Introducing PlayStation Stars, an all-new loyalty program celebrating players that’s free to join

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
If trophies are what is giving you motivation to keep playing a game you should've dropped the game already.

Why do they want you to keep you engaged longer, what do they want to waste your time? Ultimately it comes down to money, so it's much better when the system is upfront about that. Give a discount for people that buy more games, problem solved, no need for more nonsense.

How about instead of asking you to log once a month they release a banger that will make you want to long on anyway? This sort of mentality is exactly how Blizzard ruined WoW, treating their players like hamsters.

I mean theres an endless ocean of games to play. Stay on your ps5 longer, download some and enjoy your time.

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The Digital Collectibles sound very intriguing to me. I'm excited to see that in action.

Discounts are a welcome addition too.

Reactions: Swift_Star

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
5Lw.gif

Disgusting, playing a good game should be it's own reward.

This reminds me of daily quests or the Xbox folks that play games just to get reward like as if it was a job.

Something simple like getting a $10 credit for every $70 spent if you have PS+ would be much better.
Strong reaction for something so harmless 😄

I think they want to make something like Nintendo points. You can get wallpapers, in-game items and other cool stuff from the Rewards. You can also save money on the eshop.

I never paid attention to the quest stuff on Xbox so not sure if it's like getting a second job with a time limit.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Strong reaction for something so harmless 😄

I think they want to make something like Nintendo points. You can get wallpapers, in-game items and other cool stuff from the Rewards. You can also save money the eshop.

I never paid attention to the quest stuff on Xbox so not sure if it's like getting a second job.

Its literally the only thing i love about the experience of engaging with the nintendo eco system.

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
I don't mind the idea, but I will wait till the launch to pass judgement. Let's see what kind of tasks and rewards they will have.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Ezekiel and Sircaw

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
I mean theres an endless ocean of games to play. Stay on your ps5 longer, download some and enjoy your time.
What does any of that has to do with what I was talking about? I'm not saying that there are no games, I'm saying this sort of artificial manipulation of engagement poisons the ecosystem and only leads to bad things in the long run as can be seen in certain gaming ecosystems.

It starts like this, but later you find yourself cheering the inclusion of Peppa Pig on a game library subscription service, counting the days until As Dusk Falls releases, you find yourself waking up in the middle of the night worried if you forgot to clock in for your daily quest reward or not.

vomit-jim-carrey.gif

Last edited:

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
What does any of that has to do with what I was talking about? I'm not saying that there are no games, I'm saying this sort of artificial manipulation of engagement poisons the ecosystem and only leads to bad things in the long run as can be seen in certain gaming ecosystems.

It starts like this, but later you find yourself cheering the inclusion of Peppa Pig on a game library subscription service, counting the days until As Dusk Falls releases, you find yourself waking up in the middle of the night worried if you forgot to clock in for your daily quest reward or not.

vomit-jim-carrey.gif

You realize Nintendo has this same reward system and no one acts like that, right?

Its truly the one thing I think Nintendo does right. When you go to pay for a game and realize just by virtue of spending money already in their eco system you get 4-7 bucks off another purchase. It’s harmless and you’re already 100% engaged with the playstation eco system so it only benefits you

With all the complaining about 70 dollar games this should feel like a windfall for most people

Last edited:

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
You realize Nintendo has this same reward system and no one acts like that, right?

Its truly the one thing I think Nintendo does right. When you go to pay for a game and realize just by virtue of spending money already in their eco system you get 4-7 bucks off another purchase. It’s harmless and you’re already 100% engaged with the playstation eco system so it only benefits you
That part is really good, that's exactly what I would like to see.

Collectibles? Check-ins? Rewards tied to trophies? No thanks.

Reactions: TygerTrip

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
That is awesome.

I just hope it is not like PS Rewards… I got a bunch but when I tried to redeem for a PSN card or game it never let me because my IP was from Brasil lol

Edit - It has NFT lol

Last edited:

kyliethicc

Knack Ambassador
21 Jun 2022
All PlayStation Stars members will have opportunities to earn loyalty points. Points can be redeemed in a catalog that may include PSN wallet funds and select PlayStation Store products. As an additional benefit, PlayStation Plus members enrolled in PlayStation Stars automatically earn points for purchases on PlayStation Store.

Potentially they can have this work so as you buy games on PSN, you’ll get like $5-$10 worth of points to put into your wallet.

Nintendo does something like that.

Could be cool, wait and see.

Also, these aren’t NFTs.

Another kind of reward Sony is offering is digital collectibles, which are 3D rendered representations of things like figurines of video game characters and past Sony devices. Some will be ultra rare and hard to obtain. They aren’t non-fungible tokens, despite also being digital and collectible.

“It’s definitely not NFTs. Definitely not. You can’t trade them or sell them. It is not leveraging any blockchain technologies and definitely not NFTs,” Chen said.

OP
OP
Swift_Star

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
That is awesome.

I just hope it is not like PS Rewards… I got a bunch but when I tried to redeem for a PSN card or game it never let me because my IP was from Brasil lol

Edit - It has NFC lol
It does? I haven’t seen this written anywhere.
Edit: saw it on Era and it has no NFT.

Status
Not open for further replies.