Jez Corden: "Microsoft has no plan to quit console market"

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
MS may occupy the industry as a weird pseudo 3rd party that puts their games on other platforms but also sells an OEM based console line (kinda similar to how phones do things) with their branding for those who want it.

Dunno though, Jez has been all over the place with his takes and seems to be in the bargaining phase.
So...sega.
61EaP9NEIbS.jpg

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
They see Linux as a nuisance, yes. Research the infamous history of Microsoft.
I wouldn't talk about Linux in the abstract. On Azure, MS is a Linux distributor. MS increasingly supports Linux versions of their Desktop apps. With SteamOS, the question is whether MS will allow another platform for PC gaming. They could do a lot of dirty tactics and legal tactics if they wanted to go scorched earth.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
This is why my dear fellow gamers, Microsoft cannot be trusted. Under no circumstances.
Still staying with Sony should secure their partners. Acquiring one of their close working Japanese publishing partner followed by acquiring multiple stakes in all major Japanese pubs.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
I'd take this as spin for "Xbox won't abandon the current userbase of hardware customers and support them until end of life" instead of them just dropping Xbox like a brick in the ocean. Still unlikely they continue their hardware in the future in it's current form.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Satya "knows nothing about games" Nadella thinks an ecosystem can be successful with no exclusives because of Windows (which actually has shitloads of exclusives due to market dominance) and thus everything will be fine. Ignore what happened to Dreamcast, ignore what happened to PC-FX.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
The same people who claimed exclusives don't matter to downplay Playstation.
Look at everything PlayStation has had since 2009 and compare to what Xbox had.

Reflect on the fact that Phil Spencer was made the head of Xbox studios in 2008.

Now explain to me how these green rats idiots love Phil Spencer.

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
They also said that the games were case by case basis, or where Game Pass exists. Yeah, I see Microsoft releasing their next generation despite already being in R&D as 50/50 shot.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I think there will be an "Xbox", but it will play Windows games, not Xbox games. Either MS will have to work with Valve to put GamePass on Steam, or MS will make a console interface for Windows. MS would probably prefer the 2nd one, but there's really no reason to keep "Xbox" alive as a Profile, a friends list, achievements, etc. It's dead.