Is Until Dawn going to be a disaster?

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
See this is where you're partially right, but it's not just remakes and remasters. Projects can't continue to get greenlit at all with rising budgets if they're going to be exclusive.

No Sony game has ever sold 30 million units. They barely top 20 million. As budgets continue to rise, risks continue to rise along with them, and margins diminish.

You don't like games going to PC (for whatever weird reason), but ignoring that, PC is a pretty small part of the puzzle here. You don't think Sony knows how much PC ports cost or how much they're getting back from PC ports? They absolutely do. So there is a disconnect somewhere where you can't bridge that PC ports are profitable for them, but that doesn't mean their entire strategy is around PC ports.

Why are you leaving out Helldivers, possibly their best-selling game of all time?

Concord was a flop on PS5 as well.

HFW, Ragnarok, e.t.c. is all about transmedia. Do you deny this? Can you tell me what happened to sales of Fallout games on Steam after the TV show came out?

You've got to put your agenda and bias against PC aside.
I almost wish Helldivers didn't come out so you would stop using it as a shield for any criticism. 10 projects are failing one after the other, nothing but headaches but "oh! Helldivers!" as if that erases the weekly damage and controversy.

I hope Sony is not as blind as you and look at each project and strategy separately (as they should).

No publisher needs to sell 30 millions before they greenlight a project. Sony was fine with 20 millions believe me. They will never reach these numbers again after losing all that momentum. It's gone.

How is that 10k copies of Until Dawn going btw 🤡

Exicide

Veteran
2 Feb 2024
You don't like games going to PC (for whatever weird reason), but ignoring that, PC is a pretty small part of the puzzle here. You don't think Sony knows how much PC ports cost or how much they're getting back from PC ports? They absolutely do. So there is a disconnect somewhere where you can't bridge that PC ports are profitable for them, but that doesn't mean their entire strategy is around PC ports.

Why are you leaving out Helldivers, possibly their best-selling game of all time?

Concord was a flop on PS5 as well.

HFW, Ragnarok, e.t.c. is all about transmedia. Do you deny this? Can you tell me what happened to sales of Fallout games on Steam after the TV show came out?

You've got to put your agenda and bias against PC aside.
I don't think that's possible for him to do. He's hella against PC and he even disingenuously doesn't mention the single-player games that sell better on PC than any other platform. You're right, why did he decide to leave HD2 out, they're fastest-selling and best-selling game of all time? Simple, because it doesn't fit his narrative.

Concord was a massive flop everywhere but he seems to want blame PC for everything bad that Sony does. In another thread he was treating them like royalty and saying that PC gamers are "ungrateful cunts."

Fallout sales had a massive boost after the series released.