Jez Corden: "100% Steam is coming to Xbox"

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
According to Jez Corden (Windows Central) Steam will be coming to the next Xbox .

This is unrelated to the buyout rumor, rather Xbox will allow other stores on the console:

100% steam is on the next xbox

He thinks they will get some kind of cut

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Systemshock2023

peter42O

Veteran
Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Don't believe this whatsoever and don't see this happening but if it did, it would kill off Xbox even faster because if you're a third party multi-platform publisher, why would you develop native Xbox ports when you can just tell consumers to buy the Steam PC version and play it through that app on Xbox?

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Just kill that stupid box and fully embrace PC gaming. You can still sell peripherals though.

Why would an Xbox have steam. They want to be on the extend phase so bad but no one want their product.

OP
OP
John Elden Ring

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Don't believe this whatsoever and don't see this happening but if it did, it would kill off Xbox even faster because if you're a third party multi-platform publisher, why would you develop native Xbox ports when you can just tell consumers to buy the Steam PC version and play it through that app on Xbox?

I dont think he's right either but who knows

Reactions: peter42O

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
imagine being a multimillon company who have to rely on the gaming equivalent of the comic book guy from the simpons to do damage control on twitter every single time,imagine xbox fanboys using this guy on ERA as a valid source on anything or a sensible voice on gaming when its pretty clear this bozo its a lunatic fanboy with no shame,whats up with xbox influencers and all the cringe? man sony or nintendo dont rely on these sad clowns

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Phil is a visionary

Spongebob Squarepants Rainbow GIF

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
A bunch of us have been saying the next Xbox is likely just a little PC with Xbox branding. I think this actually makes more sense. The Xbox is a failure. Just start morphing it all into PC.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
So Steam won't be on the next Xbox, guaranteed. Interesting, I thought they were going to allow other storefronts on their branded PC but guess not.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
The next MS flop we can look forward to is Xbox being the less popular storefront on its own console.

Valve is about to eat all of MSs lunch. This makes sense to me, Xbox players will have access to Sony games, but the exchange is they will have no exclusives at all.

Giving up your storefront to steam means you lose a shit ton of easy revenue, so why not just keep the Xbox players faithful to your store? Wouldn’t it be most profitable to retain those users, and also go multiplatform? What benefit does steam give to MS other than its more vast library? Imo there’s no way that’s more valuable than having a storefront with 20+ million buyers.

Last edited:

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
How to kill any and all reason to buy any game Gamepass+Steam on Console, Drip feed income from Subscriptions and any sales that do happen 30% of sales on steam.
(My guess would be lower % as i can not see steam agreeing to 30%)
Publishers Would hardly get any cut of sales 30% Console 30% Steam Leaves 40% to the publisher, Someone would have to take a hit to the %'s for it to even make sense.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Be prepared. This is their way to "open" Playstation and get their store there. They don't care if they make zero dollar on the next Xbox. It's all a ploy.

The regulators will eat that shit up and force Sony to open their platforms. They are dumb as a rock, you know it.