It looks like ExoPrimal could be Capcoms first big miss in a while!

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I mean it was obvious when it was on Game Pass Day 1 as a full-priced release and you had green rats hyping it.

There's zero interest for this game anywhere else. It will die faster than that free Resident Evil multiplayer game.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
This is one game that might actually have more players on Xbox since no one in their right mind would spend money on this…

• haha
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Acquiescence

2 Oct 2022
Not that I expect Exoprimal to be a masterpiece or anything, but surely it's better to wait for more impressions to roll in before making this kind of claim.

Reactions: Yurinka
OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
come on, man, get a grip.

Calm Down Get It Together GIF by Britannia

We're all here for the discussion. The reference to him is just to start the chat.... it doesn't mean much beyond that. It's an opinion, you can ignore it.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Not that I expect Exoprimal to be a masterpiece or anything, but surely it's better to wait for more impressions to roll in before making this kind of claim.
100% agree.

The personal opinion of a single random youtuber that I never saw before doesn't mean anything to me. I want to see the metacritic and several proper full reviews.

Reactions: Bryank75

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Calm Down Get It Together GIF by Britannia

We're all here for the discussion. The reference to him is just to start the chat.... it doesn't mean much beyond that. It's an opinion, you can ignore it.
We all know that the critics will go easy on it because it's "free on gamepass". Easy +10 metacritic from that alone.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Another GAAS casualty in the making? We shall see. Many more to go, and closer to home too.

Don't worry, there are not enough bodies yet to reach critical mass failure industry wide before these execs get a clue just yet. A big pub going under or in dire straights is usually the trigger - specially of a Western nature - for the big public splash. And so devs will continue to try to ram their heads into the GAAS wall. It's the hot fad now. You had the mascot platform fad, the shooter fad, now the GAAS model. Those that do make it will eventually displace established GAAS titles in some way or another - sooner or later - which ultimately results in massive layoffs even the biggest of the AAAs studios can't compare to.

All part of the failing process.

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Day one on Gamepass, if it s not a big miss I will be surprised. Looks bad and uninspired like the average GaaS these days.

Is it Co-op? It feels like every co-op game not named Diablo has been flopping since L4D released yet devs love to bet in games like these.