Impression: Sony could be playing 4D Chess moves to manoeuvre themselves out of PC publishing

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I get more and more the feeling Sony is actively trying to sabotage themselves. There is no rational way to explain, why they do shoot themselves twice in the foot.
Lately we have seen many weird decision like this.

People are not amused, if this is Sony's end goal then they will achieve their ambition. Sly tactic in which they create a reason to excusing themselves from exiting the PC publishing. Also they could plan all of this to force-shift everything to their own storefront. Also a thought which came into my mind.
Thoughts?

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Nah, it's just incompetence. You don't drag your brand through the mud for that.
But what if they don't see any other way to justify their exit for PC business, to please both customers and shareholders?

klomzi

8 Mar 2024
But what if they don't see any other way to justify their exit for PC business, to please both customers and shareholders?

Shareholders are more important to a publicly traded company like Sony than angry customers.

If sharesholders wants Sony to release games on PC, Sony will do it.

Reactions: Box

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
yall are huffing too much hopium, the ports will never stop. Sony is on their way to going 3rd party like Xbox.

What's currently happening to Xbox is exactly Sony's fate in the next 5 years or less.

If they wanted to stop ports, they would've just said so and that it'd be the end of it.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Shareholders are more important to a publicly traded company like Sony than angry customers.

If sharesholders wants Sony to release games on PC, Sony will do it.

Out of touch boomer shareholders are the wordt

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
If those countries can't access PSN how do they do it on PS5? Or is this just accessing through Steam?

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
The useless launcher isn't far away. I won't be surprised if they put it in a showcase and act as if its equally as important as a PS5 Pro.

Reactions: J_Paganel

VillaiN

Veteran
10 Feb 2023
If those countries can't access PSN how do they do it on PS5? Or is this just accessing through Steam?
For psn th3y use accounts witj supported country. I hope sony s not that dumb to ban those users. They get their mau on psn plus revenue.

This s just for steam.

• Informative
Reactions: xollowsob
OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
yall are huffing too much hopium, the ports will never stop. Sony is on their way to going 3rd party like Xbox.

What's currently happening to Xbox is exactly Sony's fate in the next 5 years or less.

If they wanted to stop ports, they would've just said so and that it'd be the end of it.
Nah bro PlayStation will never end up as XBOX. Before that happens Sony will hsve a rude awakening like they had experienced in PS3 era. Thou I agree they will sell probably less than 100m and in similar sphere as the PS3 did with 90m.
Why is it only PS fans who keep talking about a PC launcher? Like, Sony themselves has never mentioned a PC launcher.
Because there were rumors ciculating before. People like Tom Henderson where reporting about the rumours.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
PC gamers are now conditioned to WAIT for years and they won't get a console anymore.
Previously, with enough exclusives in the bank, some new exclusive would break a camels back and pc gamer could finally get a console.
Now it's less likely. bravo sony...

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
PC gamers are now conditioned to WAIT for years and they won't get a console anymore.
Previously, with enough exclusives in the bank, some new exclusive would break a camels back and pc gamer could finally get a console.
Now it's less likely. bravo sony...
Exactly the same dilemma for GP on Xbox. People won't buy games there, they want to rent them only. Sony definitely needs a rude awakening like they had one with PS3. Sony will wake up, if they draw their conclusions amd see why their profits amd revenue generally decreased. For example every Company wanted NFTs a couple of years ago but stopped after they saw it failed miserably and impacted them negatively.

Reactions: Orangee and rofif

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Nah bro PlayStation will never end up as XBOX. Before that happens Sony will hsve a rude awakening like they had experienced in PS3 era. Thou I agree they will sell probably less than 100m and in similar sphere as the PS3 did with 90m.
The rude awakening has already happened years ago. The rude awakening is seeing all the ports flop one after the other. If that didn't stop them, nothing will. I'm starting to believe there might really be an Xbox inside agent working at Sony like what Mike Ybarra was for ABK. Phil also admitted he had an ex Microsoft friend of his buying up a ton of Nintendo shares.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters