Do you think Microsoft/Xbox has paid shills? Machinima/XB1 repeat

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
In 2015 Machinima was sued by the FTC for paying influencers on behalf of Microsoft/Xbox to promote the Xbox One without disclosing that they were paid. FTC won the lawsuit, and even though Microsoft wasn't directly punished, they did receive a formal warning.

I think this is happening again, so many YouTubers, streamers, and gaming influencers have suddenly become super pro Xbox this gen.

I remember the Vice President of IGN, Justin Davis, stated " I play an Xbox game literally every night". His gamertag was checked and people saw he hadn't been played on his Xbox in 2 weeks. Afterwards, he quickly made his Xbox profile private and accused the people of exposing him as "toxic". This isn't the only case of this happening, a few other big names I've noticed that have suddenly become Xbox superfans/defenders this generation are: Austin Evan, Kevin Kenson, Derick Strickland (DeekeTweak), Danny Pena, Parris Lily, MetalJesusRocks, Jeff Grubb, John Riggs, Alanah Pearce (Sony employee btw lmao), Tony Polanco, Gene Park , Digital Foundry team, Lamarr Wilson, and more.

Most recently: BenjiSales, GenkiJPN, ,and Chris Dring.

BenjiSales - a guy that covers gaming news and refused to report on the negative Xbox leaks because he "felt bad" for Xbox, yet he rushed to talk about TLOU2 factions being in development hell (rightfully so)

Chris Dring - covers UK/EU game sales and lied about Starfield selling better than FF16/RE4 and then when asked why said "add in GamePass numbers"

GenkiJPN - covers gaming topics related to Japan, was pretty fair in his discourse and then became very pro Xbox these last few weeks and acting as if year old AA JRPG ports to Xbox was some huge amazing success that "we" need to celebrate 😭

These 3 are the reason why I'm making this thread, beginning of the generation they were relatively normal folks, but now they've become irrational Xbox defenders. I highly doubt it's a coincidence

I think this is a repeat of the early XB1 generation and Xbox is 100% compensating influencers in some way, maybe not explicitly monetarily but other benefits.
Or I could just be wrong and paranoid lol

E1WorxPVUAMrcvE
E1WorxMVgAwBiTi

GenkiJPN with Phil Spencer after being invited to their TGS booth

F6tONTZboAAb-5I

Parris Lily acting as if his own mother was insulted when the Xbox leaks broke out, this is who Sony sends free products to.......

F6ad5JKW0AASflH

I don't even need to say anything about Austin Evans, one of the most egregious shills I've ever seen. Tried spreading FUD about the first PS5 revision, implying that it would have serious heating issues, and 2 years later obviously nothing is wrong with it. Instead of just admitting he was wrong he cried about how "Sony fanboys" were harassing him.... If anyone is in Microsoft's pocket, it's 100% this clown.

E-In-aXXsAEfWOA

Jeff Grubb gave Returnal a review score of 6 and admits that he didn't even complete the game before putting out his review

oBDh7EG.jpg

Still hilarious to me that Xbox had Lamarr Wilson do an "Xbox controller collection" video when they literally sent him all of these Xbox controllers for free 😂🤣

390582546468c2c476d9546cdb7e1882.png

FJg01yNUUAAMa0N

Fu-QXFCXgAc9PpA

BTW - these are just a few of the people that claim to be "neutral" , Microsoft also has a ton of people who are openly pro Xbox and don't try to hide it like Tom Warren, Jizz Corden, Destin Legarie, Ryan McCaffery, Klobrille, Culteastwood, Miles Dompier, Florian Mueller, MrMattyPlays. and a bunch more I'm too lazy to name. They also seem to have several gaming forum moderators in their pockets.

The worst part about this is, whenever you politely inform these people that they're spreading objective misinformation, they label you as "toxic" or "console warrior" and sic their weirdo obsessed followers on you. And Xbox 100% condones this as they have their executives following some of the worst fanboys in the space.

I'm convinced Xbox is back to their old tricks again, too bad the FTC probably has much better things to do than waste resources on gaming shills

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
In 2015 Machinima was sued by the FTC for paying influencers on behalf of Microsoft/Xbox to promote the Xbox One without disclosing that they were paid. FTC won the lawsuit, and even though Microsoft wasn't directly punished, they did receive a formal warning.

I think this is happening again, so many YouTubers, streamers, and gaming influencers have suddenly become super pro Xbox this gen.

I remember the Vice President of IGN, Justin Davis, stated " I play an Xbox game literally every night". His gamertag was checked and people saw he hadn't been played on his Xbox in 2 weeks. Afterwards, he quickly made his Xbox profile private and accused the people of exposing him as "toxic". This isn't the only case of this happening, a few other big names I've noticed that have suddenly become Xbox superfans/defenders this generation are: Austin Evan, Kevin Kenson, Derick Strickland (DeekeTweak), Danny Pena, Parris Lily, MetalJesusRocks, Jeff Grubb, John Riggs, Alanah Pearce (Sony employee btw lmao), Tony Polanco, Gene Park , Digital Foundry team, Lamarr Wilson, and more.

Most recently: BenjiSales, GenkiJPN, ,and Chris Dring.

BenjiSales - a guy that covers gaming news and refused to report on the negative Xbox leaks because he "felt bad" for Xbox, yet he rushed to talk about TLOU2 factions being in development hell (rightfully so)

Chris Dring - covers UK/EU game sales and lied about Starfield selling better than FF16/RE4 and then when asked why said "add in GamePass numbers"

GenkiJPN - covers gaming topics related to Japan, was pretty fair in his discourse and then became very pro Xbox these last few weeks and acting as if year old AA JRPG ports to Xbox was some huge amazing success that "we" need to celebrate 😭

These 3 are the reason why I'm making this thread, beginning of the generation they were relatively normal folks, but now they've become irrational Xbox defenders. I highly doubt it's a coincidence

I think this is a repeat of the early XB1 generation and Xbox is 100% compensating influencers in some way, maybe not explicitly monetarily but other benefits.
Or I could just be wrong and paranoid lol

E1WorxPVUAMrcvE
E1WorxMVgAwBiTi

GenkiJPN with Phil Spencer after being invited to their TGS booth

F6tONTZboAAb-5I

Parris Lily acting as if his own mother was insulted when the Xbox leaks broke out, this is who Sony sends free products to.......

F6ad5JKW0AASflH

I don't even need to say anything about Austin Evans, one of the most egregious shills I've ever seen. Tried spreading FUD about the first PS5 revision, implying that it would have serious heating issues, and 2 years later obviously nothing is wrong with it. Instead of just admitting he was wrong he cried about how "Sony fanboys" were harassing him.... If anyone is in Microsoft's pocket, it's 100% this clown.

E-In-aXXsAEfWOA

Jeff Grubb gave Returnal a review score of 6 and admits that he didn't even complete the game before putting out his review

oBDh7EG.jpg

Still hilarious to me that Xbox had Lamarr Wilson do an "Xbox controller collection" video when they literally sent him all of these Xbox controllers for free 😂🤣

390582546468c2c476d9546cdb7e1882.png

FJg01yNUUAAMa0N

Fu-QXFCXgAc9PpA

BTW - these are just a few of the people that claim to be "neutral" , Microsoft also has a ton of people who are openly pro Xbox and don't try to hide it like Tom Warren, Jizz Corden, Destin Legarie, Ryan McCaffery, Klobrille, Culteastwood, Miles Dompier, Florian Mueller, MrMattyPlays. and a bunch more I'm too lazy to name. They also seem to have several gaming forum moderators in their pockets.

The worst part about this is, whenever you politely inform these people that they're spreading objective misinformation, they label you as "toxic" or "console warrior" and sic their weirdo obsessed followers on you. And Xbox 100% condones this as they have their executives following some of the worst fanboys in the space.

I'm convinced Xbox is back to their old tricks again, too bad the FTC probably has much better things to do than waste resources on gaming shills
They obviously do , jizz condom , Florian shiller , tom Warren etc

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Absolutely. Not just youtube but industry people as well. Just look at the disproportionate amount of shilling vs the actual situation. If you go by social media, you'd think Xbox was the best thing ever, and not a 3rd place mediocre brand it is.

Their shills/influencers make any sort of conversation impossible. They're all over the place, including PS oriented sites, like Push Square. That place is infested. Reddit is a cult echo chamber that sees ANY criticism be met with a ban.

And then there's the worst of it, youtube and Twitter. Some of the biggest morons spread lies on it. Destin and colt being among the biggest.

On top of it all, they're the most toxic gaming fanbase now. Some incredibly mentally unstable people in their ranks. And Xbox management promotes creeps like that. You'll often find Greenberg, Xbox's head of marketing, riling up the worse of the fanbase. A few times to the point he had to delete his tweet because the things got so bad.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
These people are so spineless they don't need to get paid. They turn their belly up to Phil Spencer and he gives them a treat in the form of made up subscriber numbers.
The funniest one is Florian he pretends to be some big shot lawyer but is nothing but a corporate bootlcker that's been working for Microsoft for years , I mean he went to every court hearing for the Activision / Microsoft merger to 'report' ok it with his biased takes ... there's no way he wasn't paid to do that especially when he's from Germany or whatever no one's going to fly to the US & stay there for weeks to shill that hard 🤣

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
The funniest one is Florian he pretends to be some big shot lawyer but is nothing but a corporate bootlcker that's been working for Microsoft for years , I mean he went to every court hearing for the Activision / Microsoft merger to 'report' ok it with his biased takes ... there's no way he wasn't paid to do that especially when he's from Germany or whatever no one's going to fly to the US & stay there for weeks to shill that hard 🤣
Hope he doesn't see this & sue me 🤣🤣🤣

OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
On top of it all, they're the most toxic gaming fanbase now. Some incredibly mentally unstable people in their ranks. And Xbox management promotes creeps like that. You'll often find Greenberg, Xbox's head of marketing, riling up the worse of the fanbase. A few times to the point he had to delete his tweet because the things got so bad.
I know right, Xbox execs don't have an ounce of professionalism. Aaron Greenberg going as far as buying and wearing t shirts made by the worst fanboys, it's disgusting. Just goes to show that they don't know what they're doing and have no real oversight from Msft.
where DF morons?
I listed them but I should've added the pic lol, they've been exposed several times trying to cover up for Xbox during their analysis

That clown was critical in swaying public perception against the FTC/CMA. It's sad that if you wanted to get the latest news on the case, your only options were pretty much just Florian Mueller and Tom Warren, two massive shills. They controlled the entire narrative around that case.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly
OP
OP
JAHGamer

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
I know right, Xbox execs don't have an ounce of professionalism. Aaron Greenberg going as far as buying and wearing t shirts made by the worst fanboys, it's disgusting. Just goes to show that they don't know what they're doing and have no real oversight from Msft.

I listed them but I should've added the pic lol, they've been exposed several times trying to cover up for Xbox during their analysis

That clown was critical in swaying public perception against the FTC/CMA. It's sad that if you wanted to get the latest news on the case, your only options were pretty much just Florian Mueller and Tom Warren, two massive shills. They controlled the entire narrative around that case.
I heard he sucked Phil's dick while Sarah bond licked his arsehole & Aaron greenturd watched & wanked over it