Jeff Grubb — 'Nintendo Direct is almost certainly happening again in February | State of Play is coming, I'd expect it in the next few weeks'

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I think the next Nintendo show is the Switch 2 reveal.
I wonder what it will do to PS5 sales?
It will have no affect on PS5 sales. Switch owners are usually just outright Nintendo fanatics tht wouldn't buy a PS5 anyway or ppl tht buy Switch complimentary usually not ppl tht choose either one. They cater to diff types of gamers.

Last edited:

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I have a 100% credible source saying that the next State of Play is happening soon and that it's going to be disappointing.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I have a 100% credible source saying that the next State of Play is happening soon and that it's going to be disappointing.
I mean we just had a thread about tht. It'll more than likely focus on Helldivers anyway and Rise

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The odds of any State of Play that isn't focused on a single game being disappointing are pretty high.
True. I think it'll be Helldivers recap with two or so games thrown in but nothing crazy.

Damn I enjoyed the big events they use to give free tickets to the theaters to watch. I'm in NYC so I would go every time and they would do it by times square. They would give out fee swag, lines were crazy with everyone having gamer attire. I'd bring my girl and drink cognac. One time they did a psvr1 tht was catered and had a whole bunch of playable games in VR.

Last edited:

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
With GTA6 coming out? Not much
Depends if Switch 2 plays GTA6 then.
I dont know if its true, but I remember reading somewhere PS4 sales went down after Switch released. As in PS4 was number 1 for sales, and then Switch happened

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Spoilers: it won’t.

Just like even though GTA5 is technically a 7th generation game, it still hasn’t released on the switch. Anyone expecting the next switch to not just be a spruced up ps4 are kidding themselves.

I wonder how much more popular and better sales GTA6 will have compared to GTA5, its a tough feat because its had PS3/360 gen, PS4 gen and PS5 gen sales

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I wonder how much more popular and better sales GTA6 will have compared to GTA5, its a tough feat because its had PS3/360 gen, PS4 gen and PS5 gen sales
I mean we obviously won't know tht until 10 years down the line but comparing like timelines I think it'll do similar overall.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It will have no affect on PS5 sales. Switch owners are usually just outright Nintendo fanatics tht wouldn't buy a PS5 anyway or ppl tht buy Switch complimentary usually not ppl tht choose either one. They cater to diff types of gamers.

Handheld sales are not relevant to console hardware. There will be zero effect on PS5.

I mean it’s a lot different when there’s one ps5 in a household whereas mom and dad buy a switch for each one of their 5 kids.

Nintendo fans will continue to pretend otherwise but Nintendo quit the home console business with Switch altogether.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Handheld sales are not relevant to console hardware. There will be zero effect on PS5.

I mean it’s a lot different when there’s one ps5 in a household whereas mom and dad buy a switch for each one of their 5 kids.

Nintendo fans will continue to pretend otherwise but Nintendo quit the home console business with Switch altogether.
I bought my switches (two one for me and my son) complimentary after I had my PS4s. For me (obviously some ppl buy it as their only console but it was always going to be tht way for them) it was a similar purchase to me buying my Portal although obviously Switch does more.