Impression: Sony could be playing 4D Chess moves to manoeuvre themselves out of PC publishing

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Consoles are cheaper than ever. 400-500$ is nothing compared to gpu alone being 500-1500$.

What has that got to do with what I am saying?

Name me another console in history which is more expensive now then on launch?

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
They cannot lie in front of their shareholders.

Announcing PS5 sales numbers and revenue in meetings and also admitting PS needs to grow beyond console in the same meeting. Both are true.

They are not morons to make this shift... they wouldn't put games on PC if everything was fine like in the PS4 era. The gaming industry doesn't remain the same.

This is not the same as that Game Pass sustainable comment.. it was in some gaming outlet interview, not shareholder meeting. Two different situations.... you cannot lie in meetings. Phil Spencer can run his mouth and bluff during random interviews. And investors don't grill them about gaming as it's not vital for the company so Spencer doesn't care if he lies.

Sony doesn't have this luxury as PS is important and investors demand growth.
What are you even on about? No offense but this is one of the dumbest comments ever on this site. Why did you ignore my message? I told you to stop trying to conflate objective figures with stupid opinions, it shows that you know you're wrong and have no real response. They clearly are morons, and saying "things aren't fine like the PS4 era" is beyond dumb. You fell for the FUD and can't think for yourself. Things were looking better than PS4 era before they mucked it up, now PS5 is falling behind ps4 and will continue to decline. There is no growth to be had from PC, or mobile and cloud for that matter. "Growth beyond console" was always a farce propagated by idiots who have no clue what the console industry is about, aka people like Phil. Keep chasing imaginary customers and see how far that takes you. You know the stance you're pushing is objectively retarded when you agree with trash like Phil Spencer.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
That would be too smart for them. Its probably just down to not thinking properly

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
They don't need to go through this charade. They can pull pc publishing anytime they wish.

Truth is Sony are clueless right now when it comes to how much damage their current pc strategy is inflicting on their brand.
So they have no one with ears on the ground to see what's really taking place in the gaming landscape? It's pretty obvious to everyone who isn't pushing an agenda.

I think they are aware but they are held at gunpoint by the balls by Shareholders who got greedy after the massive success of the PS4 era. Also the two top CEO's don't like gaming and don't it as a prestigious industry that's worth respect.

Jim Ryan stated at the start of the gen, he wanted PS to become the Apple gaming, yet they went and open up their walled garden of exclusive games to the worst audience? Haha

Apple don't even throw windows or Android a bone unless it's subscription based

Banana

10 Jan 2023
The useless launcher isn't far away. I won't be surprised if they put it in a showcase and act as if its equally as important as a PS5 Pro.

What if PS5 pro is just a licensed PC? Or maybe they team up with Vaio since they still partially own them.

• haha
Reactions: arvfab
OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I gave the comments a read on the Twitter page. This PC Mustard Rwcee are full of hate towaeds Sony and even making fun of tveir games. Then I am asking myself, why are these Mfer getting worked up for? Hypocritical bunch of sad basement kids.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
If Sony didn't want to port their games to PC, they would just say so and then stick with what they just said. Sony going through all these hoops is just fucking stupid.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
The GoT stuff is a tempest in a teacup compared to the Bethesda studio closures. I mean really, how many people were going to play it on PC anyway?

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
No this is stupid, because the entire game doesn't require PSN only the Legends multiplayer mode does.

Why would they even delist it though, it literally doesn't make sense.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
No this is stupid, because the entire game doesn't require PSN only the Legends multiplayer mode does.

It is one SKU. But it also a full package of GoT experience.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

Cause after the Helldivers 2 fiasco it is the best solution.

You have Steam Lunatics complaining that PSN isn’t mandatory or required when it clearly was from Day 1.

Imagine what would happen when Steam users from Non PSN countries realise they can’t play online cause they need PSN.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: arvfab

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
What has that got to do with what I am saying?

Name me another console in history which is more expensive now then on launch?
I don’t get it. I am just saying that console is cheaper every relative to salaries or so it feels

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Cause after the Helldivers 2 fiasco it is the best solution.

You have Steam Lunatics complaining that PSN isn’t mandatory or required when it clearly was from Day 1.

Imagine what would happen when Steam users from Non PSN countries realise they can’t play online cause they need PSN.
You know what would happen? Nothing. They would go out and create account if they already didn't have. Because there is more real problems in their life than cry over 2min of creating accout.

I bet, mostly entitled cry baby lunatics from the west who decided boycott Sony, how dare Japanese to do it to humanity 😂

Reactions: Muddasar

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Nonsense Sony wouldn't have to manoeuvre anything

If they want out of PC they just cancel any PC projects