Imagine a game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoolleyGamer

WoolleyGamer
Content Creator
27 Jun 2022
youtube.com
OK... imagine a multiplayer game where all the intricately crafted arena maps you would normally lobby for individually, had a huge rumble mode where all maps are able to be instantly teleported to in under 2 seconds at random? (see Example of insane loading capabilities)

That kind of multiplayer shooter is possible on PS5. 👀😳

Maybe different objectives per map. Search and destroy in one, the moment that's won (or lost), a Rift teleports you to another map where you're suddenly playing a rush mode etc etc

Shit....the more I think of the possibilities of the PS5s hardware, the more sure I am that we will see things post 2024 that we never realised were possible in video games.

We know the PS5 can have preloaded 16gb of RAM in 2 seconds.

We know the PS5 can also stream data directly from the SSD bypassing the RAM too- - acting as sort of a "2nd RAM"...

Imagine a city where every single building is fully detailed and accessible. Using procedural generation to save memory & randomise the layout of each interior with high quality assets - all this is possible too, as these assets no longer need to be preloaded over a period of 40 seconds in the event you enter one (which would take up impossible anount of storage space). They can be streamed in as you're literally smashing through the window or opening the door - it's THAT fast!

When the hardware is taken full advantage of... the imagination really is the only limit.

We aint ready 👀👊🏼❤️

Just wanted to share my musings and excitement. Cheers

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
I have always wanted a game that is "semi" open world - Division / GTA / The Getaway - To have all the buildings and interiors fully rendered.
I know some games do have some buildings like that but for a open world game to have this would be cool, mainly if it is a PVE/P open world.
A real open world where you can go into any building, any car freely move how you like.
We might get something like this in factions 2 but who knows, Or GTA6 in 5-7 years when that comes out.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I know what's happening here, @WoolleyGamer is planning on doing a Dr disrespect, he's gathering ideas to start his own gaming company.

I got my eyes on you

Eyes Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I explained this before but I think with modern technology, the SSD and power.... Naughty Dog would be a great pick to do a game based on the concepts behind Inception.

Linking dream sequences and massive setpieces, changing peoples perceptions by invading their dreams and correctly adapting them.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Street Fighter RPG. With more grounded Shen Mue combat, learning and realist, detailed environments.
Take the story from Pre Street Fighter Alpha through the series. And some stuff from the Anime, Comics and anime series

OP
OP
WoolleyGamer

WoolleyGamer

WoolleyGamer
Content Creator
27 Jun 2022
youtube.com
I have always wanted a game that is "semi" open world - Division / GTA / The Getaway - To have all the buildings and interiors fully rendered.
I know some games do have some buildings like that but for a open world game to have this would be cool, mainly if it is a PVE/P open world.
A real open world where you can go into any building, any car freely move how you like.
We might get something like this in factions 2 but who knows, Or GTA6 in 5-7 years when that comes out.
Yeah brother. Its definitely possible now for sure. The insanely fast data streaming would enable all assets of a room to be rendered before you even get through the window, or door, while all other off screen rooms can be streamed in too. And procedural generation will enable all these rooms to look different with - with a pool of maybe 200 - 300 "interior room" assets to pool from without the need of duplicates anymore to keep overall memory use low. It's crazy to think what's actually possible now. 🔥🔥🔥👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼💯💯💯

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I would like to see a game where you actually age, with permadeath being the game's unavoidable end goal.
Call the game something like Community/society.

The game would be an MMO where you start off as a Young man or woman and try to make your place in the world trying to build a legacy.

Start the game as a nobody, massive world to explore, and lots of real-life people all trying to do the same.
Different world servers could be launched with different scenarios, ones as war, plague, prosperity, exploration, conquest etc

Making incorrect decisions or positive ones with an increase/ reduction on your lifespan.
Have a set of random traits assigned at birth that affect the progression of your character.

The goal of the game would be to see how many years the people world/server could last.
Imagine being a gold lender or a banker, if people don't pay you back, their lifespan is hit with consequences and has a penalty inflicted to their lifespan.

Imagine you are a successful person on a server, have buildings and streets named after you, when you die you could be reborn as a different character that has nothing to do with your past life. Image seeing your past gravestone or the house you used to live at, seeing people remembering or celebrating your name or actions. It could also be done on the negative side, being notorious or seen as a ruthless person.

Just some silly concepts.

If you make millions of this @WoolleyGamer, you better cash me in or i bring DA SMOKE TO YOUR CANDY ARSE

Last edited:
OP
OP
WoolleyGamer

WoolleyGamer

WoolleyGamer
Content Creator
27 Jun 2022
youtube.com
I would like to see a game where you actually age, with permadeath being the game's unavoidable end goal.
Call the game something like Community/society.

The game would be an MMO where you start off as a Young man or woman and try to make your place in the world trying to build a legacy.

Start the game as a nobody, massive world to explore, and lots of real-life people all trying to do the same.
Different world servers could be launched with different scenarios, ones as war, plague, prosperity, exploration, conquest etc

Making incorrect decisions or positive ones with an increase/ reduction on your lifespan.
Have a set of random traits assigned at birth that affect the progression of your character.

The goal of the game would be to see how many years the people world/server could last.
Imagine being a gold lender or a banker, if people don't pay you back, their lifespan is hit with consequences and has a penalty inflicted to their lifespan.

Imagine you are a successful person on a server, have buildings and streets named after you, when you die you could be reborn as a different character that has nothing to do with your past life. Image seeing your past gravestone or the house you used to live at, seeing people remembering or celebrating your name or actions. It could also be done on the negative side, being notorious or seen as a ruthless person.

Just some silly concepts.

If you make millions of this @WoolleyGamer, you better cash me in or i bring DA SMOKE TO YOUR CANDY ARSE
That's an awesome idea bro. I dig it!!!! 👀👀👀👀🔥🔥🔥🔥

18 Jul 2022
stockton, california
What would you like to see done in a game we haven't seen before? Share!
Its more of, Id like to see things we've seen before on a stand alone basis, combined with each other. portals portal gun, combined with ratchet & clanks rifts? do you want to be able to run like the flash/quicksilver/sonic or even link with pegasus boots and quickly traverse an area. spiderman is fine, but he is still limited to acceleration due to gravity, much like a skateboarder is.

you remember the movie jumper? I dont know how you would implement that instantly teleporting. we had tactical inserts from cod, but how do you do it even if in a solo game? is it like a weapon wheel of saved teleport locations? is it realtime decision or pause and menu based jump.

ive not played to many time travel games (whether in story or mechanics based). last one that really comes to mind is braid. rewinding and modifying your actions or even cloning your action hitting a switch and also going through a door at same time. im sure thats "kids stuff" the easy stuff. versus say, something like the scenes in tenet that seem alterable, or not alterable at all. how do you play back a players actions backwards, in reverse, before they did it. unless you record an early level. only for it to be the last level towards the "end". again. another braid moment.

local storage excels in local games. offline games where we arent throttled by network issues.

peace.

• fire
Reactions: WoolleyGamer
Status
Not open for further replies.