Insomniac Games hit by ransomware attack. Wolverine pics leaked as well as Spiderman info.

D

Deleted member 223

I believe that is an employee passport...it's a huge mix of data from the hack.
Why is Insomniac even requesting passports to begin with?

I've been around the labor market like everybody else, but never have I gotten asked about my passport. Social Security # and card copy sure, which I was always incensed about but that is it. Perks of running your shit, that is no longer an issue.

If Insomniac employees sue - deserved!

Reactions: Bryank75

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Boys passport got gotted too. Fucked up, man finna to lose his whole identity.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
yt2jZJ6.jpg

Reportedly from the ransomware attack...
So the game takes place before he joined the X-men but after he joined Department H🤔 maybe 1980ish

I've been around the labor market like everybody else, but never have I gotten asked about my passport. Social Security # and card copy sure, which I was always incensed about but that is it. Perks of running your shit, that is no longer an issue.

🙄 you don’t know in what context this data was being used or who’s data it specifically is. Stop marketing reactionary comments based on nothing. Team members could have been location scouting and passport info was needed to facilitate travel arrangements. You don’t know I don’t know so let’s not randomly accuse ppl of wrong doing and talk about suing.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster
D

Deleted member 223

Lawsuits and data breaches (whether by hack or ransomware) are like flies to a steaming pile of shit.

You been under a rock? Happens all the time.

Don't matter the how. It's out, period. Judges ultimately decide.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022

Foreign employees are one example.

Not sure about US law and statutes, but in most European countries, passport or citizen card have to be provided for all jobs. Then the company cannot hold to that information, so it can only be used for verification purposes.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: anonpuffs
D

Deleted member 223

Foreign employees are one example.

Not sure about US law and statutes, but in most European countries, passport or citizen card have to be provided for all jobs. Then the company cannot hold to that information, so it can only be used for verification purposes.
In the U.S it's social security # & Driver's license. For foreign employees - green card or whatever visa form allows you in to work.

It's probably what Strikthorns suggested - travel arrangements. They also probably signed a consent form.

Still, even with all that, it's open to a lawsuit. It's out, period. It shouldn't be out - no matter the circumstance. Can guarantee if anyone sues, a Judge will most definitely consider the case - whether it rules in favor or not is another thing.

• Informative
Reactions: historia

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023

In the U.S it's social security # & Driver's license. For foreign employees - green card or whatever visa form allows you in to work.

It's probably what Strikthorns suggested - travel arrangements. They also probably signed a consent form.

Still, even with all that, it's open to a lawsuit. It's out, period. It shouldn't be out - no matter the circumstance. Can guarantee if anyone sues, a Judge will most definitely consider the case - whether it rules in favor or not is another thing.
All employers require you to complete form I-9, which either requires either 2 forms of ID from List B or C, or just 1 from List A. I used to be a manager and a lot of people just brought in a passport for convenience since most people have their social security cards locked away.

FORM.png

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023

That fucking bald eagle on the thing look so cool, man I would flex if I have one.

• haha
Reactions: JAHGamer
24 Jun 2022
Fck hackers and fck leakers. I used to think what they did was about disseminating information freely, but why not hack and leak the stuff that actually impacts people's lives at a fundamental level? Go hack the big pharma companies, the private prisons, the government surveillance groups.

Instead these idiots are going after gaming companies and auspiciously enough, not even the Big Tech ones. Modern black-hat hacking & leaking culture has turned into a performance for lolz and recognition, not for actually bettering the lives of the many.

Green Rat made a tread on trashera.

Genuinely dislike that guy. He wears his Xbox astroturfing on his sleeve (if not his profile pic). He's trying to be the next Klobrille, and we all know how much of a fanboy he is.

These people generally go out of their way to stir negative PlayStation talk and positive Xbox talk, despite trying to appear neutral. That's the kind of stuff I dislike. And generally when they try stirring up negative PS stuff it's based around FUD or intentional misrepresentation/exaggeration of what's at hand.

I may be critical of Xbox for example but that's just me pointing at factual flaws with their business and various actions. Even then, I don't needlessly shit on them (I think Hellblade 2 looks pretty good overall, the ad-based Game Pass tier rumor seems like a logical step, etc.).

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Box and JAHGamer
D

Deleted member 223

All employers require you to complete form I-9, which either requires either 2 forms of ID from List B or C, or just 1 from List A. I used to be a manager and a lot of people just brought in a passport for convenience since most people have their social security cards locked away.

FORM.png
Wait till they find that Pedro Schmidt in Brazil has a credit card for $10,000 under their name. These clowns already shopped that info.

Free credit report monitoring and counseling next.

• sad
Reactions: JAHGamer

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Sony needs to get it together.
Every company has these, most do their best to hide it as much as they can since these are PR nightmares.

I mean, if you think that MS are masters of computer security now instead of a liability I don't know what to tell you.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Fck hackers and fck leakers. I used to think what they did was about disseminating information freely, but why not hack and leak the stuff that actually impacts people's lives at a fundamental level? Go hack the big pharma companies, the private prisons, the government surveillance groups.

Instead these idiots are going after gaming companies and auspiciously enough, not even the Big Tech ones. Modern black-hat hacking & leaking culture has turned into a performance for lolz and recognition, not for actually bettering the lives of the many.

Genuinely dislike that guy. He wears his Xbox astroturfing on his sleeve (if not his profile pic). He's trying to be the next Klobrille, and we all know how much of a fanboy he is.

These people generally go out of their way to stir negative PlayStation talk and positive Xbox talk, despite trying to appear neutral. That's the kind of stuff I dislike. And generally when they try stirring up negative PS stuff it's based around FUD or intentional misrepresentation/exaggeration of what's at hand.

I may be critical of Xbox for example but that's just me pointing at factual flaws with their business and various actions. Even then, I don't needlessly shit on them (I think Hellblade 2 looks pretty good overall, the ad-based Game Pass tier rumor seems like a logical step, etc.).
The thread hasn't yet devolved into the anti-PlayStation circlejerk he was no doubt hoping for at least.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Wait till they find that Pedro Schmidt in Brazil has a credit card for $10,000 under their name. These clowns already shopped that info.

Free credit report monitoring and counseling next.
Sony alrdy does stuff like this for employees who’s data is compromised.

D

Deleted member 223

And end up like Assange, Manning, Snowden, or Seth, just to name a few? Think these folks will take a pass and stick to robbing a few corps.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
If the combat isn't mindblowing I'm not really interested, looks like the Sony over the shoulder template and Wolverine doesn't have interesting traversal which was the only thing I enjoyed about Spider-man really.

I want Sifu tier combat with blood and dismemberment

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Very unfortunate but at it gives some hope Wolverine is further along than maybe we expected. It could really be a fall 2024 game...

I also don't get the gripe about camera angles. I hope it's fixed angle like what we got in God of War 3 and then pans out during combat segments.

Reactions: Aceman

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
How is this good? Ransomware attacks essentially block the person's/companies' access to their files. What this implies is that Insomniac, as we speak, have parts of their business that are stuck and cannot run any meaningful work.
I never knew that. I never knew that

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022

Oh yeah absolutely, employees witheaked info should sue the shit out of Sony.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
If the combat isn't mindblowing I'm not really interested, looks like the Sony over the shoulder template and Wolverine doesn't have interesting traversal which was the only thing I enjoyed about Spider-man really.

I want Sifu tier combat with blood and dismemberment
Yeah let’s judge a game by a single leak screenshot that obviously part of some pre-alpha or proof of concept build

Reactions: TerraNova