Is FFXVI made by the same pathetic director who made FFXIV?

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Using an already existing assets from a pathetic MMO isn't a high production value LMAO. there is nothing about this game that is high production value, like when Final Fantasy used to put a new standard for tech back then.
Final-Fantasy-XVI-Clive.jpeg
low HD texture and no details is now high production value in 2022 🤣 Naughty Dog can give squeeze enix a run for their money. Also This isn't an excuse when FF X HD that's not even a new entry sold over 5 mils. This is a proof a good game would still sell regardless, but Square enix just sucks at making games now, they didn't even bother to put effort on these generic characters design.
ffxvi.jpg
How's the unspoken demo going for you? it was one of your most anticipated games.

OP
OP
Oogabooga

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
How's the unspoken demo going for you? it was one of your most anticipated games.
I have played it and It's not good. I'm Hoping all their upcoming games flop and they go bankrupt for disrespecting their original fans.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I have played it and It's not good. I'm Hoping all their upcoming games flop and they go bankrupt for disrespecting their original fans.

You have to be trolling? I MEAN Forspoken looks like its the last title Luminous will produce using their own engine. But when talking about Final Fantasy you are in the small ass minority.

So far FF14 is doing amazing, FF7R was fantastic, FF7 Crisis core reunion I hear is great for a remake/remaster of a psp game. FF16 I already have preordered that game looks like they took the cues from FF7R combat and added more.

You are in the minority.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
They lost me completely with FFX. Played 15… terrible game and absolute cringe. Played FF7… mediocrity at its prettiest.

I played 14 for about a year. Good game. Great soundtrack.

I am convinced FF16 will save the IP. For starters… the male lead doesn’t look like a 100lb girl.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
They lost me completely with FFX. Played 15… terrible game and absolute cringe. Played FF7… mediocrity at its prettiest.

I am convinced FF16 will save the IP. For starters… the male lead doesn’t look like a 100lb girl.
What didn't you like about FFX?

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
You have to be trolling? I MEAN Forspoken looks like its the last title Luminous will produce using their own engine. But when talking about Final Fantasy you are in the small ass minority.

So far FF14 is doing amazing, FF7R was fantastic, FF7 Crisis core reunion I hear is great for a remake/remaster of a psp game. FF16 I already have preordered that game looks like they took the cues from FF7R combat and added more.

You are in the minority.
i don't take him seriously. doesn't look like he is a gamer at all.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
What didn't you like about FFX?

I'll add on to @Vertigo , I liked the combat system with you being able to switch characters in and out lineup wise during battle. I thought there was some good characters in that game, but the big reveal that you were basically a dream? Was fucking stupid. ANd the fact they made a spinoff to complete the story really was dumb in my opinion.

OP
OP
Oogabooga

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022

Majority of the original fanbase thinks the exact opposite. Agreed about FF15 it's horrible.

i don't take him seriously. doesn't look like he is a gamer at all.
Lmao WHAT!!! I have been gaming since the 90s. Based on what are you making this assumption? Because I want my final fantasy to look like a Final Fantasy not Devil may cry? Hopefully they will make GOW a shooter game, so you know how it feels. 😈

Last edited:

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I expect the combat to be above and beyond any of the action ff’s released period. FF14 needed to stand on its combat heavily. I have faith in this team to take that expertise and create a killer combat system. FF7r’s combat is by the numbers and pales in comparison to something like Tales of arise. I actually thought 15’s combat was better than 7r’s but everything else about that game was …. Meh. Listen I kinda enjoyed it more than 7r … but… that game is a mess lol.

I believe. FF16 will be more than just a return to form. It’s the much needed savior.

FFx took the series in a direction I pretty much loathed. Felt more like pop culture games and anime gone melodramatically off the rails. I checked out for sure; 13 tripled down on this. I didn’t like tidus. Classic Ff9 ended for me with the absolutely stellar FF9.

It honestly took 14 to bring me back in. Actual zones to explore; actual purposeful combat and gear. Absolutely tremendous soundtrack. Great game. I’ve only heard it’s gotten better with narrative but I approve from gameplay alone.

LETS GO!

Last edited:

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I have only played one ff and that was no7 the remake.

The cringe was a bit over the top, other than that, to me it was an amazing game.

Reactions: Oogabooga

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Has anyone made an App that gives people JPop hair? Just had this idea reading the comments....

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I have only played one ff and that was no7 the remake.

The cringe was a bit over the top, other than that, to me it was an amazing game.
remember, when the game was release. maybe only cringe they had in that time :D

• party
Reactions: Sircaw
OP
OP
Oogabooga

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
I know Final Fantasy might be cringe for some, because of the flashy outfits and hairstyles, The over top dialogue, but for me that's what made it appealing in the first place. This is why so many people like this series. It was refreshing, Not every franchise needs to be serious like The last of us 0.2 (and i like the last of us) it makes me even more sad that there's litterally no alternative for Final Fantasy. I tried Persona and so many other JRPGs and didn't end up liking them. This is just depressing, I guess I just need to forget new entries of this franchise exist and just keep playing the old games for the nostalgia.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Why are some people simply unable to let go of turn based combat? Or failing that, why not criticize jrpg devs for not sufficiently innovating on turn-based combat to where it feels modern and fresh? Every good combat system that has come out of Japan in the last 20 years has incorporated some sort of real-time system, even the original ff7's atb system is not traditionally turn-based as if you don't select a command your turn gets skipped. Give me ff7 remake combat every day over some "not even a real final fantasy" purist's idea of game mechanics.

You want me to enjoy turn based combat? How about letting go of lazy menu trees? Outdated af UI? Implementing tactical/actual combat space and movement? Grandia has existed for what, like 23 years, yet imo not a single turn-based jrpg dev has surpassed that system.
Probably because games with an action combat system is really bad.

Grandia combat system is still stellar compared with actual action RPG games.

Man I need to play Grandia again… sadly nobody do a port to actual consoles.

OP
OP
Oogabooga

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022

At this point Square Enix lacks an identity, just hopping on whatever trendy in the west, and the west isn't even buying it. poor slaves.

Reactions: ethomaz

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

That will keep me busy for a few hours...

I was hoping it would take some of the heat off FFXVI but Ooga hasn't lost his focus... fair play!

• haha
Reactions: Oogabooga

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Except this is not why people became fans of the franchise in the first place, If I want to play hack and slash I would just buy DMC. Why this franchise has to become hack and slash is something I will never understand
giphy.webp

Yeah but why not, if its good it will be great. It can’t be worse than FF15

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
the combat is gonna be great 👍 trust me bro. No tactics or strategy required, can't control party members, hold X for lame cinematic cutscene summons attacks. Yeah this game is gonna be great for sure, I can smell the flop coming in light speed 💀

Also Where are the sick drips and hairstyles? How do you go from Tifa and Yuna to these generic female characters designs?
final-fantasy-xvi.jpg

ff15_characters_jill_warwick.jpg

How is anybody who is an original FF fan
is hyped for this mediocrity is beyond me 💀🤞

Because many fans havent been happy with FF since FF9. Its worth a try. Dont want to buy it, wait till the next FF.
Im glad FF has finally gone back to a classic style setting, has a good director and the combat is looking better than FF15.

And Ive always preferred either full on tactics ( SF, FFTactics, Disgaea) or action combat compared to turned based combat. So Ill be happy if they can pull it off.
I get why you upset but at least its looking better than FF15 and has a classic setting. I was tired of futuristic FF’s with Nomura designs. The next one I look forward to being whatever with turn based combat.

Reactions: Vertigo

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

I disagree, action combat is not bad at all. In fact I agree with the square enix devs that real time action systems mesh better with high fidelity/more realistic graphics. I haven't heard any good arguments from turn based apologists on how it's a superior system to action combat. You can be just as strategic in real time as you can in turn based combat (only exception is large squads like in tactics games).