Introducing PlayStation Stars, an all-new loyalty program celebrating players that’s free to join

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022

Interesting bits:

Once you become a member, you’ll earn rewards by completing a variety of campaigns and activities. Our “Monthly Check-In” campaign simply requires you to play any game to receive a reward, while other campaigns require you to win tournaments, earn specific trophies, or even be the first player to platinum a blockbuster title in your local time zone.
Once you become a member, you’ll earn rewards by completing a variety of campaigns and activities. Our “Monthly Check-In” campaign simply requires you to play any game to receive a reward, while other campaigns require you to win tournaments, earn specific trophies, or even be the first player to platinum a blockbuster title in your local time zone.
Also, as part of PlayStation Stars, we are unveiling a new type of reward called “digital collectibles.” Collectibles are as diverse as our portfolio of products and franchises. They are digital representations of things that PlayStation fans enjoy, including figurines of beloved and iconic characters from games and other forms of entertainment, as well as cherished devices that tap into Sony’s history of innovation. There will always be a new collectible to earn, an ultra rare collectible to strive for, or something surprising to collect just for fun
I'm in for the discounts.

Jaffe Loves it!

Last edited by a moderator:

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
FXoQD8jUUAAfPFL

play.st/3cextp6

- free to join
- get rewards by completing campaigns/activities/trophies etc.
- loyalty points can be redeemed (for PSN wallet funds for example)
- digital collectibles, including iconic characters "from games and other forms of entertainment"
- launching later this year

Last edited by a moderator:

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
5Lw.gif

Disgusting, playing a good game should be it's own reward.

This reminds me of daily quests or the Xbox folks that play games just to get reward like as if it was a job.

Something simple like getting a $10 credit for every $70 spent if you have PS+ would be much better.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: arvfab and Bryank75

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
7c2015886b28f3a6329ec248e98e0f4dbed79b95.png

Today, I’m pleased to reveal PlayStation Stars, a brand new loyalty program that celebrates you, the player, for being on this ever growing gaming journey with us. PlayStation Stars will be free to join when it launches later this year. Once you become a member, you’ll earn rewards by completing a variety of campaigns and activities. Our “Monthly Check-In” campaign simply requires you to play any game to receive a reward, while other campaigns require you to win tournaments, earn specific trophies, or even be the first player to platinum a blockbuster title in your local time zone.

All PlayStation Stars members will have opportunities to earn loyalty points. Points can be redeemed in a catalog that may include PSN wallet funds and select PlayStation Store products. As an additional benefit, PlayStation Plus members enrolled in PlayStation Stars automatically earn points for purchases on PlayStation Store.

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/0...stars-an-all-new-loyalty-program/#sf258509071

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
there are 3 topics, mods

The first time i read this i thought it said playstation all stars and got excited. This is cool too i guess

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
Swift_Star

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
5Lw.gif

This reminds me of daily quests or the Xbox folks that play games just to get reward like as if it was a job.

Something simple like getting a $10 credit for every $70 spent if you have PS+ would be much better.
I don't mind at all as long as I can get discounts for PS+ or new games. It's optional after all.

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
I don't mind at all as long as I can get discounts for PS+ or new games. It's optional after all.
I mind it, I would go even further and wipe out the trophy system completely, freeing people so that they can play their games any way they want while not worrying about a checklist. If there is one thing I respected about Nintendo was that they were reluctant to implement it on a system level until recently. This type of stuff is everything games should not be about.

How about instead of working on collectables or other garbage they work on PS3 native emulation, improving their classic library/emulators, etc?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Swift_Star

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I mind it, I would go even further and wipe out the trophy system, if there is one thing I respected about Nintendo was that they were reluctant to implement it on a system level until recently. This type of stuff is everything games should not be about.
Well, just not engange with it.

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I mind it, I would go even further and wipe out the trophy system completely, freeing people so that they can play their games any way they want while not worrying about a checklist. If there is one thing I respected about Nintendo was that they were reluctant to implement it on a system level until recently. This type of stuff is everything games should not be about.

Why would you? I don't give two damns about trophies btw, it's just not something I care. Some people like trophies, let them have it, and do like me - Ignore they exist.

How about instead of working on collectables or other garbage they work on PS3 native emulation, improving their classic library/emulators, etc?

Because usually there's teams to do each thing. I would find it very unlikely that the team working on their trophy system is the same team working on a PS3 emulator, if one is that is.

For a minute I thought this was like Xbox Ambassadors program, whew...

Same.

• haha
Reactions: Bryank75

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Exactly, trophies suck.

I love trophies even when i don’t really use them. It gave me motivation to keep playing HFW in post game. Sometimes its just a nice guide if you’re already enjoying the game to keep squeezing some more activities out of it.

This new program is going to be good, its free money. all these things are ultimately just designed to keep you on your Playstation longer

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
I love trophies even when i don’t really use them. It gave me motivation to keep playing HFW in post game. Sometimes its just a nice guide if you’re already enjoying the game to keep squeezing some more activities out of it.

This new program is going to be good, its free money. all these things are ultimately just designed to keep you on your Playstation longer
If trophies are what is giving you motivation to keep playing a game you should've dropped the game already.

Why do they want you to keep you engaged longer, what do they want to waste your time? Ultimately it comes down to money, so it's much better when the system is upfront about that. Give a discount for people that buy more games, problem solved, no need for more nonsense.

How about instead of asking you to log once a month they give you an actual decent reason log on anyway? This sort of mentality is exactly how Blizzard ruined WoW, treating their players like hamsters.

Why would you? I don't give two damns about trophies btw, it's just not something I care. Some people like trophies, let them have it, and do like me - Ignore they exist.
I have no option but if it was up to me, no, I would not let them have it, I would wipe it from existence and games would be much better for it.

Imagine reading books or watching movies worrying about achievements, absolutely disgusting. Another one of MS terrible contributions to gaming, they just have no taste. Sony fell for it while Nintendo was much wiser.

Last edited:
Reactions: TygerTrip

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
5Lw.gif

I think this is smart. No different than Mcirosoft Points for using Bing and Edge browser.

This actually gives incentives to complete games. People that are trophy hunters are going to love this.

Reactions: ethomaz and Sircaw
Status
Not open for further replies.