[Innacurate, unreliable source] AndroidCentral: Sony is making deep cuts to the PSVR2 Division

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Sony doesn't have a "PSVR2 division" so this rumor doesn't even make sense.

They would just have game studios that make games in VR and I highly doubt anyone would know what every Sony studio is working on to know that there's only 2 games in development... as these games wouldn't be made by some fictional "PSVR2 division" to begin with.

And looking at the author he seems to just be shitting on PSVR2 nonstop for weeks and has been pushing people to buy the Quest 3.

Doesn't seem like a reliable person at all

Edit: yeah the author is a massive platform warrior on Twitter and loves to tell people he doesn't like Sony and he doesn't touch his PS5
Good to know he's a lying little scumbag.

VR is an absolute marvel and the future of entertainment.

2spooky5me

12 May 2024
You'll know this is real, when that Takahashi Mochizuki reports it. Or PushSquare.
Any way to give negativity to Playstation, they are on it like bees to honey (or whatever the saying is).

Reactions: JAHGamer

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Hard to believe Naughty Dog used to add in multiplayer modes for their games and now that's even too much to ask from them 😐

Also crazy to think we used to get over 4 games from them a generation and now we can't even get one

• sad

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Edit: yeah the author is a massive platform warrior on Twitter and loves to tell people he doesn't like Sony and he doesn't touch his PS5
Microsoft shills like Jez Corden say they don't report on PS news and act like they only care about Xbox stuff, while having sister sites like these that spread a ton of anti PS FUD. These offshoots purely exist to give Microsoft shills a way to bash their competitors scot-free.

• brain
Reactions: Nhomnhom and Eggman

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Microsoft shills like Jez Corden say they don't report on PS news and act like they only care about Xbox stuff, while having sister sites like these that spread a ton of anti PS FUD. These offshoots purely exist to give Microsoft shills a way to bash their competitors scot-free.
Flies to shit. Certainly apt in this case.

Yes but what is Sony doing about this? Where is the Sony PR Division or social media managers?

Was the entire division fired or something?

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
You still acting like PSVR2 slept with your mom? 😑 I thought you'd finally move on from me destroying you in that debate months ago, let it go bro.
Finally got mine sold few weeks back. It's literally a waste of space in the PlayStation ecosystem and thankfully it's on its death bed and being shipped off to the PC graveyard eventually.

Ain't selling well, games don't sell on it... There's no reason for it.

• sad
Reactions: 2spooky5me

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Finally got mine sold few weeks back. It's literally a waste of space in the PlayStation ecosystem and thankfully it's on its death bed and being shipped off to the PC graveyard eventually.

Ain't selling well, games don't sell on it... There's no reason for it.
No need to do this again, I already destroyed you in this debate months ago.

Yes but what is Sony doing about this? Where is the Sony PR Division or social media managers?

They're going to send them free consoles, review codes, and merch. That's what they do with all the other FUD spreaders, Sony loves people that hate them

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
VR has been their biggest blunder of the gen. Worth the tech investment and r&d but product launches are a waste. It’s still mostly gimmick shovelware.

They’ve been quietly killing it. Sony’s been silent on VR2 since it launched.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I bet VR blows up the moment Sony gives up on it. :ROFLMAO:

They make a good product then don't commit to it at all and later regret it.

The is no Sony PR division, things like that are seen internally as a waste of money by Totoki and their CEO.

• they're_right_you_know

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
It’s believable because they’ve flopped the hardware. Nothing to really argue on that front.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Androidcentral...sister site of Windowscentral 😑 nothing but FUD.

PSVR2 was never a flop, Sony just fell for the FUD from people who hate them, like they always do, and gave up on it before it even started. It's only been out a little over a year, and the 1st year of support was objectively amazing. But now Totoki and Hulst hate everything unique about PlayStation and are throwing it to the wayside.

I'm not surprised that Sony fell for the FUD but I was surprised by how many PlayStation "fans" did. It never made any sense why PSVR2 received so much hate since it came out.
It obviously flopped. There is no way around it.
Even I returned mine. I disliked the comfort and lenses.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
It obviously flopped. There is no way around it.
Even I returned mine. I disliked the comfort and lenses.
How? The only sales data we have was the one after a few months it launched. And it was outpacing the PSVR1 while it was only available through PS Direct. One Microsoft shill said it flopped and now the entire gaming community is just blindly mimicing it. They've been trying to label it as a flop since day 1, and when sales showed it was doing better than PSVR1 launch aligned, the FUD grew 10x. And a lot of the fud sentiment was also just people angry with PC not having anything remotely close to it, even headsets with 2x the cost.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I wouldn't be surprised. While PSVR2 is great and has a crapload of games, they don't have 1st party games on there. And it's been sidelined in every Sony sales discussion, meaning it sold like crap.

Shame, I really like mine.

• Shake
Reactions: 2spooky5me

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
How? The only sales data we have was the one after a few months it launched. And it was outpacing the PSVR1 while it was only available through PS Direct. One Microsoft shill said it flopped and now the entire gaming community is just blindly mimicing it. They've been trying to label it as a flop since day 1, and when sales showed it was doing better than PSVR1 launch aligned, the FUD grew 10x. And a lot of the fud sentiment was also just people angry with PC not having anything remotely close to it, even headsets with 2x the cost.
I don't have the data.
But you can feel it. The thing is dead and it was this way since month past launch.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I don't have the data.
But you can feel it. The thing is dead and it was this way since month past launch.
Except that month past launch it was outpacing its predecessor with significantly worse market conditions....And continued to have a bunch of great games release exclusively for it. It's dead now because you and many other people fell for the nonstop FUD campaigns and because SIE is ran by idiots.

This article, that has gotten over a million views and has been regurgitated by countless other news sites, has ZERO facts presented, not a single one. And people are taking it as gospel. This has been the state of PSVR2 "news" since it was announced. It never had a chance

GQmLpAYWAAAE3dK

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Puff and 2spooky5me

Vergil

19 Jun 2024
I'd kind of prefer PSVR 2 to be a standalone VR without the need to connect to PS and PC. I think PSVR 2 would be much more popular that way.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
I wouldn't be surprised. While PSVR2 is great and has a crapload of games, they don't have 1st party games on there. And it's been sidelined in every Sony sales discussion, meaning it sold like crap.

Shame, I really like mine.
It sold like crap because it was sidelined in 1st party support.

Not even bothering to port Astro Bot Rescue Mission was quite the message they sent to the world.