Jeff Grubb: Ghost of Tsushima 2 and Dragon Age Dreadwolf won't appear in the PlayStation Showcase

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
From today's episode of the Game Mess Decides podcast. Grubb says he's heard that Ghost of Tsushima 2 and Dragon Age Dreadwolf won't be part of the PlayStation Showcase next week. He also says the earliest Dreadwolf could release is Summer 2024.

During the podcast, Grubb said, "Real quick, moving back to PlayStation Showcase, I might have just snipped out two things that won't be there, if that helps anybody. It doesn't sound like Ghost of Tsushima 2 will be there. It probably won't be there".

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Grubb knows absolutely nothing about what's going to be in that showcase. He's an xbot who got lucky guessing the showcase date after multiple tries.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I'll be happy if it's:
- Last of Us MP with a 2023 date
- Death Stranding 2 proper reveal
- New IP with gameplay from any of the recent acquisitions

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
4-5 really big games, no more.

If they show too much, people will forget some of them...

You just really need a few really great 1st party showings, bolstered by a few great 3rd party games and a few interesting indies. Quality over quantity.

Reactions: Yurinka

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
TLOU3 won’t be at the event.

You can take my words.

Man he stop to make inclusive statements to start with exclusive statements that has 99% chance to be true?

Last edited:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Sucker Punch released less than 2 years ago the Director's Cut / PS5 version / Ikki Island expansion, and around half a year before the GoT Legends big MP game mode, and a few months before (3 years ago) the GoT game itself.

I think they won't show GoT2 this week, but instead may announce the GoT1 PC port.

I think they'll wait a year or two more before showing GoT2 because I think it's likely to see it released H2 2025 or 2026 unless (something I highly doubt) it's a PS4 looking game without high end PS5 visuals.

I think Sony will release the PC port later this or next year, and will wait until releasing Rise of the Ronin before showing the GoT2 game, even if they always can show a cg logo teaser (but I highly doubt it because Sony has many other big announcements with a more appropiate timing to show them).

TLOU3 won’t be at the event.
Obvious, they have to show TLOU Online instead. Unless the final name of TLOU Online is TLOU3, something I highly doubt.

Not long ago Druckmann said he wrote a first draft of the main TLOU3 story just in case some day in the future they would decide to develop it, meaning that a few years ago it wasn't even in preproduction. So even if they'd have started it, they wouldn't be in a point to show the game, it would be in preproduction.

I think their next project (in addition to TLOU Online) to be announced will be Uncharted game with the daughter teased in the Live at PS5 campaign, a game that should be developed by someone else once Bend left the project.

But I don't know who, the whole Bluepoint worked on GoWR until around half a year ago. SSM maybe? Maybe the 'new' IP from Cory is an Uncharted reboot sequel with with the daughter, in the same way he rebooted with a sequel GoW? He has a small daughter so maybe he wanted to make a game for her? I bet he's working on a brand new IP but who knows. If ND (and Hermen) has to trust enough someone to give them Uncharted outside Bend or Bluepoint I think the only option is SSM.

Other than that, I think that the next one from ND will be a brand new IP.

4-5 really big games, no more.

If they show too much, people will forget some of them...

You just really need a few really great 1st party showings, bolstered by a few great 3rd party games and a few interesting indies. Quality over quantity.
Big first party announcements:
  • Spider-Man 2 gameplay debut
  • Wolverine gameplay debut

• TLOU Online announcement & gameplay debut
  • Firewalk's new IP announcement & gameplay debut
  • Cory's new IP announcement & gameplay debut
  • Bungie's new IP announcement & gameplay debut

Third party announcements:
  • Silent Hill The Short Message announcement & shadowdrop of at least a demo
  • Mortal Kombat 1 gameplay debut
  • Pragmata gameplay debut & release date
  • Final Fantasy VII Rebirth gameplay debut & release date
  • Avatar gameplay debut & release date

Indies:
  • Ueda's next game announcement

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 417

Dragon age deadwolf. Game is doa.

Another franchise ruined by big American publishers chasing fads and trends and being too fucking greedy to make a game. Inquisition launched 10 years ago.

P

peter42O

Not expecting Dreadwolf until The Game Awards at the earliest. As for Tsushima 2, im hoping for the official announcement but I wouldn't be surprised if it's not on the showcase.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Don’t care about dragon age. I didn’t even dislike either Andromeda or Anthem but I can’t say I expect much from nuBioware.

Didn’t realize Tsushima didn’t get a pc port. It’s ripe for it.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Don’t care about dragon age. I didn’t even dislike either Andromeda or Anthem but I can’t say I expect much from nuBioware.

Didn’t realize Tsushima didn’t get a pc port. It’s ripe for it.

Probably still selling well on PS (GOT).... I'd say when sales get low enough they will unfortunately port. Probably in the next year.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
You know it. Come on, it's been years. It's time for the series to return. Being a MG fan wasn't easy.

I know. Hopefully we get a good MGS3 remake. My favourite game from the Saga.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I wasn't expecting Ghost of Tsushima 2, it's not a Ubisoft show

Trying Not To Laugh Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter