Indie Games Chat [OT]

OP
OP
toucandela

toucandela

24 Sep 2022
mishmash.games
If anyone is into disturbing and surreal pixel art games about mood and exploration then this might be worth a look. It's more an avent-garde experience than anything else but I got quite caught up in it. Closer to Home.

Szplk7h.png

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
On PSN American Fugitive is currently 1.99€. Anybody played it? Looks like GTA pre 3.

OP
OP
toucandela

toucandela

24 Sep 2022
mishmash.games
Been getting a little addicted to Sail Forth. It's got a few flaws and the physics has a touch of jank but I like that. It's only slight. Using the wind to sail and the weather stuff is a lot of fun. Plus good sea battles. It can be repetitive but I'm enjoying it anyway.

3s5JliP.jpg

RcywwLj.jpg

OP
OP
toucandela

toucandela

24 Sep 2022
mishmash.games
Anyone interested in an unusual deckbuilder time waster, Luck be a Landlord was better than I expected. Cards mixed with a slot machine. Turns out I'm a pretty good gambler, when I can rig it.

OP
OP
toucandela

toucandela

24 Sep 2022
mishmash.games
I can see myself getting well and truly sucked into The Last Starship for hundreds of hours before it reaches version 1.0. Even if all I do is optimise spaceships. It's the new game from the Prison Architect devs. Spent a lot of time on that. TLS is very early days but I can see the potential.

s4D904u.jpg

Reactions: anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I can see myself getting well and truly sucked into The Last Starship for hundreds of hours before it reaches version 1.0. Even if all I do is optimise spaceships. It's the new game from the Prison Architect devs. Spent a lot of time on that. TLS is very early days but I can see the potential.

s4D904u.jpg
Isn't this the FTL clone?

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Oh yeah that looks more like starsector than FTL. Neat, but I've had my fill of 2D shipbuilders.

OP
OP
toucandela

toucandela

24 Sep 2022
mishmash.games
Fair enough. I just remembered the other similar one in dev is Stardeus. I'm most interested in Last Starship and tempted to grab Starsector when it moves to Steam.