Insider ViewerAnon: "The Last of Us Factions 2 is dead now"

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
well, someone at the top has to go.
Accountability matters. We don't want an Xbox, do we?
We still don't know why this game failed? For all we know whatever Bungie suggested probably required then retooling many mechanics and it just fell apart. It's clear the game was very far ahead and was gearing up to be shown until the assessment.

Uprooting management at ND right now when one of the Co-President's is about to retire would be madness.

This is the same mentality from gamers who instantly was begging Sony to shut down Evolution Studios after the messy DriveClub launch.

Game developers shouldn't be treated as disposable beings, sorry.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
The promise of this was very much my shit. Assuming it's something like The Division with PT2 gameplay, PVP, and ND quality storytelling. I want that game.

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
We still don't know why this game failed? For all we know whatever Bungie suggested probably required then retooling many mechanics and it just fell apart. It's clear the game was very far ahead and was gearing up to be shown until the assessment.

Uprooting management at ND right now when one of the Co-President's is about to retire would be madness.

This is the same mentality from gamers who instantly was begging Sony to shut down Evolution Studios after the messy DriveClub launch.

Sony is ruthless regarding those matters.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom

Druckmann is more of a failed Hollywood writer than a game developer stop capping 🤣

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
No! Druckmann is good.

Sony should have helped Amy make her own studio tho.... as for the original founders, we don't need them back.

Amy Ehnning wrote the story for Forspoken, i don't think she is as good as she used to be

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Please Fire Neil Druckmann, and re hire Andy gavin and Jason Rubin so we can get the old Naughty dog back
Yeah fire the guy who had nothing to do with Factions 2 and created the 3 last GOTY winning titles from ND

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Amy Ehnning wrote the story for Forspoken, i don't think she is as good as she used to be
She didn't write forspoken she was credited with story concept but it was heavily changed from conception to what was released she didn't really have that much input in the end

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Hennig is an absolute myth

UC1 was ass besides solid characters (only game she solo directed at ND). Easily the worst playing game they ever maxe
UC2 was co-directed by Straley who clearly improved it immensely
UC3 she co-directed with Justin Richmond who has directed nothing since and was a clear step back
Both she and Richmond failed at Uncharted 4 and had to be rescued by Straley and Druckmann again

Since she fucked UC4 in 2014 she started a Star Wars project - canned. Started a VR startup - closed. Joined Skydance in 2019, has done nothing in 4 years since but co-write Forspoken and announce another soon to be canned Star Wars game.

In fact Henig hasn't released a game in 12 years. Druckmann on the other hand has delivered three GOTYs since then. Even David Jaffe has more recent game credits to his name than Hennig

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
If it's bad, I'd rather they not release it. I think releasing a bad game with a lot of issues would hurt Naughty Dog a lot worse than cancelling one.
It almost can't be bad, Factions 1 has been trucking along since 2013 through 3 console generations and the removal of MP from TLOU P1 Remake.

They cant need to add too much. An open world instead of little 4v4 maps from the campaign locations, maybe little story scenes as intro and outros to missions like Division, group/homebase/upgrade management like State Of Decay, and co-op MP like Splinter Cell Conviction or AI buddy Sheeva in RE5? All OLD game design ideas - shouldn't be this hard?

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Good, fuck that GaaS shit.

While I'm sad that it was TLOU factions they had to learn their lesson on, I hope they did actually learn it. Screw the GaaS crap. You have 3 studios focused on that, so stop shoving it down the throat of every studio you own. Let Bungie and the other 2 crap studios you bought do GaaS.

As a real question, why do you hate Gaas so much?
I loved Destiny and RDR online. Plenty of good gameplay and story.
TLOU universe is perfect for an online Gaas game, story keeps going, new missions

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Hennig is an absolute myth

UC1 was ass besides solid characters (only game she solo directed at ND). Easily the worst playing game they ever maxe
UC2 was co-directed by Straley who clearly improved it immensely
UC3 she co-directed with Justin Richmond who has directed nothing since and was a clear step back
Both she and Richmond failed at Uncharted 4 and had to be rescued by Straley and Druckmann again

Since she fucked UC4 in 2014 she started a Star Wars project - canned. Started a VR startup - closed. Joined Skydance in 2019, has done nothing in 4 years since but co-write Forspoken and announce another soon to be canned Star Wars game.

In fact Henig hasn't released a game in 12 years. Druckmann on the other hand has delivered three GOTYs since then. Even David Jaffe has more recent game credits to his name than Hennig
100% people worship her for some reason. U4 and TLOU, TLOU2 were amazing
People forget she wrote Forspoken…

Last edited:

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Because some people just want to play single player games from the studios that make the best single player games? Not a lot of adults have time to go play kiddie games online with monetisation and shit.

Reactions: Umar

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
“Dont expect it to come out and you might be pleasantly surprised”

So he doesnt know anything…

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Because some people just want to play single player games from the studios that make the best single player games? Not a lot of adults have time to go play kiddie games online with monetisation and shit.

As do I, but I trust ND to make something special of it. And Im sure they are making a single player game too Since they finished TLOU2

But games like Destiny and FF14 arent kiddie games…:unsure: Or even the division (Im not a fan of, but I replace that with TLOU world and Im in )

They did say they are bringing there single player story telling to an online game. Thats what got me excited. Im thinking its something like Destiny where you get the single player experience but in an online world. Plus ND make great multiplayer experience too with Factions and PVP modes in Uncharted games

Last edited:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

Whilst Responding To A Tweet About The Multiplayer Last Of Us, ViewerAnon Claims The Game Is Now Dead At Naughty

ViewerAnon Is A Film Insider (and Sometimes even Gaming Insider as he was one of the first to report about TLOU Part 3)

Sounds more like a personal guess than insider info.

In my opinion, as we knew months ago they delayed it, pretty likely to make some important changes and improvements (to make changes and and improvements is normal in gamedev, since gamedev is normally an iterative process).

Pretty likely that delay meant that some people they originally thought were going to be needed these months won't be needed for a while and couldn't be included on other projects of the studio, so they fired them. Pretty likely most of them testers plus maybe a couple of persons who didn't perform as needed and maybe to the point of causing that important delay.

The underperforming people would be inmediately replaced, and the ones that for a while won't be needed would be replaced or rehired when needed, somewhere in the future.

Last edited:

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
TLOU universe is perfect for an online Gaas game, story keeps going, new missions
Because 95% of them are a shitshow. RDR2 being the perfect example. A game so stripped of value that in order to get something, you're railroaded into buying expensive gold or spend hours grinding for the simplest of items.

GaaS are designed specifically to sell you stuff. Often low quality BS you need to pay real money for or spend hours getting it through gameplay.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Are we gonna keep pretending Naughty Dog hasn't had ambitions of being one of the big boys in the multiplayer landscape since 2011?

Or that they engaged with some of the most predatory microtransactions we’ve ever seen in their mp portions as well with literal p2w bullshit.

I don’t feel bad. ND’s terrible gunplay and cursor lag can’t carry an online game.

Last edited: