Is there any book that you'd like to see made into a video-game?

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Is there any book you've read or seen an adaption of, that would make a great game? How would you see it translate into a genre?

James and the Giant Peach? Witches? Dune? To Kill a Mockingbird?

Hit us with your ideas. Throw out some wild ideas, don't be afraid!

spielberg GIF

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
The Game - Niel Straus. A turn of the millennium dating SIM

Sapiens - Yuval Noah Herari (sp) seventh quest evolution meets mega-lo-mania meets command and conquer.

Macbeth - Willy Shakespeare. Broken sword style point and click adventure.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
The Dark Tower would be epic.

I know there is the Telltale game, but a Mass Effect-like The Expanse game.

We always play as Sherlock Holmes or Poirot, but an Arsène Lupin game could be interesting.

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Maybe I'm just not creative enough but I can never picture them being turned into a game having a positive outcome.

It feel like games need a very different approach to storytelling for the gameplay to fit.

Reactions: Bryank75
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Actually, Farcry 3 really reminded me of The Beach for some reason. Just remember thinking that way back when I played it.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Redwall would be a good family friendly game series. Would like to see the Death Gate Cycle universe in a game, although I think the magic system would be a little tough to translate to a game. The universe of the Hyperion series would be cool to get an RTS game on, or maybe a 3rd person exploration game like Myst (obviously couldn't take place in the same timescale of the books)

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I'm still surprised about the absence of a The Hunger Games video game, with all the battle royals being popular.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Just the first few books they kinda went off the rails later
Thousands of pages read and I loved most of them I think I read the first 7/8 books. Loved the Rahl and Mother confessor storyline and ohhhh mord-sith wow loved it!

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
For me, His Dark Materials (by Philip Pullman, you know, the Golden Compass series?)

1984 by Kojima
Imagine a narrative-driven, first-person dystopian stealth game

Reactions: Airbus

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
I always felt someone could make an interesting On a Pale Horse game where you're tasked with going around and tending to people as they die. You have a no-clipping horse that turns into a corvette and a bunch of other cool gadgets, and the story is really fun and interesting.

51Tp4CaBjgL._SL500_.jpg