Incoming announcement on Xbox titles future exclusivity and publishing

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I see that GAF hasn't changed. These people contributed to the demise of their own brand and still come up with shit like "they bought the other half of the industry that Microsoft didn't buy".

Playstation spent MAYBE 5B in acquisitions, with the lion share going to Bungie, a publisher with one single game, plus a handful of smaller studios (and Insomniac at a bargain price). Microsoft spent north of 80B in just two publishers.

kW5rXSB.png

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I had to.
This guys uses console war too many times when it was something that never existed between PlayStation and Xbox... it was never a war.
Maybe he can use the word massacre instead.

True enough. The only console brand that feeds into console warring is Xbox.
PS and Nintendo are pretty much silent and on their lane doing their thing.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I see that GAF hasn't changed. These people contributed to the demise of their own brand and still come up with shit like "they bought the other half of the industry that Microsoft didn't buy".

Playstation spent MAYBE 5B in acquisitions, with the lion share going to Bungie, a publisher with one single game, plus a handful of smaller studios (and Insomniac at a bargain price). Microsoft spent north of 80B in just two publishers.

kW5rXSB.png
PS3 era isn't coming back because Sony knows they can't really get away with it.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
PS3 era isn't coming back because Sony knows they can't really get away with it.
People don't understand that gaming consoles and gaming in general operates under the principles of demand elasticity (I think @historia mentioned as much overnight).

If sony releases a shitty overpriced console, or if they increase their prices exponentially, they will not sell. The same way that if they increase the prices for their games the industry does not have to follow suit.

However, Sony will increase prices as much as they can get away with it, as they have already done. They literally did the price increase (which is a profitability increase) while competing with Xbox.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I think he used to be at Guerilla, name seems familiar, but now he's another Jaffe type figure who's bitter and just panders to Xbox fanboys now.

That makes him look even worse. We can assume he was fired then.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

kW5rXSB.png
They are delusional.

What Sony brought is either already only GAAS (Bungie) and are deliveryint/working in SP games (Insomniac and others).

They don’t have arguments.

After he talks about Sony arrogant 20 years ago as if nothing have changed at Sony with the PS3 mistakes lol

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
They are delusional.

What Sony brought is either already only GAAS (Bungie) and are deliveryint/working in SP games (Insomniac and others).

They don’t have arguments.

After he talks about Sony arrogant 20 years ago as if nothing have changed at Sony with the PS3 mistakes lol
What crazy is....I have never heard of Xbox being accused of arrogance after their controversial transition from the X360 generation to the Xbone generation. They sweep it under the rug saying it was Don Mattricks fault and this is new leadership, as if the leadership is still the same form the PS3 era. However, Sony still carries the stigma of arrogance even after they corrected their mistake. It's crazy how fear-mongering is prevalent, especially considering that Nintendo has also had faults, but they are not accused of arrogance like Sony.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Even Zhuge. No one is safe.

All the influencers and anyone in the media are all in on the MS/GP Kool-Aid years after it failed to catch the mass market. Keep fighting the good fight idiots and cult followers.
I don't think he's lying, though.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
What does everyone thing of folks like Jez and Tom Warren walking back their claims of how severe the shift will be?