Jez Corden: "100% Steam is coming to Xbox"

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
I'll be honest, I don't put much validity in the two Steam rumours today.
I feel like when it comes to acquisitions and high level decision making, it's already hard enough to get information from most places, but Valve has been much more secretive than most corporations.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
NextBox:

The Nextbox sounds much more attractive than the PS6
& imagine if Sony fasten the port release time.

There dumb enough to port there only exclusive games that make there platform & storefront differentiate against other competitors. Wouldn’t be shock

The next Xbox is looking promising even thoe it won’t sell if you want a $400-$500 box that has no online pay, Xbox & PS games, emulators, cheaper price game, gamepass & overall a bigger library a Xbox handheld isn’t a bad purchase really depend if it cost less then Steamdeck.

PS6 is $500 hybrid handheld pay online subscription, higher price games, low performance not the best place to play PS games due to ports, smaller library of other subscription at lower price, time exclusive no permanent exclusive, missing many PC & Mobile games (Nintendo bought a port studio not to port there games to other direct competitors but help port 3rd party game studios/publisher to release there games on Nintendo, this alone could leave Nintendo getting some exclusive PC & Mobile games that don’t release on PS lol) Nintendo has the right mind of using a porting studio properly that benefits Nintendo as a whole & there consumer getting easy $ & filling there platform & storefront w more games & possible exclusive games

Reactions: Puff

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
The next MS flop we can look forward to is Xbox being the less popular storefront on its own console.

Valve is about to eat all of MSs lunch. This makes sense to me, Xbox players will have access to Sony games, but the exchange is they will have no exclusives at all.

Giving up your storefront to steam means you lose a shit ton of easy revenue, so why not just keep the Xbox players faithful to your store? Wouldn’t it be most profitable to retain those users, and also go multiplatform? What benefit does steam give to MS other than its more vast library? Imo there’s no way that’s more valuable than having a storefront with 20+ million buyers.
I think MS doesn’t want to put effort in competiting.

Look at Cloud it’s essentially a build it & forget it type product that can go anywhere & everywhere.

In MS eyes relying Xbox to have a user base of 100 billion while putting effort in competing with Nintendo or PS is not there kinda mindset imo.

MS wasn’t to be in the same position Valve/Steam are. Doing nothing both existing & getting money from 3rd party little effort big easy profits.

I don’t get there plan by having Steam on Xbox hardware maybe it’s a where releasing Xbox games day 1 everywhere & since Steam, PS & Nintendo block Gamepass our hardware is the only place for a value subscription for gaming. Xbox being more open can lead it to having PS games so if Sony further decreases port timespan it benefit Xbox making Sony either continue porting games to PC benefiting Xbox & Steam or PS makes there singleplayer games permanently exclusive like Nintendo & find other means.

Xbox next hardware isn’t looking bad Xbox, PS, mobile & Steam/PC games all in 1 hardware compared to PS which will offer time exclusive but miss PC/Steam games + mobile games that are playable on PC & not on PS console PS console will have online pay which is $80 & will likely go up in the future. Xbox being more open can result to a piece of hardware where you can get cheaper games then on PS while having PS games & a bigger library but at the cost of killing Xbox entire identity.

I think the future of PS & PS console is looking spooky & hella uncertain with the direction Sony has taken PS

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Be prepared. This is their way to "open" Playstation and get their store there. They don't care if they make zero dollar on the next Xbox. It's all a ploy.

The regulators will eat that shit up and force Sony to open their platforms. They are dumb as a rock, you know it.
This is likely what there trying to do.

MS knows they can’t compete with Nintendo, PS & Apple & are trying open the storefront because they are a cloud company if all closed wall gardens where brought down & open MS ultimately wins the future w Cloud

MS also likely wants to buy Valve/Steam but to do so they have to push 3rd party heavily & make the case Sony, Nintendo & Apple wall garden bad & them buying Valve/Steam a storefront be on more place like android etc & push a acquisition of Valve/Steam to say we want Valve/Steam storefront on PS, Apple & Nintendo making Valve/Steam the ultimate gaming store that’s available anywhere & everywhere & in the case of Sony porting PS first party a Valve/Steam owned by MS having PS first party exclusive makes PS hardware & PS storefront obsolete.

Nintendo will survive since there games are exclusive to there platform & storefront even Apple will survive since they have there own exclusive storefront w exclusive games on the Apple Arcade.

I think this is what MS is pushing. I also seen the Satya Nutella interview w WSJ & Satya basically wants MS AI or whatever it’s called chat gpt/co pilot to be the base ai for everything & any piece of tech similar to how windows is the base operating system for PC

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Of course they will and they will block it, but they should have never been on PC to begin with with their tentpole games
How will Sony be able to block a game to Xbox if it’s more open & likely running windows & PS games are on Steam. Seems hard to block a platform that’s essentially super open & is the platform Sony ported there games to?

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I don't understand how this would work? I mean, Valve does have games, contrary to the meme, but they don't have a lot of them and any modern games that run natively on Xbox would have to do it through the Xbox store, right?

I guess I could see a narrow niche of XBox Teries (or whatever) brute forcing 360 era PC releases, and Steam has plenty of those.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
Only way I could think of circumventing developers ignoring/skipping the platform.
You could argue they are abandoning 3rd party sales rips as a platform holder, but if the numbers are negligible..
3rd party can’t skip Xbox if Xbox supports PC/Steam. Games like Final Fantasy 7 release on Steam but not Xbox so in ways MS is killing Xbox so Xbox can have another life being more PC & open.

Also instead of doing deals w Sega to get games like Yakuza, Persona through Gamepass if Xbox is more open & support PC/Steam Xbox will get Yakuza & Persona games by default without having no deals saving money. Kinda circumvent PS deals that exclude Xbox but not PC.

To make up the revenue that will be kill I think they will publish games full 3rd party or have a focus on Xbox, PC, Nintendo & Mobile but they can include PS if they wanted to

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
if the next xbox its handheld it will be a fucking huge flop.even the "mighty" steam deck have sold 3 fuckinh millions ,but pc players want to make the thing look its selling like the switch or something,and it wont be 400 dolars,thats for sure

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
How will Sony be able to block a game to Xbox if it’s more open & likely running windows & PS games are on Steam. Seems hard to block a platform that’s essentially super open & is the platform Sony ported there games to?

It would no longer be an Xbox and Xbox versions of games would stop existing, there would just be PC games. Hardware would stop being price competitive too, and they would be competing against any other company like Asus etc. There would literally be nothing to set Xbox apart aside from a logo for a brand that is dying.

Hey I got a billion dollar idea, let’s make a box that can have any store front in it and plays windows games. What am I called?

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Swolf712