Jan 2024 U.S. Video Game Market Highlights Circana. Best selling hardware. PS5 tracking ahead of PS4 LTD by 7%. Top 20 games.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yes, Europe seems to be the territory. Higher prices, less disposable income than US households and high inflation over the past two years.

There has also been less stock available compared to US, which was a strategic decision when supply was limited.

There are some discounts now in parts of Europe though, let's see if it can improve things!
Great, thnks all.

24 Jun 2022
These stats directly contradicts the thread from Mat yesterday about console sales dying.

PS5 is actually selling more than PS4, it's Xbox that is dying. He knew that already when he made that statement making people think BOTH consoles are underperforming. What a fucking asshole. Another one paid by MS like Chris Dring. We can't trust any of them.

Keep in mind, when he said "console" he probably meant to really say "Xbox", but for various reasons can't just come out and say it. Because while the Switch's gradual tapering-off of sales makes sense given its age, the Series' hard drop in sales despite being as young as the PS5 makes no sense whatsoever except if Microsoft's console platform itself is in a serious decline.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Love to see those homegrown games killing it. Sony knows to keep investing in those! Ppl say we shouldn't play or worry about sales, thts the dumbest angle I've seen as a Haber, of course you should. Without sakes those games die rip Resistance :(
TBH nothing was selling big numbers until Uncharted 2 that generation, and it was mostly ND games and Gran Turismo games. God of War 3 sold like 5 million?

I think when people say games like Jak n Daxter, Sly Cooper, Resistance, Kill Zone are dead and didnt sell enough, dont realise that 1st party games outside GT didnt sell more than 5million back then.

Jak n Daxter, God of War 1&2 both sold 4+ million on PS2. Everything else was the big 3rd party exclusives like MGS2/3, GTA, FFX, Tekken outside of Gran Turismo.

Thats why I think games like Resistance, Killzone, Jak n Daxter etc should be given another chance in this day and age. They would sell bigger numbers now.

People saying they are dead ips have no idea. No reason why Resistance, Killzone, and Jak n Daxter cant make a profit and be good returning titles.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Come on Europe pull your weight!

My friend just bought a PS5 last week lol. He bought Spiderman 2 with it as he’s a big Spiderman fan.
He hasnt gamed since early PS4 and even then not properly, we use to play PS1-PS3 alot.

Street Fighter 4 and Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle cars (Rocket League prequel) was out jam on PS3
I told him to buy FF7 Rebirth. We played the original together back on the PS1. He’ll probably pick up SF6 and I mentioned Helldrivers 2 to him

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
My friend just bought a PS5 last week lol. He hasnt gamed since early PS4 and even then not properly, we use to play PS1-PS3 alot.
I told him to buy FF7Rebith. We played the original back on PS1 together.
did you tell him to get the twin pack that has remake p1 included for free?

D

Deleted member 223

That list is decent variety wise. Some months, specially when stacked with crappy sport games you gotta shake your head.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
These stats directly contradicts the thread from Mat yesterday about console sales dying.

PS5 is actually selling more than PS4, it's Xbox that is dying. He knew that already when he made that statement making people think BOTH consoles are underperforming. What a fucking asshole. Another one paid by MS like Chris Dring. We can't trust any of them.
its pathetic, I expect that bs from Jez and Destin, not Mat and Chris.... either they were paid off or were tired of being bullied by Xbox fanboys

Nice to see GT7 in the charts, that game will have long legs.
Also good to see TLOU2 and Spiderman 2 in the top 10
GT7 and Ragnarok both have great legs and neither have been on deep discounts. But Ragnarok PC port this year will tank sales due to being available to pirate

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

His flip flopping ass.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
GT7 only tracking behind GT3 is amazing.
And Mat said it will eventually surpass GT3 this year.

And people were worried about it sales :D
Not surprise the same happened with GTS where people said it was a failure and when Sony dropped the data they were all shocked.
The game is probably over 10 million worldwide already.

The only game that sold not in Gran Turismo sales standard was GT6 for a lot of reasons.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

I replied to him saying that 2 of the 3 consoles where still doing amazing.
They console industry is not doom just because one players can't grow even after 2 decades.

My exact reply and his weird reply lol

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
GT7 only tracking behind GT3 is amazing.
And Mat said it will eventually surpass GT3 this year.

And people were worried about it sales :D
Not surprise the same happened with GTS where people said it was a failure and when Sony dropped the data they were all shocked.
The game is probably over 10 million worldwide already.

The only game that sold not in Gran Turismo sales standard was GT6 for a lot of reasons.
Yes and I night all of them even though I'm not a huge racing fan. I like to support what they are doing because it's quality.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Nobody's mentioned it yet but it looks like MK1 turned the corner and has legs. I was wondering if was going to be DOA after the disappointing launch.

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022
PS4 (November 2013 - January 2017)

2013 : 2.003.000
2014 : 4.702.000
2015 : 5.736.000
2016 : 5.147.000
2017 : 211.000 (Jan)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ethomaz