Is FFXVI made by the same pathetic director who made FFXIV?

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
That's the guy who made the horrible MMO?
Is that why XVI looks pathetic.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
No its not made by the same guy.
Its made by the guy that came in and fixed everything after the terrible launch.

"Taking over as the new Producer/Director is Naoki Yoshida, a relatively obscure industry individual by his own words. Joining Yoshida is the new Assistant Director Shintaro Tamai (FFX, Front Mission 5: Scars of the War), Nobuaki Komoto (FFIX, FFXI) moves into the position of Lead Game Designer, Lead Combat System Designer Akihiko Matsui (FFXI) and a number of others. Square Enix hopes that the move will get FFXIV back on track and help meet player expectations."

On another note i think Final Fantasy 16 looks great and i will be buying it

OP
OP
Oogabooga

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
No its not made by the same guy.
Its made by the guy that came in and fixed everything after the terrible launch.

"Taking over as the new Producer/Director is Naoki Yoshida, a relatively obscure industry individual by his own words. Joining Yoshida is the new Assistant Director Shintaro Tamai (FFX, Front Mission 5: Scars of the War), Nobuaki Komoto (FFIX, FFXI) moves into the position of Lead Game Designer, Lead Combat System Designer Akihiko Matsui (FFXI) and a number of others. Square Enix hopes that the move will get FFXIV back on track and help meet player expectations."

On another note i think Final Fantasy 16 looks great and i will be buying it
Have you lost your mind? You wouldn't be buying this pathetic mediocre hack and slash game if you ever experienced the greatness of FF7 and FF10. This is insanity.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Have you lost your mind? You wouldn't be buying this pathetic mediocre hack and slash game if you ever experienced the greatness of FF7 and FF10. This is insanity.
I experienced them both and Im happy they are finally going back to their roots before FF10–7 and even 6. Medieval fantasy.

If they get the combat right, good action combat system, ( the combat designer is from DMC ) then I trust the director to get the rest right. He fixed FF14 and the stories are some of the best FF stuff

OP
OP
Oogabooga

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
I experienced them both and Im happy they are finally going back to their roots before FF10–7 and even 6. Medieval fantasy.

If they get the combat right, good action combat system, ( the combat designer is from DMC ) then I trust the director to get the rest right. He fixed FF14 and the stories are some of the best FF stuff
FFXVI doesn't look or feel like a Final Fantasy game, heck it doesn't even feel like a game. it looks like a random movie that they didn't think would sell during the pandemic, so they slapped "game" code around it instead.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
FFXVI doesn't look or feel like a Final Fantasy game, heck doesn't even feel like a game. it looks like a random movie that they didn't think would sell during the pandemic, so they slapped "game" code around it instead.

Alot of fans would say FF7, 8, 10 didnt look like a FF game either at the time. FF16 setting is more classic FF setting compared to alot of them, closer to 1-5.
Its just a different take. Im glad its not futurist this time round, even though I love most FF’s. Next time Ill happy with a FF7/8/10 look or feel.

At the end of the day we just have to wait and see. The director I trust, the setting Im happy with, all just depends on how good the combat is, which looks better than 15 For sure.
So I would of also enjoyed a classic turn based system, but Im interested in them trying the action combt at least one more time. FF15 was half arsed.

FF14 stories and characters are pretty decent bud. I trust his writing more so than Nomura or alot of the others.

Reactions: EDMIX
OP
OP
Oogabooga

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
Alot of fans would say FF7, 8, 10 didnt look like a FF game either at the time. FF16 setting is more classic FF setting compared to alot of them, closer to 1-5.
Its just a different take. Im glad its not futurist this time round, even though I love most FF’s. Next time Ill happy with a FF7/8/10 look or feel.

At the end of the day we just have to wait and see. The director I trust, the setting Im happy with, all just depends on how good the combat is, which looks better than 15 For sure.
So I would of also enjoyed a classic turn based system, but Im interested in them trying the action combt at least one more time. FF15 was half arsed.

FF14 stories and characters are pretty decent bud. I trust his writing more so than Nomura or alot of the others.
the combat is gonna be great 👍 trust me bro. No tactics or strategy required, can't control party members, hold X for lame cinematic cutscene summons attacks. Yeah this game is gonna be great for sure, I can smell the flop coming in light speed 💀

Also Where are the sick drips and hairstyles? How do you go from Tifa and Yuna to these generic female characters designs?
final-fantasy-xvi.jpg

ff15_characters_jill_warwick.jpg

How is anybody who is an original FF fan
is hyped for this mediocrity is beyond me 💀🤞

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
That's the guy who made the horrible MMO?
Is that why XVI looks pathetic.
It is the same director that saved FFXIV and made it one of the best MMOs ever created.

The Reborn, event he created to move from that failure to a new version, is something so memorable and amazing that I don’t think it will happens again.

After that FFXIV success become unstoppable.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
FFXVI doesn't look or feel like a Final Fantasy game, heck it doesn't even feel like a game. it looks like a random movie that they didn't think would sell during the pandemic, so they slapped "game" code around it instead.
Wut?

FFXIV is more FF than any main title released in the last two decades.

OP
OP
Oogabooga

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
( the combat designer is from DMC )
Except this is not why people became fans of the franchise in the first place, If I want to play hack and slash I would just buy DMC. Why this franchise has to become hack and slash is something I will never understand
giphy.webp

24 Jun 2022
OP got to be trolling..

My thoughts exactly. This has to be a parody thread.

I'm honestly genuinely disappointed 😞 final fantasy was the reason why I even loved gaming in the first place when I was so young.

Times change, standards change and markets change. You aren't getting a turn-based JRPG for a current-gen system with the production values of a FF XVI unless it ditches that turn-based design. Those are just facts.

And before someone says "But Persona! But Dragon Quest!", neither of those have had production values at the level of FF for over a decade. Not saying they aren't AAA games, but they're on the lower end of that scale compared to a Final Fantasy when it comes to technical scope and that's just obvious.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Why are some people simply unable to let go of turn based combat? Or failing that, why not criticize jrpg devs for not sufficiently innovating on turn-based combat to where it feels modern and fresh? Every good combat system that has come out of Japan in the last 20 years has incorporated some sort of real-time system, even the original ff7's atb system is not traditionally turn-based as if you don't select a command your turn gets skipped. Give me ff7 remake combat every day over some "not even a real final fantasy" purist's idea of game mechanics.

You want me to enjoy turn based combat? How about letting go of lazy menu trees? Outdated af UI? Implementing tactical/actual combat space and movement? Grandia has existed for what, like 23 years, yet imo not a single turn-based jrpg dev has surpassed that system.

OP
OP
Oogabooga

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
My thoughts exactly. This has to be a parody thread.

Times change, standards change and markets change. You aren't getting a turn-based JRPG for a current-gen system with the production values of a FF XVI unless it ditches that turn-based design. Those are just facts.

And before someone says "But Persona! But Dragon Quest!", neither of those have had production values at the level of FF for over a decade. Not saying they aren't AAA games, but they're on the lower end of that scale compared to a Final Fantasy when it comes to technical scope and that's just obvious.
Using an already existing assets from a pathetic MMO isn't a high production value LMAO. there is nothing about this game that is high production value, like when Final Fantasy used to put a new standard for tech back then.
Final-Fantasy-XVI-Clive.jpeg
low HD texture and no details is now high production value in 2022 🤣 Naughty Dog can give squeeze enix a run for their money. Also This isn't an excuse when FF X HD that's not even a new entry sold over 5 mils. This is a proof a good game would still sell regardless, but Square enix just sucks at making games now, they didn't even bother to put effort on these generic characters design.
ffxvi.jpg

• haha
Reactions: PlacidusaX

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Bro think JPop hair and uwu girls is good character design