Insider Gaming: COD:MW3 sees influx in cheaters following Xbox Game Pass debut

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Mw3Season3Reloaded.jpg

That’s according to Call of Duty X handle (formerly Twitter) CharlieINTEL, who has reported that an influx of cheaters has been spotted following the game’s debut in Game Pass. As CharlieINTEL points out, most cheaters appear with an Xbox logo in the game lobby.

Activision is yet to comment on the increase in cheaters, but given the game’s debut on Game Pass, which would offer the game to potentially 10’s of millions more players (34 million users as of February 2024), it isn’t difficult to see why there could be an influx of cheaters. The task now, though, is banning and preventing them from returning.

Source

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
cross play should only be between consoles
That won't solve the issue even more when MS is moving for a Xbox label for console PC hardware.
So you will have a custom PC made by manufacturers with a Xbox OS (Windows based) in the future called "console".

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The Crossplay gate.

Sadly people made Sony eat that shit few years ago.
It should be all fine if PS users played only with PS users.

Plus Population was never a issue with PlayStation.
It was another shill media and “fan” guilt trip to PS. Because PS had more players for most games online, and without the Crossplay Xbox was suffering.
I turn it off

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
That won't solve the issue even more when MS is moving for a Xbox label for console PC hardware.
So you will have a custom PC made by manufacturers with a Xbox OS (Windows based) in the future called "console".
I think the option like HD2/Concord when you can turn off cross platform play works well. Only PS players, I dont care if they dont have enough gamers to play with

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It was another shill media and “fan” guilt trip to PS. Because PS had more players for most games online, and without the Crossplay Xbox was suffering.
I turn it off
You have the option to turn it off indeed.
But unless they changed in CoD you have to do that every time you boot the game to play.
It is not a persistent option.

I already don't like it being ON by default... imagine having to turn it off every single time you want to play the game.
It is a mess.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
You have the option to turn it off indeed.
But unless they changed in CoD you have to do that every time you boot the game to play.
It is not a persistent option.

I already don't like it being ON by default... imagine having to turn it off every single time you want to play the game.
It is a mess.
Yeah having to doit every time is pointless and awful. Yikes

Reactions: ethomaz

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
True that the call for crossplay was particular for consoles, but since GamePass is on PC how does MS avoid also having PC included?

2spooky5me

Veteran
12 May 2024

PJ Muscle (what kind of username is that!?) is such a f***ing liar!
The Bots were shouting, crying and making memes about how Nintendo, PC and Xbox fans were all "friends", and PS was being left out. Y'know, that Kumbaya BS they kept hanging over our heads.

Last edited:
Reactions: Puff and ethomaz