Incoming announcement on Xbox titles future exclusivity and publishing

Mild Conviction

13 Jan 2023
I find it hard to understand why all of this is surprising when Phil went in front of the world and said, almost verbatim, that Microsoft fucked up last gen so badly there's basically no hope of catching up. Did people forget that interview already? Fanboy selective hearing, I assume.

I see some people fretting over "competition" but Microsoft hasn't been competition since 2012.

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023

Stay tuned!!!

GFmZZn5WIAAXRk_

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I'm patiently waiting for the eventual "subtitled version":
Animated GIF

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
'If you are open to it you can come on my space I’m holding after. I know that PR would never approve , but like you said I always have been good at connecting the dots. I know not the easiest of times. I asked because others are asking me to ask you.'

Timdog in Phil's replys 💀🤡🤣
I want to join one of these spaces, but ready to speak. Will they allow me? Can I be a good undercover canine and slip under their radar?

• haha
Reactions: Diah

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
I've got no idea about spaces I've never used it before , I'm sure Aaron greenturd will be in their though probably under an alt account
His got a somewhat recognisable voice, no? Though I guess all these guys sound like swines that have just attempted a brisk jog.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
The only time it was competitive was during the 360 era. It wasn't before and definitely not after.

I always questioned how Microsoft made money from game pass. Do any of yous know how it actually worked. Did Devs get cuts from the fees for downloads or was it all set fees. I could never get my head around how game pass made money when you had to pay out to devs. Is it a money maker. With Starfield would they ever recoup the costs of developing it or did they expect pc sales to supplement the costs.
They don't make money with Game Pass. It's a ponzi scheme wherein each new release apparently keeps enough people around to pay for the last release. It also logically follows from the typical promotion of GP("It's such a good deal it saves me money!") that the producer must be losing money in opportunity cost since people are getting products at a price lower than they otherwise should. Just look at Palworld for example. ~7m players on Xbox, 12m sales on steam. 12m people on Steam paid for it, 7m people on Xbox likely didn't as the 25m people on Game Pass had access to it for free. It didn't cost them anything extra than what they paid to access it, so how can such a service make money? Providing people more goods at the same price with no other changes in economic conditions means someone is losing money.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
I had to.
This guys uses console war too many times when it was something that never existed between PlayStation and Xbox... it was never a war.
Maybe he can use the word massacre instead.

They've been happy to make "unfair" decisions like purchasing out studios and cancelling PS versions of games, so trying to assert a moral authority on this as you lose is utterly laughable.