Incoming announcement on Xbox titles future exclusivity and publishing

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
They're dumb AF seen some of them saying Phil should leave Microsoft & make his own gaming console 💀🤣
Phill wont bother with that hes too busy playing diablo

IMG_3505.png

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
BlackRock?
from the OG quote:
I definitely agree with the people thinking this was a Blackrock call because it's a very Blackrock thing to do and I mean that in the worst way.
BlackRock is an investment management firm, they are known for having bought a lot of houses early in the pandemic as investment, driving prices higher than they normally would have been... as well as a million evil things.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Holy Shit, we missed some of the gem from that trainwreck thread in resetera before, like this one:

"You Nintendo and Sony fans are to blame. You all refused to support the third wheel (Xbox) and now you're going to have to reap what you sowed.

Higher console prices, less innovation, and less urgency. Sure, you may now have more access to a wider selection of games, but at what price? The long term landscape may forever be doomed and the guilt will not be easily washed away with marathon sessions of Halo and Forza.

There's digital blood on your hands. Shame."
Microsoft the 3 trillion $ corporation that refuses to invest in VR until it's more mainstream ... How innovative of them 🤣

Reactions: J_Paganel

ultimateFF

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Cannot believe there are people (on Era) blaming Don Mattrick for this. It's been over a decade, at some point you need to realise Phil is in charge.
I hope all dem eksbotz can get all the mental help they need. Who am I kidding, just locked dem trashes into mental institution 🤣🤣🤣.

Last edited:

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Holy Shit, we missed some of the gem from that trainwreck thread in resetera before, like this one:

"You Nintendo and Sony fans are to blame. You all refused to support the third wheel (Xbox) and now you're going to have to reap what you sowed.

Higher console prices, less innovation, and less urgency. Sure, you may now have more access to a wider selection of games, but at what price? The long term landscape may forever be doomed and the guilt will not be easily washed away with marathon sessions of Halo and Forza.

There's digital blood on your hands. Shame."
Sounds like that person may be joking.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
The "who else can stand up to Sony" argument is easily demonstrably wrong. Nintendo makes more profit than them. Sony has always had competition from Nintendo. Did people ever think about how much third party support Nintendo lost to Xbox over the years?

Of course, competition is always welcome. But good competition, where the focus is product differentiation, true innovation and actual quality, not childish "6 > 4" or "12 > 10" nonsense. Microsoft has never had the taste or company culture that breeds creativity.

Sony and Nintendo earned their place with hard work, not by buying out publishers. We need a competitor who deserves to be there. Microsoft does not.
Not long ago Phil Spencer was saying amazon & apple & Google were the competition tryna downplay playstation & Nintendo 🤣

26 Nov 2023
This guy. Lol

So many people keep throwing this out there that “Xbox is needed for a competitive market, to keep Sony in check” nah peeps just want Xbox around because they’ve made this brand and its executives their entire life and if that’s not there, well, they fall apart as clearly so many of them are right now.

I never see concerns for competitive markets when MS was trying to gobble up Activision or when leaked emails came out of MS wanting to spend Sony out of the industry. They wanna sound impartial online just so they can beg Xbox not to go third party because that’s the real reason for these comments, not because they want a competitive market.

Anyway, sorry for the rant 😂

fod

3 Feb 2024
So many people keep throwing this out there that “Xbox is needed for a competitive market, to keep Sony in check” nah peeps just want Xbox around because they’ve made this brand and its executives their entire life and if that’s not there, well, they fall apart as clearly so many of them are right now.

I never see concerns for competitive markets when MS was trying to gobble up Activision or when leaked emails came out of MS wanting to spend Sony out of the industry. They wanna sound impartial online just so they can beg Xbox not to go third party because that’s the real reason for these comments, not because they want a competitive market.

Anyway, sorry for the rant 😂
The only time it was competitive was during the 360 era. It wasn't before and definitely not after.

I always questioned how Microsoft made money from game pass. Do any of yous know how it actually worked. Did Devs get cuts from the fees for downloads or was it all set fees. I could never get my head around how game pass made money when you had to pay out to devs. Is it a money maker. With Starfield would they ever recoup the costs of developing it or did they expect pc sales to supplement the costs.