Is there any book that you'd like to see made into a video-game?

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
1984 by Kojima
Imagine a narrative-driven, first-person dystopian stealth game
As a 1984 and Kojima fan that idea is repulsive.

Devs are free to take inspiration for such books without actually making it a direct adaptation. Half-Life 2 for example takes a lot of inspiration from 1984.

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
1. The Lord of The Ring
2. Blade Runner
3. Narnia
4. Goblin Slayer
5. Wizard of Oz
6. Pirates of Caribbean
7. Gundam
8. Transformers
9. It
10. Independence Day

quest4441

27 Feb 2024
I would kill for a game based on the Foundation series or an actual good AAAA LoTR rpg. Getting games based on Where Eagles Dare and Guns of Navarone would epic as well, Alistair Maclean books would translate well to good co-op shooter games

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
WITCHER, there's still a lot more of the Witcher world to explore

Snow Crash also

quest4441

27 Feb 2024
The Middle Earth Shadow games exist and both games are masterpieces
I was more talking about playing the elven part of the equation, It would be awesome if we could play an LoTR rpg with legolas or aragon as protagonists.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
I think there's something to The Shining but incorporating more things from the book. Hallucination scenes, lion statue boss fight, reality bending ghost/witch and bar, the maze, temperature and insanity meters, Jack stalking through the hotel like Jack Baker, finding notes or artifacts to the Native American background to the hotel, or newspaper clippings to previous killers and theirs redone as a level or sequence. It could be very RE2 Remake/Splatterhouse-y

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
The battles are secondary to me than the choices/cutscenes and gags, in this instance I would sorta like a mobile game auto fast forward/auto win fights button.

... And not a book for the thread, sorry, but I'd love it if all long running cartoons like Simpsons or futurama would get the South Park Stick Of Truth treatment.

quest4441

27 Feb 2024
There are some fantasy Chinese novels I would like to see in videogame form.
yeah a martial god asura or one of those jin yong novels would also work very well. I think there is a game based on Jin Yong's novel in development

Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
yeah a martial god asura or one of those jin yong novels would also work very well. I think there is a game based on Jin Yong's novel in development
I tried a time ago find games but all of them are in Chinese so I give up :D

I found some on iOS… I just don’t remember from which novel.

quest4441

27 Feb 2024
I tried a time ago find games but all of them are in Chinese so I give up :D

I found some on iOS… I just don’t remember from which novel.
xuanyuan sword 7 , gujian 3 and sword and fairy 7 are all pretty good wuxia/martial arts games if you looking for games in english. I searched they are making a new game Code: To Jin Yong in UE5 so hype for that game

Reactions: ethomaz

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Oh god no lol, martial god asura would be a shitty game

quest4441

27 Feb 2024
Oh god no lol, martial god asura would be a shitty game
Lol whats there not to like, create your own harem, insult npc's with "your father.." type of quotes, have defeated opponents do the classic chinese humiliation ritual of crawling under your crotch :ROFLMAO:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Lol whats there not to like, create your own harem, insult npc's with "your father.." type of quotes, have defeated opponents do the classic chinese humiliation ritual of crawling under your crotch :ROFLMAO:
you thought ubisoft games were boring and repetitive

guess what, you thought you were powerful? well guess what, there's actually this OTHER martial realm where you're bumfuck no one, and all the same tropes repeat over and over. but wait! with the power of your asspull plot armor that i made the fuck up like 1.5 chapters ago, you're actually secretly OP, but just wait til some dude decides to disrespect you and shit

no ty