher profitability, it's just a reality. You can try to create a strawman but you're not the only target audience on the platform.

For what it's worth, I have no interest in MP games, but at least I can acknowledge that is where the market is, which isn't to say that sony is giving up on SP games, they're simply diversifying their portfolio and are doing so successfully.
I never said they should not diversify, but they put ALL or almost their eggs in the GaaS basket AND combined with the PC ports and therefore their reduce quantity and quality 1st party single player games, it's clear Sony is ready to drop their "old" (if you prefer to call it that way) userbase hoping to catch the brainless whales.

If you're fine with it, it's ok, maybe you are part of their main new target. I neither have to like this direction, nor do I have to keep my disappointment to myself.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Umar and Box
OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

Fortnite has only made 5.5 billion dollars compared to Fate Grand Order which has made 7 billion.

Multiplayer GAAS isn't where the money is at.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Not my fault you are unable to comprehend simple sentences.

Reread what you wrote joker.

They found a successful way, they are throwing that way in the bin to re-try where they failed. Very smart business decision!

You don't know what success means.

There were more R&C, I will let you google them yourself because I neither care nor has it any importance for the argument. I was talking about sp vs mp, and how majority of mp failed, leading Sony to concentrate on sp games.

Talk about reading comprehension... please tell me the other RC games that released in the last 2 generations.

I'd hardly say they all failed. They just weren't the massive hits that the SP games were, but the key here and the one that you seem to be having trouble with is that the landscape has changed. More people play CoD on PS4 and PS5 than X1 and XBS. Same is true with Fortnite and EA FC.
I never said they should not diversify, but they put ALL or almost their eggs in the GaaS basket AND combined with the PC ports and therefore their reduce quantity and quality 1st party single player games, it's clear Sony is ready to drop their "old" (if you prefer to call it that way) userbase hoping to catch the brainless whales.

They aren't putting all or almost all of their eggs in the GaaS basket. One company is porting games to PC.

At their height they were developing 12 games that were live service. How many single player games were in development?

You've got a big issue, somehow this agenda has burrowed deep in your brain. Good luck with it.

If you're fine with it, it's ok, maybe you are part of their main new target. I neither have to like this direction, nor do I have to keep my disappointment to myself.

English is definitely not your first language. Re-read what I wrote.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
We needed it 2 years ago...
This. Even 3 years

Ive been thinking every year here come the goods, but its always been sprinkles of it. Not like the E3 days of the PS4 and PS3

The way things are going, it will be another disappointing show, probably one game from PS studios that Sony owns like GOT2 and the rest will be repeats, 3rd party games and PC ports

Last edited:
Reactions: Box

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Reread what you wrote joker.

Summarized: ignore 3rd party + list of first party.

Maybe you should have a read again next time. Or repeat 1st school class, where reading is taught.

You don't know what success means.

So PS4 gen has been unsuccessful? You should consider to stop hitting your head, damage seems to be too much already

Talk about reading comprehension... please tell me the other RC games that released in the last 2 generations.

As you seemingly have both a very bad issue understanding what's written (google it yourself + it doesn't even matter) AND a very shitty memory, I made you the favor:

- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (2007) – PlayStation 3
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty (2008) – PlayStation 3
- Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time (2009) – PlayStation 3
- Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (2011) – PlayStation 3
- Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault (2012) – PlayStation 3
- Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus (2013) – PlayStation 3

I'd hardly say they all failed. They just weren't the massive hits that the SP games were, but the key here and the one that you seem to be having trouble with is that the landscape has changed. More people play CoD on PS4 and PS5 than X1 and XBS. Same is true with Fortnite and EA FC.

COD & Fifa has been around for all of the PS3 and PS4 gen and PS became the default console for both during the previous gen (and before in case of Fifa). And you know what? They are still around and PS ist still the default console for both + Fortnite.

What have these game to do with the first party output of Sony Studios?

But I tell you something , maybe, but just maybe, even if chances are very low, you might be able to understand: You know what happens, if the friends of the friends of the current COD and Fifa players decide to drop PlayStation in favor of another console or PC, because they actually care for Sony single player games, too? Their friends follow them.
They aren't putting all or almost all of their eggs in the GaaS basket.
Please tell me what single player releases are planned from Sony's first party studios next? How many launched last year?

One company is porting games to PC.
And the others are readying the engines to facilitate the porting + have to keep PC development in mind during design.

At their height they were developing 12 games that were live service. How many single player games were in development?
Please tell me, I don't know.
You've got a big issue, somehow this agenda has burrowed deep in your brain. Good luck with it.

You don't know how I wished to be wrong.

English is definitely not your first language. Re-read what I wrote.

Neither it is your's I guess, as you seem to have many difficulties in understanding what's written.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gediminas and Box

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Summarized: ignore 3rd party + list of first party.

Maybe you should have a read again next time. Or repeat 1st school class, where reading is taught.

Yeah, spruce up on your english buddy. Saying "Just ignoring the fact" suggests that you should not be ignoring these titles. Even bringing up in the first place is a non-sequitur.

So PS4 gen has been unsuccessful? You should consider to stop hitting your head, damage seems to be too much already

What gives you success at a specific time doesn't necessarily give you success in the future. Is 1st party development what made PS1 and PS2 successful? It certainly wasn't. Single-player games are expensive to make, they don't have legs, and to ensure their profitability is really difficult since there aren't a lot of ways to monetize.

As you seemingly have both a very bad issue understanding what's written (google it yourself + it doesn't even matter) AND a very shitty memory, I made you the favor:

- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (2007) – PlayStation 3
- Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty (2008) – PlayStation 3
- Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time (2009) – PlayStation 3
- Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (2011) – PlayStation 3
- Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault (2012) – PlayStation 3
- Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus (2013) – PlayStation 3

Apparently you can't count... last two generations i.e. PS5 and PS4.... not PS3...

So English lessons and math lessons... check...

COD & Fifa has been around for all of the PS3 and PS4 gen and PS became the default console for both during the previous gen (and before in case of Fifa). And you know what? They are still around and PS ist still the default console for both + Fortnite.

What have these game to do with the first party output of Sony Studios?

CoD and EA FC have shown Sony that the games with legs and operating income for generation is GaaS/Live Service games. EA produces the same game annually and gets people to buy it on top of spending a ton of money on MTX.

We all appreciated Sony not putting many MTX in their single player games as it is hard to justify that, but they were missing out on hundreds of millions of dollars if not billions of dollars in revenue from not being involved in these type of games.

Despite the PS4, SIE is not the size company you would think it was after its success with ps4 and SIE is not much bigger than ABK or even T2 by itself. This makes it extremely difficult for the company to compete with big tech in the future.

But I tell you something , maybe, but just maybe, even if chances are very low, you might be able to understand: You know what happens, if the friends of the friends of the current COD and Fifa players decide to drop PlayStation in favor of another console or PC, because they actually care for Sony single player games, too? Their friends follow them.

Please tell me what single player releases are planned from Sony's first party studios next? How many launched last year?

Sony isn't giving up on single player games. Notice because you're a silly fanboy you had to caveat first party studios. Actual gamers? They don't care if its made by an internal studio or external studio. In just the past few months Sony has delivered FF7 Rebirth, Stellar Blade, and Rise of the Ronin.

And the others are readying the engines to facilitate the porting + have to keep PC development in mind during design.

Please tell me, I don't know.

You don't know how I wished to be wrong.

Congrats, you're wrong. You're overreacting to something that you don't understand because you're a child.

Neither it is your's I guess, as you seem to have many difficulties in understanding what's written.

lol, sure buddy.

Savagefrogdemon

13 Feb 2023
A lot of big PlayStation first party titles released early this gen I don't think they will have much to show this year beyond trailers for games 2025 and beyond.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Yeah, spruce up on your english buddy. Saying "Just ignoring the fact" suggests that you should not be ignoring these titles. Even bringing up in the first place is a non-sequitur.

I say ignore, you ask again, I say ignore, you keep talking about it.... Yeah definitely pretty severe reading comprehension issues.

What gives you success at a specific time doesn't necessarily give you success in the future. Is 1st party development what made PS1 and PS2 successful? It certainly wasn't. Single-player games are expensive to make, they don't have legs, and to ensure their profitability is really difficult since there aren't a lot of ways to monetize.

PS1 and PS2 had a lot of 3rd party exclusives which made use of the consoles (even though they were difficult to code for), but Sony realized 3rd party can jump ship at any time, so they had to invest in SP and were successful. So successful that now they have userbase which is ready to buy their console, buy their games, buy other publisher's games on their console and subscribe to their online service. Now they are risking that people buy (or pirate) their games on a different platform, giving them a reason to not invest in their ecosystem.

Smart, very smart.

Apparently you can't count... last two generations i.e. PS5 and PS4.... not PS3...

So English lessons and math lessons... check...

So PS5 gen is over?

CoD and EA FC have shown Sony that the games with legs and operating income for generation is GaaS/Live Service games. EA produces the same game annually and gets people to buy it on top of spending a ton of money on MTX.

Sony has MLB as a yearly sport release. It is even multiplatform.

They have Destiny now and whatever GaaS game Bungie releases next.

They released Destruction All-Stars near console launch.

Sounds like Sony has enough already to try to get that sweet whale money.

We all appreciated Sony not putting many MTX in their single player games as it is hard to justify that, but they were missing out on hundreds of millions of dollars if not billions of dollars in revenue from not being involved in these type of games.

Again, your selective view only sees the sale of the single game and ignores how people within the ecosystem (with sp games from their 1st party studius being a big reason to be part of it) generate continuous revenue/profit.

Despite the PS4, SIE is not the size company you would think it was after its success with ps4 and SIE is not much bigger than ABK or even T2 by itself. This makes it extremely difficult for the company to compete with big tech in the future.

Neither is Nintendo, yet they seem to be in a pleasant position, while the big 3 trillion tech company is having some struggles (lol) with their console.

Sony isn't giving up on single player games. Notice because you're a silly fanboy you had to caveat first party studios. Actual gamers? They don't care if its made by an internal studio or external studio. In just the past few months Sony has delivered FF7 Rebirth, Stellar Blade, and Rise of the Ronin.

The discourse was from the beginning around 1st party studios (remember? ignoring 3rd party...), one of the major reasons for people to be part of PlayStation's eco-system.

Congrats, you're wrong. You're overreacting to something that you don't understand because you're a child.

Oh you think I'm offended by you calling me a child? How sweet ☺️ I wished I could be a child again.

It's also sweet you think I'm overreacting and don't understand the matter, yet I knew exactly what would happen with MS.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
I say ignore, you ask again, I say ignore, you keep talking about it.... Yeah definitely pretty severe reading comprehension issues.

You really don't understand stand the phrase "Just ignoring the fact".

PS1 and PS2 had a lot of 3rd party exclusives which made use of the consoles (even though they were difficult to code for), but Sony realized 3rd party can jump ship at any time, so they had to invest in SP and were successful. So successful that now they have userbase which is ready to buy their console, buy their games, buy other publisher's games on their console and subscribe to their online service. Now they are risking that people buy (or pirate) their games on a different platform, giving them a reason to not invest in their ecosystem.

Smart, very smart.

So wait, now you're conceding that Sony should in fact learn from the environment around them and that what worked in the past isn't necessarily the formula for the present and future?

Thank you

So PS5 gen is over?

Learn to count. This generation, last generation. That's the last 2 generations.

Sony has MLB as a yearly sport release. It is even multiplatform.

They have Destiny now and whatever GaaS game Bungie releases next.

They released Destruction All-Stars near console launch.

Sounds like Sony has enough already to try to get that sweet whale money.

You look for margins everywhere.

Again, your selective view only sees the sale of the single game and ignores how people within the ecosystem (with sp games from their 1st party studius being a big reason to be part of it) generate continuous revenue/profit.

The vast majority of revenue in the industry comes from multiplayer games. Single player is an ever increasing smaller chunk of the pie and it's more difficult to put together hundreds of millions of dollars on games that have no longevity that take entire generations to develop.

Neither is Nintendo, yet they seem to be in a pleasant position, while the big 3 trillion tech company is having some struggles (lol) with their console.

Nintendo has always been in a unique situation compared to Sony. Their first party software has been the defacto standard for 40 years. They have entrenched IP that sells well generation to generation without a lot of financial investment.

The discourse was from the beginning around 1st party studios (remember? ignoring 3rd party...), one of the major reasons for people to be part of PlayStation's eco-system.

It's a major reason, but it isn't the only reason, nor is it probably the biggest reason. Even looking at Xbox 360 it never really had a lot of big 1st party games. That entire generation didn't have big exclusives until Sony turned up with Uncharted 2, God of War 3, LBP, Heavy Rain, and TLOU.

Oh you think I'm offended by you calling me a child? How sweet ☺️ I wished I could be a child again.

It's also sweet you think I'm overreacting and don't understand the matter, yet I knew exactly what would happen with MS.

Everyone knew what was going to happen with Microsoft. Their sales were in decline far before they went Day 1 PC and before GamePass...

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
You really don't understand stand the phrase "Just ignoring the fact".

I'm sorry you having such struggles understanding two simple words like just and ignore.
Now it's clear why you have so many issues with understanding and logic.

So wait, now you're conceding that Sony should in fact learn from the environment around them and that what worked in the past isn't necessarily the formula for the present and future?
Of course they need to adapt, that's always been their strength. Also risking has always been part of PlayStation's strategy, like with portables and VR. But until now they have been smart enough to not go straight in the wrong direction, otherwise they would have dropped consoles and went full on mobile a long time ago, right?

The problem now is, they are trying to make some quick bucks not seeing the related dangers (which Microsoft already showed) AND are leaving their core audience behind.
Thank you
You're welcome, I always try my best to lecture those still ignorant.
Learn to count. This generation, last generation. That's the last 2 generations.

Where I'm from, last means past. As far as I'm aware, PS5 gen is still ongoing.

You look for margins everywhere.

Then Sony is dumb to still be a console manufacturer and should go third party, right?

The vast majority of revenue in the industry comes from multiplayer games. Single player is an ever increasing smaller chunk of the pie and it's more difficult to put together hundreds of millions of dollars on games that have no longevity that take entire generations to develop.
If you want to put it like that, then F2P mobile like games are the future. Why even spend a dime on any other kind of game?
Hell, videogames business isn't as lucrative as pharmacy or warfare, maybe Sony should drop PlayStation and invest there.

Nintendo has always been in a unique situation compared to Sony. Their first party software has been the defacto standard for 40 years. They have entrenched IP that sells well generation to generation without a lot of financial investment.

You want to tell me Nintendo is stupid because they don't follow trends?

It's a major reason, but it isn't the only reason, nor is it probably the biggest reason. Even looking at Xbox 360 it never really had a lot of big 1st party games. That entire generation didn't have big exclusives until Sony turned up with Uncharted 2, God of War 3, LBP, Heavy Rain, and TLOU.

What are you talking about? First half of X360 era they had a lot of exclusive first party games. They dropped the ball when they focused on Kinect only, leaving their core audience behind hoping fpr the quick bucks from the casual Wii market.

Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

Everyone knew what was going to happen with Microsoft. Their sales were in decline far before they went Day 1 PC and before GamePass...

Everyone? Why didn't they stop their current business course then? You mean business people can make bad business decisions? Interesting....

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Box and JAHGamer

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
I'm sorry you having such struggles understanding two simple words like just and ignore.
Now it's clear why you have so many issues with understanding and logic.

It's literally a phrase you seem entirely unfamiliar with. It's hilarious that you continue to argue this when you're dead wrong. The way you wrote it was a complete nonsequitur, but of course you don't know what that means...

Of course they need to adapt, that's always been their strength. Also risking has always been part of PlayStation's strategy, like with portables and VR. But until now they have been smart enough to not go straight in the wrong direction, otherwise they would have dropped consoles and went full on mobile a long time ago, right?

The problem now is, they are trying to make some quick bucks not seeing the related dangers (which Microsoft already showed) AND are leaving their core audience behind.

You continue to assume that they're dropping console just because they're porting games to PC. It's a silly assumption based on zero facts or deduction other than you think Microsoft did the same thing and thus Sony will have the same results as Microsoft.

Really simple people see similar things and they assume that they're the same, even when they're not.

Man A decides to run away from the bear
Man B decides to run away from the bear

Are both men right?

You're welcome, I always try my best to lecture those still ignorant.

The irony.

Where I'm from, last means past. As far as I'm aware, PS5 gen is still ongoing.

Yeah, work on your English buddy. If I say I've worked for my company for the last two years, would I be excluding the year we're in? No one would think that if they understood English.

Then Sony is dumb to still be a console manufacturer and should go third party, right?

You really struggle with concepts and as you struggle with them you try to take things to the most extreme position. It's the definition of strawman argument, which is what simple people use when they aren't able to debate something on the merits.

I say Sony is looking for margins everywhere and you say I'm suggesting that they should give up being a console manufacturer, as if they don't have margins when it comes to royalties on their system. The balance in the argument is that they should seek margins that don't significantly impact their margins in the console business.

Your argument is that their support of PC is in fact impacting their margins, yet you have no proof that is the case, only your hyperbole and assumptions...

If you want to put it like that, then F2P mobile like games are the future. Why even spend a dime on any other kind of game?
Hell, videogames business isn't as lucrative as pharmacy or warfare, maybe Sony should drop PlayStation and invest there.

Again, more evidence of you trying to take things to the extreme because you're unable or unwilling to debate things on the merits.

How did you determine F2P Mobile was the future? What analysis told you that? Let's even assume for a second that your hyperbole was correct. Would it make sense to put all of your money into one market? Is that market not competitive at all? Does it make sense to put all your eggs in any one basket given the competition involved or does it make more sense to diversify and try to obtain market share where you can?

You want to tell me Nintendo is stupid because they don't follow trends?

Have you heard of Pokemon Go?

What are you talking about? First half of X360 era they had a lot of exclusive first party games. They dropped the ball when they focused on Kinect only, leaving their core audience behind hoping fpr the quick bucks from the casual Wii market.

Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

Can you tell me the top 5 selling xbox first party exclusives and how much they sold?

What year did they focus entirely on kinect and what did that focus look like?

What is Sony focuses entirely on and what does that focus look like?

How much was the Kinect compared to the Wii?

Everyone? Why didn't they stop their current business course then? You mean business people can make bad business decisions? Interesting....

Another example of you not understanding English. Everyone doesn't literally mean everyone, but a substantial number of people said that the model was broken and gave sound analysis as to why it was. Not hyperbole or conjecture.

Microsoft hoped that they could disrupt the market enough with their warchest and that the quality of the games wouldn't matter at the end of the day. They did not know the games that Sony were going to make on the PS4.

Sometimes you make decisions in life and business, but you only have an understanding of some of the variables.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
It's literally a phrase you seem entirely unfamiliar with. It's hilarious that you continue to argue this when you're dead wrong. The way you wrote it was a complete nonsequitur, but of course you don't know what that means...

You continue to assume that they're dropping console just because they're porting games to PC. It's a silly assumption based on zero facts or deduction other than you think Microsoft did the same thing and thus Sony will have the same results as Microsoft.

Really simple people see similar things and they assume that they're the same, even when they're not.

Man A decides to run away from the bear
Man B decides to run away from the bear

Are both men right?

The irony.

Yeah, work on your English buddy. If I say I've worked for my company for the last two years, would I be excluding the year we're in? No one would think that if they understood English.

You really struggle with concepts and as you struggle with them you try to take things to the most extreme position. It's the definition of strawman argument, which is what simple people use when they aren't able to debate something on the merits.

I say Sony is looking for margins everywhere and you say I'm suggesting that they should give up being a console manufacturer, as if they don't have margins when it comes to royalties on their system. The balance in the argument is that they should seek margins that don't significantly impact their margins in the console business.

Your argument is that their support of PC is in fact impacting their margins, yet you have no proof that is the case, only your hyperbole and assumptions...

Again, more evidence of you trying to take things to the extreme because you're unable or unwilling to debate things on the merits.

How did you determine F2P Mobile was the future? What analysis told you that? Let's even assume for a second that your hyperbole was correct. Would it make sense to put all of your money into one market? Is that market not competitive at all? Does it make sense to put all your eggs in any one basket given the competition involved or does it make more sense to diversify and try to obtain market share where you can?

Have you heard of Pokemon Go?

Can you tell me the top 5 selling xbox first party exclusives and how much they sold?

What year did they focus entirely on kinect and what did that focus look like?

What is Sony focuses entirely on and what does that focus look like?

How much was the Kinect compared to the Wii?

Another example of you not understanding English. Everyone doesn't literally mean everyone, but a substantial number of people said that the model was broken and gave sound analysis as to why it was. Not hyperbole or conjecture.

Microsoft hoped that they could disrupt the market enough with their warchest and that the quality of the games wouldn't matter at the end of the day. They did not know the games that Sony were going to make on the PS4.

Sometimes you make decisions in life and business, but you only have an understanding of some of the variables.

You know what buddy, it's clear we have different point of views and I've had to deal with stupid people a lot already in my life to know when it doesn't make any sense to continue arguing.
Let's end it here, I prefer to continue enjoying my vacation.