Jez Corden: Final Fantasy VII Remake is coming to Xbox Consoles (nothing is confirmed, but discussions are happening) )

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-Intergrade-key-visual.jpg

According to Jez Corden of Windows Central, a well-known voice within the Microsoft Gaming community, Via Eurogamer , Phil Spencer is negotiating with Square enix for the arrival of Final Fantasy 7 Remake on his company's consoles.

I got evidence tentatively that there are discussions on Final Fantasy VII coming to Xbox

Corden says that nothing is confirmed, but according to his sources, negotiations are underway about Final Fantasy 7 Remake on the Xbox Series and this could result in the arrival of one of the most desired games by the Microsoft Gaming community.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • haha
Reactions: Umar

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
SE is after the gamepass handout, which is understandable considering SE's financial troubles.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
The timing of this feels like damage control FOMO because ff7 rebirth legit seems like an elden ring 2.0 moment, IMO. Im sure it will eventually happen, i just think the timing is suspicious.

Calm down, sir.

SE is after the gamepass handout, which is understandable considering SE's financial troubles.

Quite possibly, ports are not expensive, so just signing the deal makes it worth it to them no matter how little game sales actually happen. Quite similar to what SEGA has recently been doing for more of their games recently.

Reactions: Entropi

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
SE trying to hit that 10 million copies sold, they still think Final Fantasy is a major title, they forgot it's been a long graphics demo since FF15
Yeah FF is a popular franchise but it's no block buster. Block buster titles are games that sell 10-20 million units in a year. Modern FF will probably never hit that.

Kx11

Banned
7 Jan 2024
Katar
flickr.com
Yeah FF is a popular franchise but it's no block buster. Block buster titles are games that sell 10-20 million units in a year. Modern FF will probably never hit that.

I've said before the SE lives off of FF14 success and their music sales, the rest is bad news, heck they are on their way to be that company that makes that 1 good game only (FF14)

10 Jan 2024
I do not see why Remake would make a difference on Xbox just in terms of volume, if anything they should be targeting switch 2.

Unless they open the gamepass cheque book but i suspect there catalogue budget will be thrown out of the window!

Also I would love to see the what the increase of subscriber numbers in FFXIV when launching on Gamepass, i seriously dont think it will shift or make a dent! This then leads to the age old question of how long do you support a platform till it becomes unprofitable!