Jedi Survivor requires a download of actual game data for the physical release on both PS and Xbox

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
That's shit, there's no point in a physical release if it requires an online connection to download more data...

EA would have to taint a good release with some unnecessary bullshit like this though.

Reactions: Zzero and arvfab

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
The game is over 140gb and if you have to download files that must mean they only went with 1 disk in the box.

Conventional or pre-BD-XL Blu-ray Discs contain 25 GB per layer, with dual-layer discs (50 GB) being the industry standard for feature-length video discs. Triple-layer discs (100 GB) and quadruple-layer discs (128 GB) are available for BD-XL re-writer drives.

• Informative
Reactions: AniWeeb

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
That's shit, there's no point in a physical release if it requires an online connection to download more data...

EA would have to taint a good release with some unnecessary bullshit like this though.
Yes there is, you can still sell/buy copies.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Uncompressed games really are a spit in the face. No soup for you even when EA tries to re-emphasize single player games.

Reactions: arvfab

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Let's wait and see before we judge anything . This is a current gen only game. Games might be 150GB+ from now on.

The game is larger on PS5 compared to XSX, this means there is 0 usage of any hardware based compression capabilities. Also, installed size != size on disk if compression is used.

Reactions: Shmunter
P

peter42O

No biggie. Every game has a day one patch anyway so you'll still be downloading something. Most importantly, I'll still be able to trade in the game once I complete it so it's all good.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Def buying it but def going off my SSD as soon as I plat it. As another used said: Disgusting.

Never forget, this is the publisher that was ready with the knife to twist it on Sony during the early Xbox One/PS4 era when every other publisher kept a neutral stance, even ABK.

Thus obligatory: Fuck EA, Free PopCap.