Japan Hardware and Software sales ( July 10 - July 16)

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
If it runs smoothly then Ill be interested. Overall Im just not big on portable gaming anymore. My switch is 99% docked. I played it once in portable mode and felt like I was missing out on the big screen lol

Same, my switch only left the dock for triangle strategy and animal crossing. I’ll probably never take my project q anywhere outside my house if i get one

Reactions: Kokoloko

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
and we've seen nudity and blood in non anime games on playstation, so whatever is going on in japan is there on doing as it doesn't affect anything else.
like i said, sony allows nudity and blood on their platform so whatever is going on with japanese devs is there fault.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It's not just about hentai games or even sexual content, they've even gone as far as censoring blood and gore on games already rated for Mature. If you're ok with being treated like a baby, then you're part of the problem.

Little stuff like this is objectively ridiculous and enough to make people leave your platform or buy games on competing platforms. (Game is Alice Gears Aegis)

alice-gear-aegis-cs-censorship-03-08-2023.jpg
What I'm looking here except the difference position of the character and the gears being in a different form?

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
You guys ignoring the larger issue to defend your favorite brand is the reason why Sony been going downhill the last 5 years

If this is downhill then I can’t wait for it to go uphill again.

Last 5 years have given me the best gaming I’ve ever had in my life on playstation and it shows in the sales. Sorry if my taste and opinions don’t align with the current taste of japanese consumers halfway around the world

Reactions: riesgoyfortuna

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
You guys ignoring the larger issue to defend your favorite brand is the reason why Sony been going downhill the last 5 years
Downhill?

We have a lot of issues with some Sony decisions.

But one thing is clear… in the last five years they increased the brand power to a next level… PlayStation today is way bigger than what it was five years ago and the thing is not stopping soon form the look of it.

PS5 record breaking success are making people realize PS4 success was not that big at all.

sugarbetik

Banned
30 Jun 2023
It's really wild with the upcoming Pikmin 4, Super Mario Wonder, Super Mario RPG, a new Momotaro Densetsu game, and a Dragon Quest Monster game, Final Fantasy XVI could potentially not even chart in the top 10 best selling games in Japan for 2023.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Which is?

Consoles are just budget PCs anymore.

Naaa PC's are just bad value consoles.... with shader compile issues.

Honestly though, windows, restarts, issues with games performance etc at launch and long after..... just the plethora of issues. Console is just less of a headache.

I can understand why people studying computers, making content, wanting to make games or benchmarking / modding would go the PC route, it makes infinite sense. But if you're simply a straight up gamer...console respects your time and money more I feel.

Physical options are important too.... I think the latest European figures showed physical is still quite huge there.

Reactions: Umar

Banana

10 Jan 2023
Naaa PC's are just bad value consoles.... with shader compile issues.

Honestly though, windows, restarts, issues with games performance etc at launch and long after..... just the plethora of issues. Console is just less of a headache.

I can understand why people studying computers, making content, wanting to make games or benchmarking / modding would go the PC route, it makes infinite sense. But if you're simply a straight up gamer...console respects your time and money more I feel.

Physical options are important too.... I think the latest European figures showed physical is still quite huge there.
I literally have none of those issues on PC.

But yeah for budget gamers and casuals a console is probably better. Especially if they don't already have a PC.

If you have a good PC, then the value proposition is there.

Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I literally have none of those issues on PC.

But yeah for budget gamers and casuals a console is probably better. Especially if they don't already have a PC.

If you have a good PC, then the value proposition is there.

They suit different situations.... I wouldnt want to be on a windows device all day, I used to work on excel and hated it.

Consoles are great this gen for all types of gamers but if you have time and interest in things beyond straight gaming..... things like modding, benchmarking, development of games and content creation etc then I agree PC makes sense.

I would point though that Remnant 2 is the latest game to have issues on PC and most big AAA games have had issues this year.
They do get fixed eventually in many cases but some have just been left unsolved.

Banana

10 Jan 2023
They suit different situations.... I wouldnt want to be on a windows device all day, I used to work on excel and hated it.

Consoles are great this gen for all types of gamers but if you have time and interest in things beyond straight gaming..... things like modding, benchmarking, development of games and content creation etc then I agree PC makes sense.

I would point though that Remnant 2 is the latest game to have issues on PC and most big AAA games have had issues this year.
They do get fixed eventually in many cases but some have just been left unsolved.
Yeah I work on windows all day too. Still, having a "home" PC is really nice. Having everything set up exactly how you like it and whatnot.

Yeah I agree with you. For me, PC is all of my digital things besides my phone really. Movies, music, web browsing, coding, mods, hell even hacking your PSP or PS1 classic. I pretty much do everything on it.

NGL. Never even heard of that game. But yeah, western AAA has been pretty terrible the last few years.