Incoming announcement on Xbox titles future exclusivity and publishing

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
They are going to bomb about as hard as Sony PC games. People who really wanted those games would've actually paid the $150 for a used Series S or played it on PC.
Just like redfall, xbox overestimate their products.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
Screenshot-20240204-175355-Chrome.jpg

Interesting
How did that work out?

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Xbox podcasts have been and are going to be spicy for the foreseeable future.
Enthusiast media in general is always full of comedic moment because everyone is so involved.

• haha
Reactions: Deleted member 1154

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Xbox podcasts have been and are going to be spicy for the foreseeable future.
Enthusiast media in general is always full of comedic moment because everyone is so involved.
I might even drop some superchats just as a fairwell.

10 Jan 2024
Is Jez suggesting that MS is expecting us to buy their games in numbers their fanbase never did so they can use the money to screw us over later?

I reckon we should buy the game, it will just provide them with metrics to bring all future games over to the platform once again aligning the current trends of today to go full party publisher.

We can literally force them to become the next Ubisoft or Sega with just our Wallets, Also once we have those games on Disc they cant take it back....

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
If the MCC comes to PS it'll be an epic meltdown. Certainly a historical event.

I have it on Xbox but I'm not that big of a fan so I doubt I'll pick it up on PS. Maybe just because it'd be a historical release.

Gears, on the other hand, I would pick up on PS. My favorite xbox franchise.
Master Chief landing on PlayStation will be the finishing blow. Nothing is safe anymore for bots if Halo becomes a multiplat franchise. Timdog will have to throw away his Phil Spencer autograph inhaler in the trash bin. Every trophy that pops up in MCC a bot will shed a tear.

Reactions: Deleted member 1154
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Is Jez suggesting that MS is expecting us to buy their games in numbers their fanbase never did so they can use the money to screw us over later?

Seen people bringing that shit Spencer said about playstation getting a 30% cut on Microsoft published games on playstation like Microsoft isnt gearing up to put their store on iPhone & android to take a 100% cut of everything they sell on others hardware 🤣

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
I reckon we should buy the game, it will just provide them with metrics to bring all future games over to the platform once again aligning the current trends of today to go full party publisher.

We can literally force them to become the next Ubisoft or Sega with just our Wallets, Also once we have those games on Disc they cant take it back....
Fuck that , not buying a shit, boring game just to get more Microsoft shit 🤣

• thisistheway
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024

WE don't have to do shit. even 10% on ps is over 10 million. If they sell full price to even half that, its a win.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Deto

1 Jul 2023
Your theory suggests that mShit had a strategy of consolidating its power in the gaming industry by cutting off Sony from its strongest third-party partners and acquiring potential assets, such as Ember Lab. However, you believe that things changed once they had to make concessions to acquire ABK and realized the difficulties in maintaining the traditional console business model. This, coupled with the need to retain talent and reevaluate the exclusivity of games, may have led mShit to reconsider their approach. You predict that mShit might transition into a fully third-party, multiplatform publisher while maintaining some form of hardware that resembles gaming-centric PC-like devices running Windows. Ultimately, you express the belief that mShit needs to find a way to balance their transition while acknowledging the challenges of letting go of the traditional console business model.

You guys give MS too much credit with their strategy, they are reactionary.

What lead them to the Gamepass, to Series S, to acquiring Bethesda, to acquiring ABK, where all difrent reasons that seemed to make sense to them at the moment.

They thought Gamepass was disruptive enough for them to take over the gaming market, they thought Series S was a genius move to corner PlayStation and steal market share, they thought buying Bethesda would be huge and that depriving PlayStation of Starfield would be massive, they figure buying ABK would make them bigger than PlayStation.

They are mostly just idiots with too much money to spend that never understood the gaming market. Phil Spencer was always improvising in an attempt to make up for his latest failed strategy.

I'm not even sure if they understood when they bought Bethesda and ABK that that would force them into going third-party, based on their actions early on I don't think that was the plan despite how obvious the outcome is.

With Microsoft you can never know if it's a plan or just stupidity

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023

Psiop to get us to buy MS games?

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
Am I the only one who feels kinda bad for them?

As fun as it is to dunk on them, this is probably a bit like if Sega fans were recording themselves in 2001
I can tell you are young, since forums have existed since 95 and ign was from 1999 and you can look up the meltdown of sega fans from 2001.

Reactions: Umar