Interview: CD Projekt RED has learned its lessons for the next Cyberpunk

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
you guys missed the entire point, what do graphics and ambition have to do with optimization? Does cp2077 now run 100x better than it did on launch? On the same hardware? 😐
You don't seem to understand what optimization is. Can't help you there, big dawg.

VillaiN

Veteran
10 Feb 2023
I don't care what people say about Cyberpunk 2077. It's a great game and Phantom Liberty even made it better. I've played it over 80 hours on PS5 and performance mode was so smooth. Just don't wait for 3 years to fix the game again.
Game s masterpiece. Logged in 160 hours. Platinum. DLC s also great.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
So do most bugthesda games, with optimisation mods the fans just fix it up anways.

Like I said most people really don't care, look at minecraft. One of the most poorly optimised games ever made.
Yeah casuals don't even notice this type of shit.

Summer Nightmares

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2023
They won’t learn anything, Witcher 2 was (and still is) terribly optimized, Witcher 3 was terribly optimized, CP2077 was terribly optimized, and even the Witcher 3 “next gen upgrade” was terribly optimized. These guys are no different from Bethesda 😂 just with better graphics and writing. I’m worried how poor the next games will be since it’s UE5 😬

Whats wrong with witcher 3 next gen optimization? I'm playing it right now and never found a problem. I'm not even half through it, does it get worse later?

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
So did CD Project Red learn the lesson that Journalists and some gamers will forgive a horrifying launch after you fix the game years later? Or that its a bad idea to launch broken games?

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
The lesson they should've learned is that hype is worth more than anything else. Game still sold like crazy despite how bad it was and now people even praise it.

The only game I ever asked a refund for given how shit it was. I didn't ask the refund because of technical issues, I asked because of how bad the game design was and the general poor game quality.

Game s masterpiece. Logged in 160 hours. Platinum. DLC s also great.
It's about as far from a masterpiece as a AAA game can get. But what can I expect from a crowd that thnks that games like Skyrim and Starfield are great games...

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Comparing cdpr to bethesda is laughable, cdpr are 2 tiers above in technical proficiency. Will wait to see how they handle the switch to unreal though
I'm sorry but that's like saying Bethesda is explosive diarrhea and CDPR is an intestinal blockage. They are both trash in technical proficiency.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
But they're using the Tim Epic engine now.

The REDengine, and CP2077 by extension, at least runs beautifully on a high end PC. Unreal Engine always seems to run badly even with top of the line PC hardware.

You talking Unreal 5 or Unreal 4? Unreal 4 runs like butter with games like Paragon/ Days Gone.

Unreal 5 from what FF7 Remake team said was lacking in certain toolsets, and finalized rendering techniques. I think going forward hey finally have ironed out a good amount of stuff.

Only time will tell, but anything is better than that trainwreck of a witcher engine that they themselves admitted wasn't even an engine that could run on current hardware. Hence they actually built a new engine for cyberpunk and even that none of the tools were done or easy for their developers to use.

Which is why Cyberpunk was so unplayable at launch. It was literally missing engine features that could not run the game properly.

I honestly think they are making the correct decision. And who knows maybe when they make a title or two in unreal they go back to making their own engine after seeing how Unreal works?

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Whats wrong with witcher 3 next gen optimization? I'm playing it right now and never found a problem. I'm not even half through it, does it get worse later?
Idk bout now but on launch it was buggy as hell for me, especially raytracing mode. The sky was always pink, blue or purple, and the grass was black. It looked worse and ran worse than the pre “upgrade” version. I heard it was fine on console though but I played on PC.

I'm sorry but that's like saying Bethesda is explosive diarrhea and CDPR is an intestinal blockage. They are both trash in technical proficiency.
It doesn’t matter that the game ran horribly for over a year, adding path tracing = technically proficient 🤷‍♂️ Even though it can only run on a $1500 gpu with upscaling

• brain
Reactions: Nhomnhom
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Idk bout now but on launch it was buggy as hell for me, especially raytracing mode. The sky was always pink, blue or purple, and the grass was black. It looked worse and ran worse than the pre “upgrade” version. I heard it was fine on console though but I played on PC.

It doesn’t matter that the game ran horribly for over a year, adding path tracing = technically proficient 🤷‍♂️ Even though it can only run on a $1500 gpu with upscaling
Lets ask the analyst 😂😂

• haha
Reactions: JAHGamer

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I never understood how relying on RT and even path tracing for their games made people think they are a technically proficient.

They couldn't even make the game run well on consoles, not even on current gen consoles.

It particularly not very impressive on a game like Cyberpunk that what ridden with so many terribly systems, regardless of your hardware. Anything related to driving, crowds, IA and physics was just pathetic. Even basic stuff like itemization was terrible.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I never understood how relying on RT and even path tracing for their games made people think they are a technically proficient.

They couldn't even make the game run well on consoles, not even on current gen consoles.

It particularly not very impressive on a game like Cyberpunk that what ridden with so many terribly systems, regardless of your hardware. Anything related to driving, crowds, IA and physics was just pathetic. Even basic stuff like itemization was terrible.
Yeah heard the AL was dumb asf.