[Innacurate, unreliable source] AndroidCentral: Sony is making deep cuts to the PSVR2 Division

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I'd kind of prefer PSVR 2 to be a standalone VR without the need to connect to PS and PC. I think PSVR 2 would be much more popular that way.
It’d definitely sell better, but games would be significantly worse, games like GT7 VR wouldn’t even exist if it were standalone

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
It’d definitely sell better, but games would be significantly worse, games like GT7 VR wouldn’t even exist if it were standalone
it sold similar or marginally better than psvr1 but still nothing compared to quests and such. not enough for sony

• sad

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
it sold similar or marginally better than psvr1 but still nothing compared to quests and such. not enough for sony
It’s not competing with the Quest, it’ll never be able to match its sales. There’s an exponentially higher barrier of entry and it still has no social features. While the Quest has more social features than games.

• sad

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
It sold like crap because it was sidelined in 1st party support.

Not even bothering to port Astro Bot Rescue Mission was quite the message they sent to the world.
Not just first party but it needed support from established franchises.

PSP had a crapload of first party games for it. Vita as well. Then you had 3rd party games from well established franchises as well. PSP had 5 exclusive MGS games (4 are still exclusive) as well as 2 MGS graphics novels. That's just MGS. Almost every major 3rd party franchise was supported.

That's what I wanted for PSVR2. A lot of Sony 1st party franchises as well as 3rd party support. Capcom did a good job with that and GT7 and Horizon are excellent. But it seemed to stop there. Sony doesn't even mention 1st party games for it.

• Heart